Is Ray Alley still the crew chief? (1 Viewer)

How about this. I am at the airport in Phoenix, and walked over to the Indy gate to see who might be there. Needless to say, the were no less than 10 crew chiefs. I talked to a few. Ray is no longer with Kenny from what I was told. I quickly talked to Todd and I said, you are all the talk this morning... He said, that's what I hear... I didn't ask THE question because I thought it would be rude, it just isn't my style, and he probably wouldn't tell me anyway... I did say that I hope he stays with Jack. Time will tell, my guess is that we will know today or tomorrow... I think it may be true, but who am I, just a nobody as the Doc said...

And you heard it here first! Welcome to the mater Steve! This could be quite a shakeup. Any ideas what would happen to Beckman's team if Todd O leaves?

What is your source? :cool:
Just using this comment as a quote Bob...:)

How many times last year, did we see a newbie come on here and give us the scoop on goings on, that everyone said they only have one or two posts, so how could they know... Only later almost always to end up being the absolute truth... We switched to using our real names, and now this may be the first time since that switch, that we have someone who may be held accountable...

What is your source?

There are more then a few reporters in jail right now, for not giving up a source, so I understand the asking that part of the question... But I don't think it is mandated that we have a source... I also don't think every yahoo is going to get on here and start rumors like we have had in the past... Time will tell...

As far as nice guys... Those days seem to have passed us a long time ago... This is a cut throat BUSINESS now, and nothing would surprise me anymore... The days of handshakes and contracts are broken as easily as some peoples ego's on here... JMO on this whole thread...
Hey, it gives us something to talk about... And like I said, time will tell...:rolleyes:

Is there an echo in here?

The winds of change could be in motion! :rolleyes:
But the agent has got it wrong in the past, but with some of the other long time maters quote's, who knows! :eek:

This could be another blow to the Schumacher camp and Beckmans performance...

I will file it in my wait and see file but thanks for the heads up Steve! :D

Last edited:
More from the airport... Just met Doug Foley's team... expect their nnouncement on the second driver tomorrow... I know who it is and he is experienced... They are great guys...

Very interesting to check "Users On Line" and see a few of the players in this little scenario logged in... Bet that more than one of them is laughing their butt off right now??
Could also be that they are looking to see if the cup they are drinking out of, has a leak in it...;) :D :eek:
I see the same thing all the time Martin...:)

This thread just got a sticky...:eek:
Does that mean that there may be a thread of truth to this??;)

There is a post in the "slide valve" thread that indicates who Steve Brooks is. And the last name definitely rings a bell. This could get very interesting.;)

I wonder what Ray will do now. Was the door left open at the NHRA?

I can't imagine Ray would be so short-sided as to not enter into a long-term contract before giving up his position at the NHRA.
Could someone really be that . . .

. . . well, you know?

If there was indeed a contract, Kenny's spending a great deal to make this work and if it is, in fact, Todd, permit me to suggest a long-term enforceable contract.

I wouldn't want Ray back, I like what Dan Olson is doing since he has taken over the Mono Wing is a go.
He seems more open on the inovation side which is what this sport was founded on.
Bob
That mono could be the biggest mistake to come along with every thing I have read and heard from "SOURCES"...
However I do agree with you about big Dan... Now if he goes back to 95% and pulls the plug on the rev limiters, I for one will be happy...:D However NHRA has never looked back to see where they have been (other then a museum)... They have no idea where they are even going...
Well there goes my license...:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back