Daniel Wilkerson makes TF/FC Debut (1 Viewer)

Drake Simmons

Nitro Member
Daniel Wilkerson To Make His TF/FC Debut Saturday @ SREMP !

Night Under Fire - Special Announcement
August 2, 2007

We are privileged to announce a milestone for NHRA drag racing, and for Summit Motorsports Park. The 30th anniversary of the Night Under Fire will mark the inception of a professional drag racing career. Daniel Wilkerson, son of fuel funny car legend Tim Wilkerson, will make his competitive fuel funny car debut here at SMP on Saturday night in the eight-car nitro funny car field. The 30th anniversary race, the first year for Summit Motorsports Park under NHRA sanction, and the debut of a rising young star all here this Saturday night. It just doesn’t get any better than this!

image_insidestory

Daniel Wilkerson is not a newcomer to Summit Motorsports Park. As a matter of fact he’s already been here once this year. Daniel was the driver of the Levi, Ray, and Shoup Top Alcohol Funny Car at the Cavalcade of Stars here in May. The 18-year-old college freshman from Springfield, Ill., combines a partial race schedule this season with Team Wilkerson Racing with his pursuit of a college degree in accounting. Upgrading his NHRA license earlier this year, Daniel is looking at the very real possibility of starting a full-time professional fuel funny car career next year. That Daniel has chosen Summit Motorsports Park as the competitive launch into the nitro ranks is just delightful for us! We are proud and honored to be a part of racing history, and those of you who have chosen to spend your day with us get to share in that piece of history.

image_insidestory

Time is almost gone for seating the Night Under Fire presented by Summit Motorsports Park, the Ohio Lottery, and AC Delco and those seats remaining are going fast! Some seating sections have already sold out, so we strongly recommend getting your tickets for this dynamic show right now! You can purchase tickets on this website, or call 419-668-5555 to make sure you’ve got seats for this race.

News — Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park

Last edited:
what great news.
noticed Tim is booked in at the World Series coming up;
Tim driving or maybe Daniel there too?

I am not sure Mike, but it would be great to see him get some more practice before trying it out at a national event.

Could we be looking at a new "TEAM" effort? I hope the best for father and son it would give me a team I could root for in FC.

Let me say I love Tim Wilkerson. He is a great guy, and has taken the time out to talk to me at the ropes in Vegas several times.

But is he really a "legend" as the press release says?

I am glad he has been able to survive when others couldn't, and I am very proud of him for getting his son out there, but I think "legend" is a stretch.

Again, I mean no disrespect to Tim, he is definitely one of the good guys, but the Snake and Kenny Bernstein and John Force are legends ....

YAY DANIEL!!!! Good luck to ya! My goodness, he looks just like Tim!

Of course it looks like him! What the press release didn't say was Daniel is Tim's clone... Its a conspiracy against the major teams... Cloning is the new way to go for drivers... :D

Best of Luck to Dan "the clone" Wilkerson...

CJ Curtsinger

I just hope he isn't as scrutinized as much as Ashley Force was/is. No one needs that kind of abuse when starting out.

Well, Daniel BEAT Cruz in the first round with a 4.88 @ around 308mph! He redlit against John Force in the next round and had to lift to avoid taking out the 1,000 ft. block. He did an outstanding job!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back