JOHN FORCE REPLACEMENT DRIVER IN THE WORKS! (1 Viewer)

There is no way in hell, I'd put a mother of a child under 5yrs. in anything much faster than a stock C8 Vette.
A child up too age 5 needs mom around yeah, I know anything can happen and I've seen it happen, but why push your luck.
I believe in the law of averages.
That's my grandpa thinking.

I wonder though how well fresh tube will do. UNLESS they've found a way to get some laps and data on it without anyone knowing/leaking that fact. That would be the most gangster John move ever.
I'm sure they have plenty of pipe with plenty of data already.

I certainly want the car back out there and haved like the Beckman and Arend comments. Something mentioning Haddock was an interesting take. Give a little guy a short term shot, that would be pretty cool. I'm guessing Hight is ok enough to come back though or they stay in house.

I'm not a fan of points following the driver though. For one race, ok, but IF the replacement was to win it all, Force would be the champion while racing 9 races, his replacement 8 (including the playoffs) and sitting out two. Doesn't seem right to me.

I certainly want the car back out there and haved like the Beckman and Arend comments. Something mentioning Haddock was an interesting take. Give a little guy a short term shot, that would be pretty cool. I'm guessing Hight is ok enough to come back though or they stay in house.

I'm not a fan of points following the driver though. For one race, ok, but IF the replacement was to win it all, Force would be the champion while racing 9 races, his replacement 8 (including the playoffs) and sitting out two. Doesn't seem right to me.
If the replacement earns the points to win over 8 events, does he deserve the crown over the guy who accrued points over more events?? Or they both lose the crown to a lesser performing individual that ran all the events?

If the replacement earns the points to win over 8 events, does he deserve the crown over the guy who accrued points over more events?? Or they both lose the crown to a lesser performing individual that ran all the events?
Neither do as they didn't earn the points over the season. Or name the crew chief as the real champ

I don't think that Haddock would work since he already has points. They would follow him. I would assume it would need to be someone who hasn't accrued points yet. I could be wrong though.

I’m going to rule out any fresh faces replacing John. This car is a serious contender for the championship so I don’t think they would bring in a rookie unless the sponsor really wanted them. Hight would be the obvious choice if he can do it. Beckman and TJ Jr would be logical because of their experience in the class and both have been good with sponsors. I can’t rule out Phil Burkart Jr since he was his replacement last time. Maybe a real dark horse would be Gary Densham. Another previous Force driver and he is running for the first time in a while in Seattle this weekend. Could keep it in the family with a return of Ashley or Courtney. I think one of those two would make the biggest headlines. I would think Ashley would make more sense and I’m sure her kids would love to see her drive. However I’m not sure she wants to get back behind the wheel and there would definitely be some rust to knock off. It would be fun to see one of his girls trying to win the championship for him. I think anybody else would be a huge surprise. Shane Westerfield, Sean Bellemeur, Kris Krabil or Jordan Vandergriff would all be fun replacements but none of them have much if any opportunities to drive a big show nitro funny car.
What about Fast Jack!

There is no way in hell, I'd put a mother of a child under 5yrs. in anything much faster than a stock C8 Vette.
A child up too age 5 needs mom around yeah, I know anything can happen and I've seen it happen, but why push your luck.
I believe in the law of averages.
That's my grandpa thinking.
What about a stock ZR1? 😀

Neither do as they didn't earn the points over the season. Or name the crew chief as the real champ
We all know the crew chief is the real champ lol. Speaking of, I wonder how Hood and Fabrissi are doing. I hope they are not/did not beat themselves up over the tuning call. Or no one gave them grief about the tuning call.

What about a stock ZR1? 😀

Tony, She would have to find one to buy. And hopefully it has two of the same seats in it. LoL

Since the team will still be in the running for a championship I would imagine the candidate list is very small. (All just guessing from looking from the outside) but I would imagine it is someone who has driven within the last few years and is a championship caliber driver and not somebody (like Jordan Vandergriff) who has never competed in Funny Car or somebody has been out of the seat longer than a couple of years.

My two main guesses are either Robert Hight (assuming his health has improved enough to race again) or Tommy Johnson Jr. who filled in for Hagan in '22 and won a race, plus has been staying sharp with the A/Fuel Funny Car.

Fringe guesses
Jeff Arend although it has been so long since he has been in a top level ride I dont think he would be a fit.
Jack Beckman, reason I think he is a fringe guess is because it has been nearly four years since he has made a lap, and with how busy he has said his elevator job is, I dont think he can take the three months away to chase the championship.
Tim Wilkerson, the only other recent full-time competitor I can think of on the sidelines but in all honesty, age would be a factor, plus would he return to compete against his own team?

holy cow zed. never thought about wilk. what a fan favorite that would be ...... agree though, no compete clause stuff? interesting suggestion

I would love to see Jeff Arend get the seat....
Fast Jack taught his daughters how to drive, so I think he gets the nod over TJ.....
In the end though, pretty sure that Vandergriff is their new guy. He's young and help can carry JFR far in to the future.

On the NHRA insider podcast this week, the names Brian Lohnes mentioned were Phil Burkart, Jeff Arend, Beckman and TJ JR. My money is on Jack Beckman. Just call it a hunch.
I never thought about Jeff, but that would be a great choice also. He is an excellent driver and a good guy.

When I saw Jack earlier this month at the Larry Dixon memorial he was saying that (like many union jobs) he needs to put hours in to get certified on certain task and to get a bump in pay. I would take that amount of time off, he would have to be compensated pretty well. then Then there's the employer who would question his dedication too.

Not saying it's impossible, but not likely. Shoot, he's probably make more money now than what he ever did driving a race car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back