Jack Beckman (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Alan would know; I'll venture an opinion since I don't know for certain and that opinion is yes, it's the only call. If both the primary and fill-in driver cannot compete for whatever reason, the operation cannot use a second fill-in unless they simply want a butt in the seat and the car out on the track. Points would only be awarded to that driver, not Force. I don't see that happening.

My guess and hope is that Beckman will be fine for the next race and back in the car. And with a 147 point lead and 2 races left, Austin Prock has pretty much locked up the Championship anyway barring something really crazy.
I’m sure Alan would know, I see the logic of not allowing switching drivers just to put some one else in for points, was just asking if both drivers are out for medical, I hope jack runs the rest of the season, he’s a great driver, class act and great for the sport 👍🙏

This is my understanding. And I could be wrong. They can put anyone in the car to have the car on track. And there would be value there for sponsors, to be seen in venue and on TV.

But only Jack can earn points for Force.

Alan
Thanks for info alan👍

This is my understanding. And I could be wrong. They can put anyone in the car to have the car on track. And there would be value there for sponsors, to be seen in venue and on TV.

But only Jack can earn points for Force.

Alan

Hey Alan. It was my understanding that the policy was putting in place because of Covid, and that the substitute driver would continue to earn points for the affected driver.

Hey Alan. It was my understanding that the policy was putting in place because of Covid, and that the substitute driver would continue to earn points for the affected driver.
I think the question being asked is can a replacement for the replacement (Jack) continue to earn points for Force, and apparently not.

My guess and hope is that Beckman will be fine for the next race and back in the car. And with a 147 point lead and 2 races left, Austin Prock has pretty much locked up the Championship anyway barring something really crazy.

Do you mean like the throttle cable falling off ??

I hope Jack is feeling much better. Jack Is still in this. 147 in the pre-qualifying session points era would be a pretty done deal. NOW to have 24 qualifying bonus points on the table PLUS points and a half. It isn't near over by any means. I was thinking it was and then i remembered all this "jazz" because I was thinking 147 usually takes 1st place to go out 1st round twice and you win twice with qualifying points having no factor as long as they qualify better than 13th once. National records would not apply of course. 1995 on where the overwhelming majority of events had only 118 points on the table where conditions never allowed the 138 for a record. To be fair a 3.90 would have been a damn hard race to win, but then again Prock has been a terminator all year. I think at this point if he DOESN'T win the title, the countdown will have committed its biggest wrong since Johnny Gray.

Last edited:
Looks like Prock is gonna win this thing. So, I guess next year, assuming John isn't going to drive, it will be Prock and Robert. Or maybe Robert will step back. Could be some changes coming.....
I hope they leave prock right where he is,wonder of brit will be back next year,prob wants to start a family soon?

I hope they leave prock right where he is,wonder of brit will be back next year,prob wants to start a family soon?

I think Prock will go to John's car. Robert will come back to his car. Brit retires, never to be heard from again (just like Ashley and Courtney). They park the dragster. So does that mean Grubby would be on the market? I think he would be a real good pick-up for another Top Fuel team - maybe Tony Stewart?

So since the backup to the backup can't earn points for the original could they earn points for the back instead :)

I feel like I just went who's on first there
“…..and I don’t give a darn!”
“Ohhhh that’s our crew chief!”

Vertigo? Thank God , I thought Jack had vitiligo…

“How’s his qualifying been?”
“Spotty at best…..”

So since the backup to the backup can't earn points for the original could they earn points for the back instead :)

I feel like I just went who's on first there
all I know is I don't know is third.

"This is my understanding. And I could be wrong. They can put anyone in the car to have the car on track. And there would be value there for sponsors, to be seen in venue and on TV.

But only Jack can earn points for Force".

Alan

Last edited:
I think Prock will go to John's car. Robert will come back to his car. Brit retires, never to be heard from again (just like Ashley and Courtney). They park the dragster. So does that mean Grubby would be on the market? I think he would be a real good pick-up for another Top Fuel team - maybe Tony Stewart?
John stated publicly earlier this year that when he retires "this kid" (Austin) will replace me.

Are you that confident in Robert coming back? Unless I've missed it, he hasn't been seen at an event all year, even when Autumn is running. Would love to see him back, he's a helluva driver.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back