Force and T Ped going at it in the shutdown? (2 Viewers)

my random .02

Force was in a no-win situation in the race against Hight; he wins and he gets blasted for knocking Robert out of the ClownDown, he loses and he takes crap for diving...

I lost all respect for Tony Pedregon, calling someone a cheater on TV is straight out of WWF...

John should probably be fined for shoving an official

and none of this would have happened if Cruz hadn't smoked the tires when he raced Force...ultimately the Pedregons have no-one to blame but the Pedregons
so whats wrong with the WWF?:)

Yeah I know what ya meant

I just viewed the incident at home. Very unfortunate to see this exchange, anytime someone comes at another party with threats in a physical way or manor could be deemed by an average home viewer or fan as unreasonable, and bad for the sport.

I never like to see or hear about things like this.

:rolleyes:

Mark, I respectfully disagree. I think this is just the shot in the arm our sport needed. Folks who were just casual observers will tune in now just to see what happens. Enough of the plain vanilla stuff already.

just think about how bad this is going to be worn out on tv now! god help us

Are you kidding me? If anything this spat between Force and the Pedregons will only help the sport, not hurt it. For instance, almost everyone acknowledges that it was the fight between Bobby Allison and Cale Yarborough following the 1979 Daytona 500 that put NASCAR on the radar with American public. Sorry, but history shows that genuine rivalries and controvery are good for sports.

oh no its gonna be on sports center LOL. tony and john are getting lots of Castrol white and Quaker state green exposure.

Are you kidding me? If anything this spat between Force and the Pedregons will only help the sport, not hurt it. For instance, almost everyone acknowledges that it was the fight between Bobby Allison and Cale Yarborough following the 1979 Daytona 500 that put NASCAR on the radar with American public. Sorry, but history shows that genuine rivalries and controvery are good for sports.

Rich, I have been thinking about that fight while reading all about this top end
event.
But everybody if we were in the same position as John or Tony wouldn't we have done about the same thing? Racing has gotten to be big $$$ and $$$ and racing makes people get there emotions up.

no matter who's side your on, u have to admit it was great TV !!

can i get an amen !! :p

I'll give you a BIG amen on that one! Drag racing needs something like this. It's refreshing to see something different from the sanitized, corporate demeanor we've seen for so long.

I don't believe in coincidences and I find it strange that:

A) John chose the right lane
B) John had a .209 light (Robert had a safe .143 almost like he just wanted to stay green)
C) John drove it out of towards the wall immediately

ALL HAPPENED ON THE SAME RUN

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if one of those three things happened on a run, but all three things happening on the same run it's pretty obvious what's going on. Tony P has been the voice of the fans for quite a while now, going back to the end of last year with 1000 feet and now with the diving issue. Tony could have laid down for Cruz in Brainerd, instead he decided to give the paying customer's a show and therefore his comments today were completely justified.

Last edited:
Mark, I respectfully disagree. I think this is just the shot in the arm our sport needed. Folks who were just casual observers will tune in now just to see what happens. Enough of the plain vanilla stuff already.

Mike, unfortunately some of my comments were taken from the feelings expressed from some of the folks watching the event with me here at home. One of which was at the least a peer, co-worker, and friend of Judge Hight, Robert's uncle who raised him for a while and assisted introducing him to the sport of drag racing here in Sacramento, California. By the way, that person is my father!

:);)

Last edited:
Force should be fined and done for the year. Its obvious he threw the race and pushed an official. But hey its J F NHRA will look the other way,if it would have b een any1 else they would be done.

I will never again buy another part at Advance as long as their name is on a Pedregon car. And I would run Wesson oil before I'd put Quaker State in another vehicle.
That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard ... you people get too emotionally involved in this sport. Fans need to be fans and stop sweating the things they have no control over.

B) John had a .209 light (Robert had a safe .143 almost like he just wanted to stay green)

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if one of those three things happened on a run, but all three things happening on the same run it's pretty obvious what's going on. Tony P has been the voice of the fans for quite a while now, going back to the end of last year with 1000 feet and now with the diving issue. Tony could have laid down for Cruz in Brainerd, instead he decided to give the paying customer's a show and therefore his comments today were completely justified.

You know I don't recall seeing that passenger seat that you were in in Johns Car. I guess ESPN didn't have the exact angle. But its a good thing that you were in there to let us know exactly what happened.

Are you saying you don't believe in coincidence? :D:D Mr. Feld why not buy 2 drag racing associations? Then the WWE like competition can begin. Let's see..... "The Sheik vs. Sargeant Tony":rolleyes:

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice the slight smile on G. Light's face when he was talking about the official review of Force's run?

Maybe it was just me.

You know I don't recall seeing that passenger seat that you were in in Johns Car. I guess ESPN didn't have the exact angle. But its a good thing that you were in there to let us know exactly what happened.[/QUOTE

It's pretty clear what lane John chose (incidentally what lane did Ashley choose in the final?) NHRA.com. Dragracecentral.com, and ESPN all reported a.209 light, so I don't know how that is up for debate. Mike Dunn said he drove it right out of the groove, and it seemed pretty clear to anyone that didn't have the JFR rose colored glasses on what was going on. As Dunn stated Force did a great job of keeping it in the groove in the first round. I should have known the keyboard crewchief or in this case keyboard driver quote was coming, I guess you've never watched a sporting event and had views different from the coach/manager.

I'm a bit surprised at the amount of negative reaction to John throwing the race. These guys (and their sponsors) have millions of dollars at stake. Did anyone really think John was going to beat Robert? I would have bet every dollar I have that Robert would win. And I agree with that decision. It makes no sense to me that John would win and sacrifice the countdown for Robert, especially as good as that car is running now.

Drag racing is a sport AND a business. John made the proper business decision, the one that was right for his team and sponsors.

I also understand Tony being disappointed in Cruz not making the countdown. It was unfortunate that Robert was the recipient of some good luck in meeting John in the semi's as opposed to a non-Force car but that's the way it goes.

I like both Tony and John-I'm not a "hater" of either.

Just my two cents-I respect the opinions of those that disagree as well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back