Force and T Ped going at it in the shutdown? (2 Viewers)

bingo! tony pedregon had no problem playing the team game until now! no class!

How do you know he didn't have a problem with it? It was his boss telling him what to do. When he was able, he left the team. I am not taking sides, but he could have hated doing it when it was done. He has all but said that today.
I am sad that this was the highlight of ESPN sports center, not who won any of the classes in the race.
Good job to both Tony and John. Way to introduce some people to the NHRA.

I don't believe in coincidences and I find it strange that:

A) John chose the right lane
B) John had a .209 light (Robert had a safe .143 almost like he just wanted to stay green)
C) John drove it out of towards the wall immediately

ALL HAPPENED ON THE SAME RUN

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if one of those three things happened on a run, but all three things happening on the same run it's pretty obvious what's going on. Tony P has been the voice of the fans for quite a while now, going back to the end of last year with 1000 feet and now with the diving issue. Tony could have laid down for Cruz in Brainerd, instead he decided to give the paying customer's a show and therefore his comments today were completely justified.
John said he ran his fastest time in that lane all week,Slow light well if he red-lit everyone would scream

I hate both Pedregons. Always have, always will. Who's to say the car didn't go out of the groove? Oh by the way, Cruz was still in the top 10 last week, I bet tony would have laid down today. I'm willing to bet any money that he would have. I hope both of their sponsors let them go, and that they don't come back next year. That's two people I wouldn't miss.
You know they would ..... and don't be surprised if they don't

Tony should of Punched John right in the face:mad:
I did not see anyone holding Tony back as a mater of fact I heard John say I'm not afraid of you come on.

I did not see anyone holding Tony back as a mater of fact I heard John say I'm not afraid of you come on.

Gimmee a freakin' break. Neither one of them had an interest in actually throwing down! LMAO!!! They were inches away from one another on at least a dozen of occasions in that few minutes, so if they wanted to dance, they could've.

Sean D

Why is everyone *****in'. John just showed how much of a joke the points system really is. If it wasn't for this countdown crap, none of that would have happened anyway.And not to mention, John had been listenin' to the Peds slammin' him all day and he just had enough of it. Everyone has a breakin' point!!!!!!!!!!!

Gimmee a freakin' break. Neither one of them had an interest in actually throwing down! LMAO!!! They were inches away from one another on at least a dozen of occasions in that few minutes, so if they wanted to dance, they could've.

Sean D

Bingo! Force slapped a few hands away I didn't see him "swing on" anyone. 3rd grade stuff. Glad no one got their hair pulled.

Any one hear Dicky Venables answer when Gary asked him about his leaving Tony P ? Nope ? I thought so he said nothing !
The silence was deafening .
He knew what buttons to push on John no doubt !

Sean D

Maybe he understands the law????

The only thing I disagree with in this article after watching it on TV was the only guy that seemed to want to go fist to cuffs was Force Tony seemed calm and composed through the whole deal.
There is some credibility to what he says just for the fact he worked for John so he does have some knowledge of how it works.
I think he confronted John to point out that he didn't have a problem confronting him about the issue.
It did sure beat the usual PC way things are now. I do and always will like John Force it's just another ugly incident kind of like the Lee Beard one. The one thing I did notice as riled as John was he truely watched that he didn't put his hand on Tony cause if he did I think he would have been put on his backside. I wonder what any possible sponsors think of the sport if they seen that confrontation.

P.S. If John did attempt to mix it up I will put my money on Tony P.;)

... So a couple of rich guys who drive race cars for a living got pissy with each other? Jeez, I always miss the important stuff. :(

C'mon, Bobby! For Pete's sake, anyone that has been there before and had that kind of adrenaline flowing is not thinking about the freakin' law! LMAO!!! Kevin said it best; 3rd grade stuff.

Sean D

So you'll commit a civil offense and face the consequences because someone calls you a cripple? I believe I'm considered a big guy and I don't do it ever. There's too much at stake and I'm nobody. (6'4" 255 lb nobody who NEVER gets in a fight, EVER!)

Tony Pedregon has no reason to complain...he and Cruz have "played the Countdown" to there advantage the last few years. So, all the sudden his brother gets knocked out by Hight and Force and he starts to complain about how its done?
Come on Tony, give us all a break!!!:rolleyes: Then to sit back and to say " I know how its done"...you sure didnt have a problem claiming to be Funny car Champion while driving for Force.Now you bite the hand that not only fed you, but made you into a serious contender.
If you should be mad at anyone, blame NHRA for allowing 4 car teams.

The only thing I disagree with in this article after watching it on TV was the only guy that seemed to want to go fist to cuffs was Force Tony seemed calm and composed through the whole deal.
There is some credibility to what he says just for the fact he worked for John so he does have some knowledge of how it works.
I think he confronted John to point out that he didn't have a problem confronting him about the issue.
It did sure beat the usual PC way things are now. I do and always will like John Force it's just another ugly incident kind of like the Lee Beard one. The one thing I did notice as riled as John was he truely watched that he didn't put his hand on Tony cause if he did I think he would have been put on his backside. I wonder what any possible sponsors think of the sport if they seen that confrontation.

P.S. If John did attempt to mix it up I will put my money on Tony P.;)

Bob,

if you look at 28 seconds into the video, you can clearly see that Tony reached out and pushed John -- and that's why John took his hat off and slammed it down to the ground.

And Tony was hardly calm, cool, and collected. He exuded arrogance, and he knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

Tony Pedregon has no reason to complain...he and Cruz have "played the Countdown" to there advantage the last few years.

The countdown is part of the current rules. Them using it to their advantage is in no way breaking those rules. If Force threw that race then he did break the rules. Pretty big difference.

So you'll commit a civil offense and face the consequences because someone calls you a cripple? I believe I'm considered a big guy and I don't do it ever. There's too much at stake and I'm nobody. (6'4" 255 lb nobody who NEVER gets in a fight, EVER!)[/QUOTE

Bobby, you know what I'm saying. Don't overdramatize it with the "civil offense" crap. If you've been there, and when I say "been there", I mean adrenaline jacked to the max and ready to go, you don't have the rational thoughts you speak of until after it goes down.

You're absolutely right when you say there's too much at stake, which is what went wrong with this country to start with. I'm just sayin' if they wanted to, they would have. It was obvious their only agenda was being loud and drawing attention to themselves, which at the end of the day, was probably net good for the sport.

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back