Langdon and AJ to MLR (1 Viewer)

For what it's worth, the 4 wide entry list has Shawn on it with AJR as the sponsor.

Someone asked AJR outright on Twitter over the weekend what a weekend costs for them to go racing - 150k. Sorry, but that is just absurd, given that these guys only stand to win a possible $500k at the end.
I'm a big fan of AJR, but I honestly don't see a sponsor thinking that a weekend of racing is going to generate a positive ROI (x1.5 or x2 return) on that type of outlay.

May not cost that much, but I'm betting that's what he was getting via the Alanabi sponsor deal! Now back about 10 years ago a Crew member for a Top ten FC team, this guy signed every check on that team told me their Budget was around $120,000 per race! But $15,000-20,000 of that went towards Hospitality!

There's always going to be a range of budgets that people race on, and if you race 10 races vs. chasing the championship your average per event will be much different. Meaning a part time team could maybe race an event for 40-50K, but if you're running all 24, it doesn't seem like you could do it these days for less than 100k/race. And there always the variables like hospitality, and probably the biggest, personnel.

Per Speed Sport News.
A.J. Stated
We decided to race the early portion of this season to show potential sponsors that we have a championship-caliber race team,” Johnson said. “We have done that in the first three races. It is definitely easier to walk into a board room to talk about a team that leads the point standings, and we need to do our best to stay there

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back