Is Ray Alley still the crew chief? (1 Viewer)

Hmmm...I don't relate Jimmy's success with the rail to parlay into success with the flopper..not in the beginning anyway.

Lee B. didn't have any consistency..but look at him calling the shots for a T/F.

Alan J. didn't have any consistency with Scelzi and the flopper..and we all know what he's done since.

What has just played out just kind of makes me want it to fail..and I hope JR has continued success.

Let me say, I'm not holding this against Jimmy W. I'm sure it more $$$$ for him, and yeah, In the long run, it's good that Jimmy gets this chance.

Having said that, This is it for KB and ANYONE that sponsors him... I'll still root for his kid, Tim, and KIm.... and I thought it was neat the Monster would sponsor a bunch of old men trying to be kids again... but, you loose 2/3's of the old guys, and now you have 'kids' trying to make the Old Man look good.

From Martin on the pick the winner thread (Yeah, I know, that belongs in another thread, but I'm trying to conserve/condense my posts so I dont piss off Kelly. Or Karl.. ) Don't worry Martin, The post count is all Ray's Fault...

Last edited:
When I heard Jimmy was selected it made sense with the Tim Richards connection. I only hope this will not impact Brandon's car and I hope Kenny can get a car that will go down the track. I wonder what kind of contract Tuttle had with Walsh?

This whole thing sucks, I`m going to be rooting against King Kenny even more than I do now. Can`t blame Walsh though, $$$ talks and loyalty walks. He better make that car an instant contender, because Kenny won`t tolerate struggling much longer. I think they`re still going to have a hard time getting that car qualified...at least for awhile.

Last edited:
All the years J.Walsh worked for Joe Amato I felt he offerd more to the team than most gave him credit for. I was so happy when he got J.R.Todd running the big numbers and turning on the win lights. Folks, I'm here to tell ya I'm not happy with this last turn of events, Jimmy I still love ya bro but you broke my heart on this deal!!!!

In my eyes it shows what kind of person Jimmy is. If he jumped ship at the end of last season I would say OK . But a man to leave a team two races into the season, with the start they have had shows a lack of honor and respect.
In other words he whored himself out to the highest $$$$ and screwed his former team.
What goes around comes around. And for Mr. KB Instant Karma is going to get you.

i dont really blame walsh, bernstein probably laid some serious cash in his lap and most of us would most likely take the cash also. i'm really disappointed in bernstein, i feel like kenny has had his day in the sun and now he buys his way back into competition at JR's expense. wonder how would he like it if someone hired tim richards away. brandon would never win another race

jf

Now I'm waiting for the Bernstein Press Release... Just from replys here in the past hour, he has got alot of damage control to do.... And like I said before, Jimmy had better hope that that swine of a car grows some wings

With such global integrity and loyalty in place for Monster Energy Drink's F/C I wonder how long Jimmy will last if they continue to DNQ?

I wish them all the luck that Ray had.
Dexter and J.R. deserve better integrity on board than this.
It appears you can buy anything, huh Kenny?
It would be interesting to know if Jimmy is also disposable in the event?

Doc - at this point, it looks like everyone is "disposable"! There is a lot of resentment that goes back a long way with KB. I hope Jimmy got a bunch of money up front to make this worth leaving a team that would certainly have been in the "Chase". We can only hope that JR, Dexter and Evan can find a tuner who can keep them on top.
I'm not sure who they can hire - after what i learned last weekend, it's obvious why there are only a few people that can successfully tune a fuel car.

Can anyone else recall a driver STEALING another driver's Crew Chief during the season?
Look, I am trying to gather my thoughts here on this whole situation... Alot of you know I will have an opinion...
I am only picking out this quote for now to respond to, and your post above this Mike has me trying to refrain from letting my emotion get the better of me right now... That being said... When I buy something for cash, they do not call it stealing... I understand your emotion on this issue as well, so please don't take this post wrong... Example purposes only... my drink is pretty stiff right now, so I better just leave this alone... Karl and Martin, I take full resposibility for both your comments concerning me...;) ;)
SOLD OUT!!

It's not stealing. It's recruiting and hiring. It's how business is done. Finally, it's about getting the results your sponsors demand.

Mike - you are dead wrong! This is still a sport, and the successful teams are there because of team spirit and loyalty. KB and AB stole Jimmy from the Skull team - I will be very surprised if you see any team chemistry on the "Monster" car. JMHO

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back