JFR replacement driver (1 Viewer)

The move that makes the most sense is to return Hight to the car Prock is driving, if he's able and willing - and put Prock in a new ride, the one John would be in had he not been hurt. But if that doesn't happen, I still say Jack Beckman would make the most sense. No need for training, no need to spend time building name recognition, just renew his credentials, put him in a new car for one weekend of testing and hand him the keys. Voila, an instant, proven competitor.

Some of the replacement names mentioned lately aren't even realistic... In my opinion anyway. Certainly not to fill the seat of the greatest drag racer of all time....

But just to continue with the fun of throwing random names into the hat.

What about:
Cory Lee
John Hale
Jim Epler
Tony Bartone
Frank Pedregon, Jr.
Melanie Troxel
Mike Dunn
Hell, maybe even Mike Ashley would be willing to knock the rust off. He's usually at the track these days, isn't he?

lol

Some of the replacement names mentioned lately aren't even realistic... In my opinion anyway. Certainly not to fill the seat of the greatest drag racer of all time....

But just to continue with the fun of throwing random names into the hat.

What about:
Cory Lee
John Hale
Jim Epler
Tony Bartone
Frank Pedregon, Jr.
Melanie Troxel
Mike Dunn
Hell, maybe even Mike Ashley would be willing to knock the rust off. He's usually at the track these days, isn't he?

lol

Cory Lee would actually be a viable candidate, as he has been in the seat a number of times this year. And, he has a relationship with Force from way back.

If Robert can’t do it, I think there are two qualifications: personality the sponsors would be happy with and a record of decent reaction times. No sense putting someone in who can cut .095 RTs all day. They need to go rounds for the exposure.

Isn't Tommy Johnson Jr. the logical choice?

He can probably ride his bicycle to the JFR shop in Brownsburg.

I don't think he was even mentioned in this thread, have I missed something?

He has been mentioned many, many times in all the threads about this topic.
Jon,

Well I would hope so, but I don't think it was mentioned in this thread, new to the board and I have not seen the other posts.

He was mentioned in the link to NHRA.

Bill

Thankfully this thread is going to end tomorrow?

Not sure why some have claimed there was going to be an announcement yesterday at Sonoma. I don't recall reading from the Force camp that this was going to be the case. Or, did they make the driver replacement announcement, and it hasn't been reported? (Very unlikely). So, we now have 2 to 3 weeks before Brainerd. Looks like we will have to work through a few more weeks of speculation on Nitromater before we know for sure.

Not sure why some have claimed there was going to be an announcement yesterday at Sonoma. I don't recall reading from the Force camp that this was going to be the case. Or, did they make the driver replacement announcement, and it hasn't been reported? (Very unlikely). So, we now have 2 to 3 weeks before Brainerd. Looks like we will have to work through a few more weeks of speculation on Nitromater before we know for sure.
The driver will be racing at the Norwalk special event next weekend.

We hope to tie up all the loose ends and introduce a driver sometime right after Sonoma (NHRA Sonoma Nationals, July 26-28),” Hight said. “There’s a good pool of driving talent out there, but obviously, we need to find the right fit for both the team and our sponsors.”

5th paragraph from the top:

Jon,

Well I would hope so, but I don't think it was mentioned in this thread, new to the board and I have not seen the other posts.

He was mentioned in the link to NHRA.

Bill
There are multiple threads on this site all about John's crash, his current condition, his replacement driver, etc... Below are links to specific posts from the same thread where TJ has been mentioned as a possible replacement driver. I'm sure I could find more but I got tired of looking. lolol.

I misread Robert Hight's statement. "We hope to tie up all the loose ends and introduce a driver sometime right after Sonoma [NHRA Sonoma Nationals, July 26-28"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back