Ray Alley helping PRO (1 Viewer)

I say elect Jim Head-Pres. for understanding & expertise, Bob Vandergrif-Vice Pres. for intensity and his firm stand and Larry Morgan-Sargent at Arms for his clarity and uncanny view into the obvious? That ought to do it!

Last edited:
I think the person should be someone who has a vested intrest such as a team owner not an ex-NHRA figure.
I think Jim Head would be a great choice!

I don't think any current owner should be president. Can you say 'conflict of interest'

I don't think any current owner should be president. Can you say 'conflict of interest'

Why would it be a conflict? :confused:
Pro represents the people who put on the show i.e the pro teams who would know better what the teams want or need then someone voted on by the team owners ?
I think a current team owner would be the best choice.

Why would it be a conflict? :confused:
Pro represents the people who put on the show i.e the pro teams who would know better what the teams want or need then someone voted on by the team owners ?
I think a current team owner would be the best choice.
That would be like Jerry Jones being the prez of the NFLPA.

not an ex-NHRA figure
I don't think calling an ex-NHRA figure is exactly accurate. He was a very successful crew chief early player in the sport long before he put in his time at NHRA.

Why not Bruton Smith if it must be someone who doesn't currently have a vested ownership in an active team.

That would be like Jerry Jones being the prez of the NFLPA.

I don't think calling an ex-NHRA figure is exactly accurate. He was a very successful crew chief early player in the sport long before he put in his time at NHRA.

What was his job before he worked for Kenny? :rolleyes:
How long did he last at Kenny's camp? :p
Yes he was a player back in the day I agree but he should stay retired! :cool:

What was his job before he worked for Kenny? :rolleyes:
How long did he last at Kenny's camp? :p
Yes he was a player back in the day I agree but he should stay retired! :cool:

Owner of Engine Masters Automotive in Garden Grove, California. Did many Public/ Motivational speeches in the late sixties and early seventies at junior high and high schools in Orange County. He's also the main reason my dad decided not all drag racers are hoods and it was okay for me to 'hang out' at the SoCal tracks.

Ray has a long history with the Sport, over fifty years as an owner, tuner, innovator. As far as how long was Ray at KB's 'camp', on and off, about from about the first time he put Kenny in a funny car, call it 45 years or so. Guess the real question is who was Kenny before Ray Alley gave him his first real break?

d'kid

Guess the real question is who was Kenny before Ray Alley gave him his first real break?d'kid

Surely you are NOT serious !!! Kenny paid his own way and was a very sucessful buisnessman here in TEXAS............:)
Ray may have assisted him as a tuner but did not "make" Kenny !!!

Surely you are NOT serious !!! Kenny paid his own way and was a very sucessful buisnessman here in TEXAS............:)
Ray may have assisted him as a tuner but did not "make" Kenny !!!

Kenny drove Ray Alley's funny Car well before the "Chelsea King" came out, so while he didn't make Kenny he surely had a hand in getting him started.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back