Is Ray Alley still the crew chief? (1 Viewer)

Focusing on the future, I wonder if Tuttle and JR will join the Lucas-Skull group with Melanie with guidence from Hogan. I think it makes sense, as Richard is stout and Morgan seems to possibly turning a corner. Three cars cannot be a bad thing as fa as data goes.

I was not a fan of KB before, and though I am happy Todd is staying with Jack, this sucks about as bad.

Bottom line is, though we have a lot of young crew chiefs, the level of the game has gotten so high that they are very limited... Look at what the Serta team just did.

I tried... I really did try, not to push these buttons with the thoughts that are running threw my head... Not all of us are going to see this the same way... That is called life... Some may call it the American way... We can speak our minds without worrying about a whole lot... No skin our backs, right?? There are five or six of you who I am happy to be sitting at the kiddie table drinking kool-aid with... But there are more then a few of you who have had way to much bong water today... Then again, it could just be me...;) Goodnight...:)

Just wondering......How many of you would be shocked if all of a sudden, Johnny West came over to JR Todd's team and tuned a high 4.40 in Gainesville....Hmmmm...Not trying to start a rumor here....just giving you something to think about....

First of all, Johnny West is a pretty smart futhermucker....He has just never been "given the keys" to a T/F operation before...

I'll give you a real life example...A few years ago at Indy, I brought NFL Hall Of Famer Jim Kelly to the race because we did a deal with Baca to promote Hunter's Hope, which is a charity that is run by Jim and his wife, in the honor of his late son...(RIP lil' buddy... :)

How many of you remember that moment of brilliance when Baca broke what was then, the track record with a 4.50...? That was a "real" Johnny West moment...I can remember him and Rick Hinkleman talking it over in the trailer...(BTW, Hi Rick...long time no see...hope all is well :)

Johnny West is a LOT better of a tuner than you all think...And he is NOT a buddy of mine...I just think this could be his year....<wink>

Berstein-Poacher

Never been a fan of KB and now any kind thoughts I had of him are gone. While I understand the neccessity of of a owner having to do what is needed to make his operation successful-what he did in my mind is very wrong. Granted, Jimmy Walsh could also have said no. Where is the loyalty of all parties involved.
Really feel for J.R. and Tuttle as they now seem the odd man out. This is just another example of me first - screw the other guy that seems to be rearing its ugly head in Drag Racing.
Maybe now we can all understand why one of the reasons The Snake kept most in the dark on his pending sponsor untill it was signed, seeled and delivered.
Good luck J.R.

I don't blame Jimmy. I'm sure Kenny offered him more money than he ever imagined. I just think it's a shame that a 62 year old who has done it all and should be content to be a team owner is kicking the rookie of the year in the groin. Kenny should put JR in the car. That would make all of this ok.

Maybe I am guilty of drinkin' the kool-aid at the kiddie table.

And more than likely Monster will do just fine - even if all 1,000 or so members of Nitromater decide not to purchase their product after this decision. After all, in the words of Gene Simmons, there ain't no such thing as bad publicity.

And lastly, maybe this is just business as usual in racing and in America.

But in my humble, simple, loyal, do good - get good little mind, that doesn't necessarily make it right. And maybe, just maybe, that's part of what's wrong with our great country today...

If the Skull car had been struggling..and everybody needed a change..maybe.

But to be on a contending team, with a personality like J.R. and bail..just ties my knot.

I'd be interested to see what Evan's opinion is.

I just don't get it..and Doc does a pretty good job of relaying sentiments.

I know I am one of those low post rookies but here goes. I am trying to take await and see approach to this. Waiting to see how JR and that team respond. (And I am not talling just the politically correct response that will be in their Press release) If they are okay,disappointed but okay, with the move then who am I to sqwauk. On other question I have that maybe some one could help me with. Could Walsh's History with Richards be a factor in his decision to leave an up and coming team. I mean we all have our Dream Jobs or that one "person I would really like to work for. I will try to get my post count up in a clear and intelligent mannereven tho I wonder sometimes if that really fits in here.
Ken Out.
PS sorry Chris I just had to put my two pennies in.

The only way Kenny can redeem himself on this deal would be to pull his kid out of the dragster and put JR in in his place.

Re: Berstein-Poacher

I hope Ray had a 3 month trial period so he could return to his job at NHRA oh I doubt that...2 Races is time enough to decide how good you are...sure it is from a start up team!!! What a shame better than anything I will never buy a can of MONSTER anything I dont think it is right to treat people this way....Just MHO

The Moose

What an EGO....

