Scheduled announcements at Indy (1 Viewer)

nick name

Nitro Member
I wonder if any of these will prove to be anything significant, or just business as usual.

This is a list of the press conferences at Indy that seem to be a bit out of the ordinary compared to any other race. While some may only be announcements of a contract extension, etc. others may not be.

Any adjective (special, important, etc.) was in the original document and not added by me. Sorry, but I have no further info. Just thought the information was interesting.

8/30 NHRA will make an important announcement regarding the 2007 NHRA POWERade Series season.

9/1 Valvoline announcement

9/1 Special Pro Stock announcement

9/2 GM Racing announcement

9/2 ACDelco announcement

Maybe we'll get the announcement for Dixons new sponsor too

Let's not forget Bruton Smith buying the NHRA, again?
Don Schumacher's entire Pro Stock operation being moved into engineering positions?

9/1 Valvoline announcement

Capps, Schumacher and Brut are making an announcement also.

Forgive me if I missed something but does anyone know what the Valvoline announcement is about???

The talk around Brainerd was Valvoline is pulling out of drag racing. I just blew that off as rumor but now I just read you post and started to wonder.

I heard (Confidential source) SC will be driving a Brand New PS Car for DS built just to "his" specs... and all involved think the car will be very competitive !!

If Valvoline were pulling out of drag racing, why would they schedule a 9/1 announcement at ORP? (no typo) :D

Forgive me if I missed something but does anyone know what the Valvoline announcement is about???

The talk around Brainerd was Valvoline is pulling out of drag racing. I just blew that off as rumor but now I just read you post and started to wonder.

Isn't David Powers considering adding a 2nd Top Fuel car to his operation? Maybe it has something to do with that.

devil_smiley-low.gif

Patience !

Last edited:
Let me guess:
Powers' entire operation, along with the new to be announced team and sponsors are moving over with Valvoline/Ashland to join that giant team . . .

. . . OK, maybe not?

Wow, the plot thickens.

How about this press conference just added by the NHRA for 9/1?

2 p.m. -- NFL Super Bowl champion to announce new Pro Stock team

Let the conjecture begin!

What? Who?

Sorry, but I don't have any more information.

The line I quoted was included in a revised NHRA press release regarding Indy announcements and press conferences.

Sounds like big news to me. I'm trying to think of who might have any NFL connections.

My first thought was Joe Gibbs, but he may not be over the negatives from his last time here.

Jerry Glanville? Jeez, there could be a whole bunch of possibilties.

i am going way out on the limb and guessing that one of indy's
announcements may involve an alcoholic beverage.
just a guess.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back