One of The Biggest Announcements in NHRA History (1 Viewer)

Still not one peep about this on NHRA's website although there is a story there about TS named Driver of the Year. Odd. What would be the reason for wanting to hush this story after indicating it will be a historical event?

This- once again- confirms that NHRA has ZERO interest in what us - the truly dedicated fan - finds important.

That this announcement was sent, incessantly, to my email when all along they knew what it was...

Tony P. - the commentator for the sport - speaks to everyone but US on all those broadcasts; and yet, WE are the ones watching every event.

So many things say "tone deaf"; I see the value of Smoke getting in the seat- and MAYBE stealing some fans from another couple of series (they are probably here already BTW), but to quantify it as a "major historical" announcement was, IMO, ridiculous.

Last edited:
This- once again- confirms that NHRA has ZERO interest in what us - the truly dedicated fan - finds important.

That this announcement was sent, incessantly, to my email when all along they knew what it was...

Tony P. - the commentator for the sport - speaks to everyone but US on all those broadcasts; and yet, WE are the ones watching every event.

So many things say "tone deaf"; I see the value of Smoke getting in the seat- and MAYBE stealing some fans from another couple of series (they are probably here already BTW), but to quantify it as a "major historical" announcement was, IMO, ridiculous.
Id rather see Ashley Sanford get the ride.

The Biggest Announcement's should have been. NHRA is getting rid of the annoying pop-up ads on NHRA.com
And the greatest one would have been (Been a NHRA.TV subscriber since day one) them turning the volume of
the race cars way up (The cars are the stars) and turning down the volume on the announcer's and the wannabe
dive bar DJ, who are trying to be the next great comedy duos...Not

View attachment 14034
THE greatest comment on here. You are correct on all points. They need to watch the Main Event videos,,,,thats how its done. The cameras were a lot better than what they have now also. Amanda and Bruno do a great job. None of the mindless comments.

Ok I’ll jump on this before it’s time to be nice to everyone before Christmas. Yes, NHRA TV needs to fix their interface and sound. And yes, we don’t need a DJ screaming and dancing to try to create artificial excitement. It’s just annoying and embarrassing. If others are in the house while the DJ crap is going on, it demeans the sport and people ask ‘why the hell are you watching that’.

Ok I’ll jump on this before it’s time to be nice to everyone before Christmas. Yes, NHRA TV needs to fix their interface and sound. And yes, we don’t need a DJ screaming and dancing to try to create artificial excitement. It’s just annoying and embarrassing. If others are in the house while the DJ crap is going on, it demeans the sport and people ask ‘why the hell are you watching that’.
i sure wish nhratv would hear us about the cars, weve been yapping about it forever,why cant they have better sound? I watched live races online from qatar and wow the sound of teh cars was amazing, and the best feature, NO ANNOUNCERS just cars, take a hint nhratv

I'm still in the dark as to why " one of the biggest announcements in NHRA history" isn't on their own website homepage. I don't understand why the switch to Tony Stewart isn't on NHRA's website, period, 'biggest announcement' or otherwise. It's almost like they threw this bait out there to garner attention and then realizing it isn't that big of a deal, simply decided to can the story. To me, "big announcements" might include a doubling of purses, John Force retiring from driving to assume a role similar to Connie Kalitta, a return to 1320 racing in all classes or a total revamp of the countdown system. All these other things including driver/crew chief/rule changes are just regular old announcements.

Hats off to what Tony, Leah and other members of his team accomplished in 2023 and I wish his future family well. Glad to see TS in drag racing; it's meant a lot to interest in our sport. But this swap is just that, a swap. A different butt in the seat, not something that will anyway alter the course of NHRA drag racing.

Sigh…they are ready to replace Force. Clueless that Force’s personality is miles above Smoke’s (no offense to Smoke)
Force is still the biggest draw (he will be, even when the day comes when he gets out of the seat) at the drags.
Ever notice when you're at the races and Force is on his scooter on the return road, ect. The fans make noice
for Force, the fans love him. I wonder how many t-shirts Force has sold in the last 40 years? Speaking of t-shirts.
I remember back in the mid 70s, Raymond Beadle and his wife at the time Holly, she was behind the merchandising
of the Blue Max apparel line. Just about every guy had a Blue Max t-shirt on, and every woman who came through
the gate, bought a Blue Max halter top. (I miss halter tops)
Why did I post this gibberish, jibber-jabber? you got me. I'm bored on this wet, cold (trying to snow) Saturday afternoon
here in the Northwest.

1702156728852.png

Oh my, halter tops. It's the winner circle at the 1975 NHRA U.S. Nationals

I'm still in the dark as to why " one of the biggest announcements in NHRA history" isn't on their own website homepage. I don't understand why the switch to Tony Stewart isn't on NHRA's website, period, 'biggest announcement' or otherwise. It's almost like they threw this bait out there to garner attention and then realizing it isn't that big of a deal, simply decided to can the story. To me, "big announcements" might include a doubling of purses, John Force retiring from driving to assume a role similar to Connie Kalitta, a return to 1320 racing in all classes or a total revamp of the countdown system. All these other things including driver/crew chief/rule changes are just regular old announcements.

Hats off to what Tony, Leah and other members of his team accomplished in 2023 and I wish his future family well. Glad to see TS in drag racing; it's meant a lot to interest in our sport. But this swap is just that, a swap. A different butt in the seat, not something that will anyway alter the course of NHRA drag racing.
https://www.nhra.com/news/2023/prue...g-family-stewart-named-team-s-replacement-top

It was the main headline on Thursday evening, there's been a ton of news the last 3 days out of Indy, so it has fell down the list.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back