JOHN FORCE REPLACEMENT DRIVER IN THE WORKS! (1 Viewer)

I’m going to rule out any fresh faces replacing John. This car is a serious contender for the championship so I don’t think they would bring in a rookie unless the sponsor really wanted them. Hight would be the obvious choice if he can do it. Beckman and TJ Jr would be logical because of their experience in the class and both have been good with sponsors. I can’t rule out Phil Burkart Jr since he was his replacement last time. Maybe a real dark horse would be Gary Densham. Another previous Force driver and he is running for the first time in a while in Seattle this weekend. Could keep it in the family with a return of Ashley or Courtney. I think one of those two would make the biggest headlines. I would think Ashley would make more sense and I’m sure her kids would love to see her drive. However I’m not sure she wants to get back behind the wheel and there would definitely be some rust to knock off. It would be fun to see one of his girls trying to win the championship for him. I think anybody else would be a huge surprise. Shane Westerfield, Sean Bellemeur, Kris Krabil or Jordan Vandergriff would all be fun replacements but none of them have much if any opportunities to drive a big show nitro funny car.

Girls arent gonna drive,itl be vandergriff!

Girls arent gonna drive,itl be vandergrif .........He has no FC experience other than 1 run in the car. They need a trusted FC driver. TJ or Fast Jack should be the favorites.

Is it better to say the points stay with the competition number, and the competition number can stay with the car due to the new replacement driver rules? Just trying to make sure I have it straight in my head ot not. I’ve never really understood that.

So, if the points stay with the car, does the car get up on stage at the awards ceremony? I'd like to see that. :p

Is it better to say the points stay with the competition number, and the competition number can stay with the car due to the new replacement driver rules? Just trying to make sure I have it straight in my head ot not. I’ve never really understood that.
NHRA policy is a replacement driver can be used if the current driver is sick or hurt for up to 8 races with the original driver getting all points earned. That is why the are waiting to replace John until the final 8 races.

I’m going to rule out any fresh faces replacing John. This car is a serious contender for the championship so I don’t think they would bring in a rookie unless the sponsor really wanted them. Hight would be the obvious choice if he can do it. Beckman and TJ Jr would be logical because of their experience in the class and both have been good with sponsors. I can’t rule out Phil Burkart Jr since he was his replacement last time. Maybe a real dark horse would be Gary Densham. Another previous Force driver and he is running for the first time in a while in Seattle this weekend. Could keep it in the family with a return of Ashley or Courtney. I think one of those two would make the biggest headlines. I would think Ashley would make more sense and I’m sure her kids would love to see her drive. However I’m not sure she wants to get back behind the wheel and there would definitely be some rust to knock off. It would be fun to see one of his girls trying to win the championship for him. I think anybody else would be a huge surprise. Shane Westerfield, Sean Bellemeur, Kris Krabil or Jordan Vandergriff would all be fun replacements but none of them have much if any opportunities to drive a big show nitro funny car.

That's a good analysis, Chris. It will be fun to see who they select.

OK ill be the first to say it.....Wheres Dean Skuza and whats he up to I'm sure he would love to drive again

You're not the first to say this. It has been brought up by several people in related threads over the past few weeks. Can't see this as a viable option. He has been out of the seat for quite some time. I'm sure he is not even licensed.

I can't see Ashley or Brittany getting back in the seat either. We have read that they have signed Vandergriff to a development contract early this year as I recall. But going with a Beckman or a Johnson for the 8 races, then Vandergriff starting next year make sense to me. Or, Hight gets his seat back next year, and Prock moves over to Force's car in '25 also makes sense. Then Vandergriff moves over to Brittany's car in '25.

The car is in contention to be a championship winner. It's already won races this year and was #2 in points at the time of John's crash.

As I understand it, John with a sub driver is still eligible to win the championship.

Do you realize John could be 17X after this is all said and done? Imagine IF (Just IF) he never comes back to drive, he wins the championship in his retirement year? (Holy sh!t what a story!!)

Do you think JFR would jeopardize that?

I certainly don't. It's going to be somebody than can hop in the car, and be ready to run in the 3.80's. Get in the car in Norwalk NUF, knock the rust off, then be ready to rock in Brainerd full steam ahead. It's also somebody that has driven under pressure, and has experience rolling into Pomona with a shot to win the title. The stars would have to align and all that stuff, but even if there is a chance they have to embrace it.

This is not a pull someone out of the air and stick them in situation. Some of the names I've seen people suggest across the interwebs and social media are pretty laughable to me. The balance of 24 needs to be someone ready to go, and that list is very short. 2025 is a totally different subject, but for the balance of this year they need to have recent credentials. All strictly my opinion.
---------------

Now, all that being said, they'll probably make me look like a fool and pull Kenji Okazaki out of retirement, or put Elmer Fudd in the seat. 😁 But, I doubt it.

The car is in contention to be a championship winner. It's already won races this year and was #2 in points at the time of John's crash.

As I understand it, John with a sub driver is still eligible to win the championship.

Do you realize John could be 17X after this is all said and done? Imagine IF (Just IF) he never comes back to drive, he wins the championship in his retirement year? (Holy sh!t what a story!!)

Do you think JFR would jeopardize that?

I certainly don't. It's going to be somebody than can hop in the car, and be ready to run in the 3.80's. Get in the car in Norwalk NUF, knock the rust off, then be ready to rock in Brainerd full steam ahead. It's also somebody that has driven under pressure, and has experience rolling into Pomona with a shot to win the title. The stars would have to align and all that stuff, but even if there is a chance they have to embrace it.

This is not a pull someone out of the air and stick them in situation. Some of the names I've seen people suggest across the interwebs and social media are pretty laughable to me. The balance of 24 needs to be someone ready to go, and that list is very short. 2025 is a totally different subject, but for the balance of this year they need to have recent credentials. All strictly my opinion.
---------------

Now, all that being said, they'll probably make me look like a fool and pull Kenji Okazaki out of retirement, or put Elmer Fudd in the seat. 😁 But, I doubt it.
Elmer is still looking for his skwoo dwivuh

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back