JOHN FORCE REPLACEMENT DRIVER IN THE WORKS! (1 Viewer)

As well as John’s car has run this year, can’t see it being championship winner even with the countdown reset. Even within his own team, hard to imagine the Procks won’t be well ahead. I think it’s all about the sponsors and pushing things out until John’s future is known.

The car is in contention to be a championship winner.
I wonder though how well fresh tube will do. UNLESS they've found a way to get some laps and data on it without anyone knowing/leaking that fact. That would be the most gangster John move ever.

I wonder though how well fresh tube will do. UNLESS they've found a way to get some laps and data on it without anyone knowing/leaking that fact. That would be the most gangster John move ever.
sure couldn't get away with that at Indy. Their spare car may be one they ran in the past.

I’m going to rule out any fresh faces replacing John. This car is a serious contender for the championship so I don’t think they would bring in a rookie unless the sponsor really wanted them. Hight would be the obvious choice if he can do it. Beckman and TJ Jr would be logical because of their experience in the class and both have been good with sponsors. I can’t rule out Phil Burkart Jr since he was his replacement last time. Maybe a real dark horse would be Gary Densham. Another previous Force driver and he is running for the first time in a while in Seattle this weekend. Could keep it in the family with a return of Ashley or Courtney. I think one of those two would make the biggest headlines. I would think Ashley would make more sense and I’m sure her kids would love to see her drive. However I’m not sure she wants to get back behind the wheel and there would definitely be some rust to knock off. It would be fun to see one of his girls trying to win the championship for him. I think anybody else would be a huge surprise. Shane Westerfield, Sean Bellemeur, Kris Krabil or Jordan Vandergriff would all be fun replacements but none of them have much if any opportunities to drive a big show nitro funny car.
TJ Jr makes the most sense. He lives in Indy and is the most recent with seat time in a AA/FC and has some laps in shaking down a fellow maters A/FC. With that in mind, Jeff Arend would also make sense, has got plenty of recent seat time in a N/FC and is a proven winning driver. I don't think Beckman will want to take a pay cut from his elevator gig to come back out, but I could be wrong. TJ make the most sense form a logistical stand point and Arend would be my second call.

You're not the first to say this. It has been brought up by several people in related threads over the past few weeks. Can't see this as a viable option. He has been out of the seat for quite some time. I'm sure he is not even licensed.

I can't see Ashley or Brittany getting back in the seat either. We have read that they have signed Vandergriff to a development contract early this year as I recall. But going with a Beckman or a Johnson for the 8 races, then Vandergriff starting next year make sense to me. Or, Hight gets his seat back next year, and Prock moves over to Force's car in '25 also makes sense. Then Vandergriff moves over to Brittany's car in '25.
Mentioning Dean Skuza goes back many years on this site. I don’t quite remember the origins but whenever there is an opportunity to bring up his name, it is. I’m sure some other long time members have a better memory than me.

I just found a great article Bobby Bennett wrote about Skuza in 2020.
The man might not ever go to a race. But, he was a character. The fact we’re still talking about him after 20+ years shows just how popular he was and still is.
I hope he and his family are doing well.

I know it won't come true, but my dream would be Ashley Force. She was the only Funny Car driver in the last 17 years that I had an emotional reaction to, and my favorite Force daughter in interviews after a run.

Has anyone given Hight consideration...hopefully he is past his medical issue

I sure miss Bazemore and his non PC interviews. Shame that Beckman weasel stole his ride at Schumacher.
racing is a business. you are either an asset or a liability. when an asset becomes a liability it is usually removed. I think Baze brought out a lot of passion for the sport but was not the representative the sponsors or the organization desired.

Has anyone given Hight consideration...hopefully he is past his medical issue

"Anyone" would include him since he's senior leadership at JFR. Considering that, if he was a viable option, i imagine they would've done it by now. But who knows. I wont say it can't be him lol. I posted about another possible, but its gone now, so we'll just have to see.

I will be interested to see who they choose... Although the "Girls" are a favorite choice they have been out of a car for a while and if the season was young would carry some merit but with the car being in Championship contention they need a driver that can hit the ground running... Vandergriff, TJ and maybe even Phil Burkhart... are my thoughts in no overparticular order of preference. Although Id also look into cloning Austin Prock. Just my .02

"Anyone" would include him since he's senior leadership at JFR. Considering that, if he was a viable option, i imagine they would've done it by now. But who knows. I wont say it can't be him lol. I posted about another possible, but its gone now, so we'll just have to see.

The way the replacement driver rule works, the only viable option to return is Brainerd if they want to contend for a championship. Certainly wouldn't jeopardize that by coming back earlier.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back