One of The Biggest Announcements in NHRA History (2 Viewers)

Increasing prize money?

They're setting a very high bar with that tantalizing headline. I have to believe whatever it is, it will not live up to the speculation over the next few days. My guess - based on the headline - is some sort of major new TV deal? Which could - as Ted suggests - greatly increase the price money to the racers. But while our sport seems to be holding its own in terms of attendance and TV ratings, it's nowhere near what the roundy-round cars are getting for their TV packages.

Last edited:
Can't be title sponsor, Mission is already in. Guessing a TV package or somebody bought the whole damn thing.

Top Fuel becomes a claimer series? Like this:

The IMCA has a rule in its Modified and Stock Car classes that has been in effect for many years now, and while racers have different opinions of it, there is no denying that it has the intended effect of making racers keep a close eye on the checkbook. That rule is, of course, the IMCA's claimer rule, and the best part about it is its simplicity. Essentially, the IMCA lets you run just about anything you want, but anyone on the track who finished below you can claim your engine for $525 or the engine in their car. (Usually, the team getting claimed has the choice of which they want.)

Yeah, but the pieces made great souviniers for the fans. Ask me about the piece of blower I have from an AA/FA boomer. :)

For this announcement to be among "the biggest in history", can only assume it will be related to the business arrangement between NHRA and PRO?

I'm going with a big TV announcement. Maybe the races will be on Fox only, no more FS1. Or, a major TV network bought the rights to NHRA TV and will stream the races like a movie or TV series.

Smoke buys NHRA Pro series?

Smoke heads a new corporate entity that funded by a hedge fund and buy the pro circuit.

That or they've found a new title sponsor for the Heritage Series. Or the Heritage Series is dropped all together.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back