One of The Biggest Announcements in NHRA History (1 Viewer)

uh-oh. We're not about to be all Taylor Swifted with Tony everything are we???? Already got emails, FB post and such about "Come see Tony Stewart"

Glad he's here, welcome the attention but learn from others. You can over market something to the point that people either quit caring or get angry

I’m more happy they’re going to continue racing at Firebird. I attended the first 33 races there before eventually moving east. I may have to fly back out, see some friends and go to the drags 👍

Like most on here, I was expecting something other than a team announcement. However, don't undersell what this means in the racing world and the overall sports world. Tony Stewart is now the best known drag racer currently racing both in the US and around the world. If you think more people outside of racing knows John Force over Stewart, you're sadly mistaken. Not saying this is going to lead to some boom, but this will put more eyes on the sport and if we can get a fraction of these people out to an event, IMO they will be hooked with the at track experience.

I agree that it will put more eyes on the NHRA but, they need to stop the goo goo B.S. when someone popular comes over. Look how much of a production that they made when "Big Chief" Street Outlaws came to run 1 race and also when Kurt Bush came over to run.

The Biggest Announcement's should have been. NHRA is getting rid of the annoying pop-up ads on NHRA.com
And the greatest one would have been (Been a NHRA.TV subscriber since day one) them turning the volume of
the race cars way up (The cars are the stars) and turning down the volume on the announcer's and the wannabe
dive bar DJ, who are trying to be the next great comedy duos...Not

View attachment 14034
You hit the nail on the head !!! I'm down to once a week because of this, start watching a video and a pop up covers half the screen ! It's easier to go to FB when I get up at 9AM, the youngsters and Cliff already posted the news !

Ashley and Courtney did the same thing ... only their husbands didn't jump in the seat of their race cars. :)
That's because their husbands didn't own the cars. Drivers in this sport are selected based on Money, Kinship and once in a blue moon 'merit'

Congrats to TSR and Tony himself going TF racing! Big news - nope.

Saw some about NHRA streaming the races, then it disappeared. Would'nt that have affected NHRA TV?

The big news would have been $1,000,000.00 Championships in TF and FC and $500,000.00 in PS!

Making INDY really huge again with an event similar to the PRO race at the beginning of the 2024 season. Big Bucks!

Every one of you missed the "biggest news" guess. What would that be??

Two scenarios:

A; Leah Pruitt steps away from her Top Fuel dragster and will be replaced by Taylor Swift, or:
B; NHRA nitro racing returns to the quarter mile.

I was more surprised (big news wise... not in the realm of biggest ever though) was the driver change for Jim Dunn . Even so I know what Kids did to my racing carrier, probably a different socio economic scale exist there as well ;) Good luck to them and their endeavors.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back