Force and T Ped going at it in the shutdown? (1 Viewer)

Talk about sore LOSERS!!!! I guess Tony forgot who brought him to the dance in the first place. First rule of drag racing....Don't piss John Force off.

Talk about sore LOSERS!!!! I guess Tony forgot who brought him to the dance in the first place. First rule of drag racing....Don't piss John Force off.

# 1995: Ran limited Funny Car schedule for car owner Larry Minor
# 1993: Qualified for first NHRA event at the wheel of a Top Fuel dragster

just sayin

# 1995: Ran limited Funny Car schedule for car owner Larry Minor
# 1993: Qualified for first NHRA event at the wheel of a Top Fuel dragster

just sayin
Larry Minor was known to lay down for teammates too. T-Ped runs with a lot of "cheaters".

You guys know what will really suck now. They will show that as the lead in and over and over during the shows the rest of the season. In my personal opinion it was a "low-light" of the event not a "hi-light" for either the NHRA or the teams involved. It should be forgotten and just move on, but it aint gonna happen. :mad:

Rapid

I won't get into who's side I'm on here...

But I do think that "ALL Emotions Are Running High", because the economy really sucks and everybody needs the money just to get to the last few races of this year (and / or to extend their racing into next year ).

Larry Fulton

Last edited:
you obviously never watched racing in the sixties/seventies. when it was racing

Al – I dislike it as much as anyone. As I stated in my first post. But like it or not, our sport has evolved (devolved?) into big business, and big bucks are on the line. And while it certainly sucks, it makes no sense for a team owner to do anything other than to provide his sponsors the most exposure possible.

Me…? I’m not even all that crazy about Drag Racing at the professional level. Funny Cars all look identical. Top Fuelers run a spec motor. Pro Stock isn’t “stock”. I’d rather watch a good nostalgia race any day. But that, being a “sport” and not so much a “business” doesn’t get much airplay. –M--

Both parties were clearly in the wrong. Cruz & Tony need to learn how to accept losing, obviously thats something they cant do right now. It's NOBODY'S fault but Cruz's that he's in the position he's in. Don't want to be put there? Then your car needs to run better then to be #10...bottom line. Tony Pedregon needs to quit with the "I should know I was there for 8 years"...exactly! 8 YEARS- if it was so bad then why'd you stay so long? Don't go throwing somebody under the bus who helped get you where you are today. Force lost his cool and should be penalized in some way or another and I would imagine that he will be. I think everybody would agree that it shouldn't have gone where it went.

I will never again buy another part at Advance as long as their name is on a Pedregon car. And I would run Wesson oil before I'd put Quaker State in another vehicle.

Both parties were clearly in the wrong. Cruz & Tony need to learn how to accept losing, obviously thats something they cant do right now. It's NOBODY'S fault but Cruz's that he's in the position he's in. Don't want to be put there? Then your car needs to run better then to be #10...bottom line. Tony Pedregon needs to quit with the "I should know I was there for 8 years"...exactly! 8 YEARS- if it was so bad then why'd you stay so long? Don't go throwing somebody under the bus who helped get you where you are today. Force lost his cool and should be penalized in some way or another and I would imagine that he will be. I think everybody would agree that it shouldn't have gone where it went.

EXCELLENT post! could not agree more!

Al – I dislike it as much as anyone. As I stated in my first post. But like it or not, our sport has evolved (devolved?) into big business, and big bucks are on the line. And while it certainly sucks, it makes no sense for a team owner to do anything other than to provide his sponsors the most exposure possible.

Me…? I’m not even all that crazy about Drag Racing at the professional level. Funny Cars all look identical. Top Fuelers run a spec motor. Pro Stock isn’t “stock”. I’d rather watch a good nostalgia race any day. But that, being a “sport” and not so much a “business” doesn’t get much airplay. –M--

which is why I am a rabid / obsessed top alcohol fan. Its what fuel racing was when I was introduced to it in the old days. I crewed at the keystones and didn't even bother to make the walk to the stands to watch a single pro run. And I doubt I will even watch four of them run come two weeks when I go to Concord.

which is why I am a rabid / obsessed top alcohol fan. Its what fuel racing was when I was introduced to it in the old days. I crewed at the keystones and didn't even bother to make the walk to the stands to watch a single pro run. And I doubt I will even watch four of them run come two weeks when I go to Concord.

Yup, me too. and even more so the BB/FC class running out here in the west.

my random .02

Force was in a no-win situation in the race against Hight; he wins and he gets blasted for knocking Robert out of the ClownDown, he loses and he takes crap for diving...

I lost all respect for Tony Pedregon, calling someone a cheater on TV is straight out of WWF...

John should probably be fined for shoving an official

and none of this would have happened if Cruz hadn't smoked the tires when he raced Force...ultimately the Pedregons have no-one to blame but the Pedregons

In fact Tony had more to do with Cruz not making countdown when he raced Cruz all out and beat him. Force reacted like he did because he knew it was true. Mike Dunn said that before the green light. He said when JF picked the right lane "the fix was in". Dunn is still on claiming Force threw the race!

Of coarse Force threw the race....nothing new about team orders in racing ! But WOW...some good drama for the race ! It's about damn time too....show some real emotions ! Can we all just get along ?.....Noooooooooooooooo lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back