Never liked KB, and it will stay that way! Way to screw Dexter over Kenny! Money will always talk, shame Walsh took the bait! Hope Dexter and J.R find someone soon and continue to go rounds and win some races.

Mike

I have absoutely NO respect for KB now. He reminds me of a spoiled rich kid who's failing class, and is going to pay an honor student to do his homework for him. :mad:

Lol. I have to agree with Mike here.

Never liked him in the past, and it looks like it's going to stay that way!!!

Mike

This goes to show every one.. how solid these crew chiefs contract are... NOT

This year seams like for a good round of musical chairs in happening. not only Personal but with sponsers as well. Interesting year it will be.. plus the dumb new points deal.

The writters better get 3 tape recorders ready so they don't miss anything. let the games begin.

Wheres my Rockstar.

god you people need to grow up! a second topic about kb. come on. like him or not this is the normal in all motorsports. how about powers taking MATCO , BETTER YET HOW ABOUT THE SHOE TAKING MATCO AND MOPAR FROM SKUZA. how about beckman buying the seat out from under bazemore after baze tought him how to drive a funnycar? how about mike waltrip taking NAPA from DEI. how aboutdale jarrett taking UPS to waltrip racing? how about FORCE taking AAA from DENSHAM? DONT YOU SEE A PATTERN!? there is no loyalty in big buisness or motorsports. auto racing is such a small world so you hear and see what happend all the time. how much of this happens between major companies in the entire world that you don't hear and you don't know. if the ceo left mcdonalds and gave burgar king the recipe for the special sauce on the big macs would you cry fowl? who cars. if you don't like the program then change the channel.

I hope Ray had a 3 month trial period so he could return to his job at NHRA oh I doubt that...2 Races is time enough to decide how good you are...sure it is from a start up team!!! What a shame better than anything I will never buy a can of MONSTER anything I dont think it is right to treat people this way....Just MHO

The Moose

What an EGO....

Excellent post Kevin. There's been nothing good come from Kenny's return to driving....except the flexing of his very large ego muscle. I hope he misses the field in Gainesville...too!

If he gets lucky and makes the show, I hope Force and Shoe kick his a$$ if he somehow makes the show

It is difficult to tango if you do not have a partner.
Business is business.

I have had people work for me who would have stayed with me if a competitor offered them a lot more money.

I have had people work for me who were so honest they asked me if they should take the offer.

I have had other people work for me who would leave for ten cents a week.

I do not personally know the people involved. I do know that someone needs to take the bait if someone is going to reel them in.

I find nothing wrong with making someone an offer that can be politely refused.

Last edited:

god you people need to grow up! a second topic about kb. come on. like him or not this is the normal in all motorsports. how about powers taking MATCO , BETTER YET HOW ABOUT THE SHOE TAKING MATCO AND MOPAR FROM SKUZA. how about beckman buying the seat out from under bazemore after baze tought him how to drive a funnycar? how about mike waltrip taking NAPA from DEI. how aboutdale jarrett taking UPS to waltrip racing? how about FORCE taking AAA from DENSHAM? DONT YOU SEE A PATTERN!? there is no loyalty in big buisness or motorsports. auto racing is such a small world so you hear and see what happend all the time. how much of this happens between major companies in the entire world that you don't hear and you don't know. if the ceo left mcdonalds and gave burgar king the recipe for the special sauce on the big macs would you cry fowl? who cars. if you don't like the program then change the channel.
What do you mean grow up??? People have opinions if you dont like them dont read them!!!!!

Honestly, I'm not a fan of KB, thats just my position. This happens all the time in drag racing. Are we also angry that Jerry Tolliver took Dale Armstrong back in the day? Or that Force took Coil back in the day? Or Bernie Fedderlie? Or Jimmy Prock? Or that KB took Tim AND Kim??? C'mon man, it's a business. I'm a huge JR Todd fan, but I'm sure KB could offer Walsh more compen$$$$$ation here. No offense to JR's team and I hope all parties do well here.

I just poured out the only monster energy drink I will ever buy.

You suck KB. But business is business I guess.

You'd think he would of Poached a F/C tuner. Not someone currently
tuning a T/F?

Last edited:
I'm torn on this.

I understand the business side, KB needs to make a change to fullfill his commitment to his team and his sponsors, he did what he thought was needed. If we won the big lotto and started a fuel team we'd all be giving blank checks to Alan Johnson or Austin Coil in order to get them on our team.

If I was in Walsh's spot and someone offered me a ton more money than I was making it would be hard to say no, especially to a team that I already had connections with.

With that said I do think there is something to be said for loyalty and intergrity and making such a move during the season just seems wrong.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back