One of The Biggest Announcements in NHRA History (1 Viewer)

It's amazing how here on the Mater, just like most of the social media posts I've read, people seem to have negative comments. I will agree that the headline really does set expectations high, but I'm hopeful it's something we haven't thought of that is worthy of the hype.

The realist in me thinks it's got to be something to do with a new countdown format, race within a face format, and/or increased payouts.

The optimist in me hopes for a return to 1320 on the handful tracks which can support it, 1/8 mile on smaller but national event caliber tracks (new markets), and 1,000 ft everywhere else.

The pessimist in me thinks it's going to be something a few people in the organization think is cool and will bring in "new fans", but its also something the paying fans never asked for and don't want.

Signing Mission is a big thing which got little fanfare, so hopefully this is truly bigger news to get excited about. Otherwise, someone needs to review and approve the social media posts.

My money is on the news being a driver announcing 2024 is their final year.
That's what I was thinking.... It will be a year long farewell tour.

It will be like Warren "The Professor" Johnson's "School's Out" tour that Pontiac ran TV commercials about during EVERY commercial break. lol.

And then he will probably come back for a few more years after that.

lol.

Street Outlaws is the new sponsor of the NHRA…. And posses will be allowed to crowd around the cars on the starting line … no prep on the tracks and open wagering allowed

i think there is big money for STK/SS at bradenton race.....$30k to win..... not sure who's putting money up

My three guesses, Somebody is buying the NHRA, at least the professional side. A massive new TV deal (I cant remember when the current Fox deal ends) or John Force is announcing a retirement tour for 2024.

When NHRA has negative news, they generally sweep it under the rug. So whatever it is should be a positive thing. I’m going to say Tony Stewart is going TF racing in 2024.

The realist in me thinks it's got to be something to do with a new countdown format, race within a face format, and/or increased payouts.

The optimist in me hopes for a return to 1320 on the handful tracks which can support it, 1/8 mile on smaller but national event caliber tracks (new markets), and 1,000 ft everywhere else.

The pessimist in me thinks it's going to be something a few people in the organization think is cool and will bring in "new fans", but its also something the paying fans never asked for and don't want.

Signing Mission is a big thing which got little fanfare, so hopefully this is truly bigger news to get excited about. Otherwise, someone needs to review and approve the social media posts.
You know this whole thing could be a big prank by some hacker.

My three guesses, Somebody is buying the NHRA, at least the professional side. A massive new TV deal (I cant remember when the current Fox deal ends) or John Force is announcing a retirement tour for 2024.
Agree on all 3 guesses.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back