Doug Kalitta in a FC? (1 Viewer)

farmje

Nitro Member
Did anyone catch Ron Capps' comments on the NHRA.com article that was posted today?

...""All I can do is think about next year. Our team will be ready. I'm excited to see Kenny Bernstein come back. I hope Doug Kalitta switches over. I know he wants to. I can't wait for the Countdown to the Championship because it's gonna be intense. I can't change what's happened, but I can tell you this Brut team will be back looking for the title once again. We're not gonna quit until we get it done..."

Doug Kalitta? In Funny Car?????? :eek:

The article can be found: HERE

Ha! I just read that about two seconds ago. Maybe he'll be in that rumored third Toyota someone mentioned in another thread. That would be super cool!

Isn't that rumored 3rd Toyota going to be tuned by a world class T/F tuner to boot? That would be awesome if he escaped!

Isn't that rumored 3rd Toyota going to be tuned by a world class T/F tuner to boot? That would be awesome if he escaped!

Not according to Bob Frey on DRC Doc.

Quote:

"Speaking of Alan Johnson, anyone who thinks that he is leaving the team next year to go to the Kalitta camp needs to read some more stories on the internet, like the ones about the earth being flat, because they are probably closer to the truth."

Late....................Mitch

Last edited:
Doug drove Scott's funny car at Norwalk for Night Under Fire. Did pretty well too.

yes he did.....and i watched Doug test scott's funny car they day after the route 66 event too....he seemed to be able to handle it ok, although he didnt make a full track run

i hope doug goes to f/c he will have a better chance than in BORING top fuel , where the golden boy and team big bucks will just keep on winning. go team kalitta in 07!

i hope doug goes to f/c he will have a better chance than in BORING top fuel , where the golden boy and team big bucks will just keep on winning. go team kalitta in 07!

Not so sure about that. In TF he was clearly among the top 2 or 3 best cars all year long. In FC it will be hard to make top 8. However, with the new points system, any strong finisher will be in the hunt.

He better not come to FUnny Car because Scott would rip him apart. Those 2 went for each other's throats in the dragsters.

He better not come to FUnny Car because Scott would rip him apart. Those 2 went for each other's throats in the dragsters.

And this would be a bad thing HOW? Intrateam going for the throat, hell yeah! :D Need a little more of that, both classes... I will say last Sunday, John and Robert went at it for real...

Scott will rip Doug apart if they both run FC...how`s that? Scott didn`t get the better of Doug when they both ran in TF recently, and I`ll take Tobler over whoever`s tuning Scotts car...unless that person winds up being AJ.

Doug has mentioned in the past that he would like to try Funny car at somne point. he has run it and done well on the IHRA side. I'd be shocked if he moved right now though

Doug has mentioned in the past that he would like to try Funny car at somne point. he has run it and done well on the IHRA side. I'd be shocked if he moved right now though

I agree PJ. They were so close this year, but maybe everyone was lucky AJ was off at the beginning of '06, or it may have been a runaway type season.

If i was Doug I would not want to leave TF until I had another shot at the championship. If i came that close i would want to get my revenge. Funny car can come after that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back