Jack Beckman (2 Viewers)

I have been thinking the same thing with regards to the track prep. Especially since Tasca's 340+ in Bradenton.................
and that 300+ 660' blast by salinas last year has rarely been challenged, although on occasion it's come close.
again, getting 60' e.t.'s in low .80's and early m.p.h.

I"d bet money the track prep has been adjusted to some extent. No proof, just a hunch. This year I've noticed that anytime the ambient temperature approaches 80 degrees and the track temp hits 120 or more, everyone either has to back the tune way down or face blowing the tires off. Didn't used to be that way. If we have to wait for 70 degrees ambient, cloudy skies and 100-degree tracks in order to see a slew of 3.60 passes it's gonna be a long wait.

Tasca had to back off over a tenth and 10 mph from his ideal-conditions tune just to get down the track in Charlotte last Sunday and if I recall only one run in the 60s was recorded the whole weekend, Brittany, Friday night. 3.69

Gotta admit, though....some of the pedalfests at Charlotte were quite entertaining. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back