Todd Smith Released from JFR Replaced by???? (1 Viewer)

Brian Huesen said he was looking for a job. But when you read that link it definitely sounds like AJ.

Last edited:
No way AJ goes to JFR. He went to Torrence because they welcomed his expertise and he most likely had complete control over the race cars.

And they buy his parts.

And they have the "resources".

I'm not sure, with the money invested in their in house programs, that JFR would want to change their technology, unless aligning with AJ and AJP could present a cost savings to them long term.

It sure would be fun to see how that worked out, though.

If it's going to be the "talk of the nitro community" as the rumor on Comp Plus is saying, then that would point to AJ to me anyway.

If it's going to be the "talk of the nitro community" as the rumor on Comp Plus is saying, then that would point to AJ to me anyway.

If it really would be the talk of the nitro community I would say it has to be AJ, a Schumacher crew chief, or an Oberhoffer(which I don't ever see happening but would be the talk of the nitro community). I would say it's AJ or a Schumacher crew chief. Finally a silly season that's worth talking about lol.

I'll be the first to admit I have no inside knowledge whatsoever, but the AJ to JFR thing just doesn't sound right to me. I have to agree with Jim that an AJ tenure with JFR would last until Force goes off on one of his now famous (and seemingly more frequent lately) rants and AJ would politely (or not...) tell Force to go to hell, 'cause he sure doesn't need that job. Also against it is, as mentioned, that AJ is a parts producer, and would be unwilling, to say the least, to use someone else's designs to implement his tune up with. But I do agree, if it did come to be, I would be surprised, but it indeed would be the "talk of the pits:!

I can't see it being AJ. He makes his own parts (and has customers like Kalitta Racing, Morgan Lucas Racing and Torrence Racing, not to mention an up and coming Alcohol combo), JFR make their own parts. It seems to me that if AJ can't have his own program, then his business attention would be focused on pushing AJPE forward. Working for JFR serves neither of those purposes.

Of course there are exceptions that could be made, if JFR could scratch out a big enough check and stay out of the way.

Todd Smith won't be unemployed long, that Monster car ran well this year.

Right . . . you win the championship, work for Don Schumacher and crew chief for one of the best divers - ever. So, you're gonna leave to work for John Force? I don't think you have anything to worry about - ;)
Mike Neff did. And he is still there even though he is not driving in competition.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back