JOHN FORCE REPLACEMENT DRIVER IN THE WORKS! (1 Viewer)

you may be on to something, then we could get fast jack in the booth ,thats a win win
Don’t think that will ever happen. The last time they spoke on TV was at the finish line & they were talking Mama’s & were ready to Box.

Jack or TJ would both be well spoken, talented replacements that would make the sponsors happy. My scales lean slightly (51-49) toward TJ because I've followed him for a long time. Win-win with either though. Now if Ashley Force was in the mix I'd be 50-26-24 for the 3 of them. (It's probably safe to say she won't).

When I saw Jack earlier this month at the Larry Dixon memorial he was saying that (like many union jobs) he needs to put hours in to get certified on certain task and to get a bump in pay. I would take that amount of time off, he would have to be compensated pretty well. then Then there's the employer who would question his dedication too.

Not saying it's impossible, but not likely. Shoot, he's probably make more money now than what he ever did driving a race car.
I talked to Jack in Chicago and he really misses being out there. I don’t think any of the rumored drivers would turn down the chance to drive John Force’s FC. I’m sure there is enough compensation to make the job appealing. If they don’t pay anything I don’t think they will get any of the rumored drivers.

I talked to Jack in Chicago and he really misses being out there. I don’t think any of the rumored drivers would turn down the chance to drive John Force’s FC. I’m sure there is enough compensation to make the job appealing. If they don’t pay anything I don’t think they will get any of the rumored drivers.
Thankfully this thread is going to end tomorrow?

I really miss the adventures of traveling the world searching for surf spots, but that doesn't mean I want go back and do it again. There's a lot of down sides to be gone all the time. Not saying he won't do it and if he does, that would be great. Just think it's not a high probability.

Who ever it is, i would think they would want to be considered beyond the rest of this season. But, will wait to see what comes about.

Broadcast said we should know as soon as 48 hours from now and that it's likely a former champ. Fast Jack? or Hight is healthy to return?

The hint at a previous champion instantly has me thinking beckman. I don't think tj ever won a championship...although tj was my bet this entire time....they have been pushing the whole gambling odds but where's the betting odds on John's replacement

Broadcast said we should know as soon as 48 hours from now and that it's likely a former champ. Fast Jack? or Hight is healthy to return?

It just doesn't seem like there have been any indications from their camp that it will be Hight returning to the driver's seat. So it sounds like it may be Beckman. I think that will be fun if it is Fast Jack.

Many years ago I was a member of the Los Angeles Local 18 Elevator Constructors Union where Jack Beckman is a member now. Today's mechanic (journeyman) rate per hour is currently $66.63, not including zone pay and overtime. Total compensation including benefits works out to $107.76 per hour paid to Beckman per their web site.

Unless he works out a leave of absence from the union that would be tough to walk away from.

Looking like Hight coming back or Beckman. based on comments this weekend, those are the only two that make sense now.

have thought all along jack will get the nod. regardless of selection, jack is a superb human being, ambassador of all things positive in life,
a cancer survivor, a drag racing historian, and most importantly a great nitro funny car driver. IMO if this opportunity calls, he will not hesitate to seize the moment.

Ok, my turn and I have not posted anything about the crash (it tuged at my heartstring) or a new driver.
A little bird whispered in my ear at the Northwest Nats. This little bird has been right and wrong over
the years (mostly right) the little bird ask me who I thought would be in the seat, the bird smiled and
flew away.

Jordan Vandergriff. He is young, good looking, well spoken and has already been in the seat of John's
flopper. No disrespect to TJ (would love to see TJ in the seat) or Beckman or anyone else, but Force is
building for the future.

I think everyone here has offered good reasons for all the replacement suggestions. One of my favorite drivers, Phil Burkhart Jr, would be my choice and I've always wondered why he hasn't been offered something before now. Proven winner, great guy to talk with, represents sponsors well. Of course, I guess lots of drivers can do that also.

Ok, my turn and I have not posted anything about the crash (it tuged at my heartstring) or a new driver.
A little bird whispered in my ear at the Northwest Nats. This little bird has been right and wrong over
the years (mostly right) the little bird ask me who I thought would be in the seat, the bird smiled and
flew away.

Jordan Vandergriff. He is young, good looking, well spoken and has already been in the seat of John's
flopper. No disrespect to TJ (would love to see TJ in the seat) or Beckman or anyone else, but Force is
building for the future.
They already narrowed it down on the broadcast yesterday. Announcement will be made this week and they said it will be a previous champion. Not saying you're wrong for 2025 and beyond, but not this year. Its either Beckman or Hight.

Well a popular choice in Facebookland is multi-time Heritage Series N/FC Champion Bobby Cottrell. Though a darkhorse, it makes some sense as he an Bucky Austin have parted ways as announced on Friday. Shane Westerfeld is taking over that ride.

Well a popular choice in Facebookland is multi-time Heritage Series N/FC Champion Bobby Cottrell. Though a darkhorse, it makes some sense as he an Bucky Austin have parted ways as announced on Friday. Shane Westerfeld is taking over that ride.

He is one of those guys who is completely covered with tattoos, up to and including his neck. Yes, I am old school and have no idea what the tattoo crowd is thinking. But, at any rate - will that look go over with sponsors today? Since "everyone is doing it", maybe it would. But it seems like most sponsors still prefer an old fashioned clean-cut look.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back