The Pegasus-Cliff Road-San Fernando's Biggest Winner? (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Could the Cliff Road driven Pegasus Top Fueler be the biggest nitro winner in the history of San Fernando Raceway?

Ok Cliff...ready. set. go! LOL my brother!

TopFuel@Lions,, man-o-man would I like to bench race with Cliff downing some adult beverages!

Was the driver Cliff Road or Cliff Roa? I seem to remember a Cliff Roa, but never can find info on him. Boy, I have no idea who would have the most wins at Fernando. Maybe the guy with the early '50's Hudson that ran L/S, which was the 6 cyl stock class there. Never saw him lose.

The Pegasus was John Harbert's car. Kent Fuller chassis and Wayne Ewing did the Body. It had a Chute Pak Tail on it and no Nose. John finished putting it together at Wayne's shop. He experimented with the steering using a Morse Cable instead of a Drag Link thinking that the car wouldn't steer it's self when the front end came up or the car flexed. Didn't work and it was almost a "One and Done" deal. Luckly for him it didn't crash. There were several drivers beside him including Bobby Tapia, but I don't remember Cliff Roah being dominant in that car. Dusty Rhoades won in his own car quite a few times. The fastest car there was always Brisette and (Whoever was driving after Paul Sutherland) but it had a very short fuse. Quick story - Kent Enderle made an Injector for the little unblown Hemi's for Jr. Fuel after Adams blew all the Chevy's away and he had Brisette test it so we put it in a car I was part of. 1'st pass it was fat and I didn't bring up the RPM enough to leave hard. 2'nd pass he says "You've got to wring this thing's neck" and pushes me on to the rollers. Motor fires up sounds crisp but after warming up for a while I see the Oil Pressure is at 0 so I wave at Jim but he doesn't see me so I get my wife's attention and she pulls him over to the car. He thumps the guage with his finger - Nothing - so he grabs the Guage and twist's it around 180 degrees while pointing toward the starting line. It made it to the end but our test was over after that. As far as who won the most I think you would have to determine what year or years it was.

Last edited:
Did internet search for Cliff Roah. Nuthin'. But I did find Cliff Road, dangerous mountain road. Maybe we could do a song, the Jag VS the Vette.... Mark will sing....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back