Langdon and AJ to MLR (1 Viewer)

Makes perfect sense to me. Langdon drove for Lucas before, and by all accounts Morgan Lucas and Shawn Langdon are good friends away from the track. And let's face it, if AJ has to shut his own team down, there was ZERO chance he was going to be out of the game for long. He is the best crew chief in the pits, and no one is going to let him sit on the sidelines.

What am I missing? Lucas only has funding for one car to run all season, would Richie be out of his full time ride and become the part timer?

Someone asked AJR outright on Twitter over the weekend what a weekend costs for them to go racing - 150k. Sorry, but that is just absurd, given that these guys only stand to win a possible $500k at the end.
I'm a big fan of AJR, but I honestly don't see a sponsor thinking that a weekend of racing is going to generate a positive ROI (x1.5 or x2 return) on that type of outlay.

What am I missing? Lucas only has funding for one car to run all season, would Richie be out of his full time ride and become the part timer?
I would say Crampton goes to the second car with Aaron Brooks, AJ and Langdon become the primary car, and Morgan steps aside. I'm guessing the "primary" versus "second" car might have to do with sponsorship/funding. Smart move by Morgan, if this is how it plays out. You've just got a recent championship driver (familiar with your team already), and arguably the best crew chief in the sport.

I would say Crampton goes to the second car with Aaron Brooks, AJ and Langdon become the primary car, and Morgan steps aside. I'm guessing the "primary" versus "second" car might have to do with sponsorship/funding. Smart move by Morgan, if this is how it plays out. You've just got a recent championship driver (familiar with your team already), and arguably the best crew chief in the sport.

Yep...If you can't beat 'em...buy 'em.

I doubt that it is Torrance. Both Torrance and the Vandergrift teams are funded by oil field work. With oil prices still falling and the major oil drilling companies cutting their 2015-16 drilling budgets by between 50-75% in both Texas and North Dakota both the Torrance company and BVR could be in for severe cuts soon as oil field work is falling off faster than water going over Niagara Falls.

It would be smart of MLR to bring AJ and Langdon into the Lucas fold - lots of money there, forget the budget it's meaningless with Lucas. They have been a inconsistent organization forever and with AJ it would without a doubt become a major-major player, providing they stay away from AJ and let him do his magic

Yep...If you can't beat 'em...buy 'em.

I believe they were already aligned pretty heavily, AJ would just be physically be in their trailer more.

They have been a inconsistent organization forever and with AJ it would without a doubt become a major-major player, providing they stay away from AJ and let him do his magic

I don't think Aaron Brooks has exactly been a slouch, particularly over the last year or so. However, him and AJ could be a most formidable brain trust

I believe they were already aligned pretty heavily, AJ would just be physically be in their trailer more.

I don't think Aaron Brooks has exactly been a slouch, particularly over the last year or so. However, him and AJ could be a most formidable brain trust

Also, remember Aaron Brooks was also AJ's first tuner on the Al Anabi funny car.

If everyone remembers back to a couple winters ago this same scenario was rumored when KH's money was in jeopardy of disappearing. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this came to pass. Good for everyone involved!

They are waiting for the completion of of the sale of NHRA and Brittany's new sponsor to make the announcement <g>!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back