Don Schumacher not fooled by John's BS (1 Viewer)

We all know that wresling (one of Kenny Bersteins favorite sports) has staged results for the entertainment value, no points or price money at risk.

On the other hand, Major Leaage Baseball as well as the lesser leagues allow: a pinch hitter to prop up a weak player,sacrifice flys and intentional walks. Those actions certainly affect the results of games, league standings and have huge dollar results.

Like Force said on TV, This is my Team and I will run it the way I want

NHRA does not offer a version of those options,so maybe John created his own, I personly doubt it as JF is way too smart to start late,drive out of the groove and shut off. Nobody has more experience in a funny car than John, He could have easly taken a fall, using his skills, and nobody would have know the difference, Under the circumstance and the stress he has been under during the last few months, and passing 60 years of age, maybe he just screwed up, After all his is not Messiah Obama.

Last edited:
Anything that Don Schumacher says regarding BS is funny .(For the interest of being fair I am a huge fan and supporter of the Napa Funny Car team but thats as far as my like for DSR goes I will not even by a battery charger) Whatever.... everyone has a right to their opinion and here is mine. Everyone knew who was gonna win that round of racing on Monday. Its a fact of life since he started a multi car team in 1997. Thats the way is works thats the way it will continue to be . Look I want to see 100% straight up drag racing , with team orders or the "call" . But the bottom line is when you let 1 guy own 4 teams its the nature of the beast . Do I blame JF ? Heck no ... Would I do the same thing ? Heck yeah. A championship with one of the JFR teams is good for all teams not just one and He has 40% of the field. I dont care what kind of racing you watch if a team owner is allowed to have more than 1 team team orders will happen in certain situations. Its smart business for your team,your sponsors and everyone involved to have every chance to win a championship.Forces actions was BIG PICTURE racing people not short sited . Is it cheating ? No .Do you guys really think TP and CP would have raced straight up at Brainard if sponsorship wasnt an issue for TP ? Heck no!!!!! If Tony had a signed deal for 2010 he would have smoked the tires at the start and clicked the ole heap off. TP AND CP are totally classless people.Cruz has shown this time and time and time again for the better part of 10 years. Tony has followed in his brothers footsteps as of late . Needless to say as long as there is a sticker on CP or TP car , I will not support the product . I have sent complaints to AAP and Quaker State voicing my displeasure.
As far as the upstanding citizen Don Schumacher, I am not fooled by his BS . For him to even make a comment on the matter is like asking Al Copone to speak out against bootlegging of liquor . Time and time again he shows his rear end ... b4 the comments of today it was taking Mike Green from Cory Mac , but ohhh you might say Cory Mac didnt run as good and Tony is now ... OH well you know Tony gets all the good parts. WHY OH WHY did he not give the Crew Chief that Cory has now to Tony ???? Anyone have the answer to that ???? And I will not even speak of all the rest of the DSR BS that has went on in the last few years .
If you guys wanna see straight up drag racing 100% of the time versus 97% of the time go to sportsman races . Thats where people are trying to make it to the dance and its money out of their pocket not a multi million dollar Company. TP and CP need to either stfu and race or create their own 4 car team of their own.

Last edited:
here we go! don shumacher posts on here and everyone is sucking up now, 24 hrs ago lots were sticking up for force, ill say it because i dont care who you are, same scenario as yesterday, youd do it too don!!!!!!! its about your 4th car getting in! its about buisness. say no and your lying! fire away!

Thank you Jeff! I feel the same way.

Ah yes. Calling someone a liar. Another reason the professional racers left Nitromater years ago.

Very true. I think most of the "fans" on here were not around when the racers used to be here. Fans, by and large. won't tolerate racers coming on the same boards. That's why some boards require you to have industry creds to join.

I commend you and shoe, and sometimes Angelle for sticking it out

I think the situation caught John off guard and obviously without his ENTIRE "brain trust team". He just plain didn't know which route to take to make sure Robert won. If NHRA has to turn a blind eye to what is going on,and they must because they created the situation, the teams need to be a little more creative in their diving. How about blowing out a rocker cover gasket on the burnout. Or how about not being able to get it into reverse. Dead ignitions, coil wires falling off, forgetting to remove the throttle stop. How about the starter batteries just go dead. Come on we can just save fuel and tires with a little creativity. All multi-car teams (even Don's) can use any of these approaches. They are just going to get slammed and damned for diving anyway.

Would our heroes of yesteryear (Prudhomme, Big Daddy, Connie, Glidden) have done what John Force did at the 2009 US Nationals?

Would they have purposely turned a car right out of the groove and gave up the sports biggest race trophy to get a team car in the Top 10.

This is what bugs the hell out of me but it seems nobody really cares. John Force didn't feel the all the prestige and accomplishment of winning the biggest drag race in the world was worth MORE than putting an 11th place car in the Countdown. Is that what a true racer would do??

If John doesn't want to win the Biggest race trophy in drag racing he should step aside. Rather that than spit on the trophy and those who have held it or gave up everything trying to get it!!

That's just how I feel.

Those legends didn`t have the stupid countdown to contend with,when cruz was doing what Mike Dunn is doing now all he did was bash John because his brother laid down a time or two and was getting paid good money for it.I don`t feel one bit sorry for him he didn`t deserve to be in the countdown anyway.

Show me a single post or news article where he owned up to anything. He is the last person on the face of the planet that needs to chime in with his .02 on this issue.

The DSR debacle was Seattle 2003. The following week he was on ESPN and promised it would never happen again.

Somebody here on the mater posted a photoshop of Don next to a "No Diving" sign the next day. -that was pretty funny!

Force's deal at Indy stunk pretty bad, but he comes as close as he can to being honest about team orders. The whole "we're paid to win, business is business" is simply a way to admit to diving without getting a penalty from the NHRA.

We wouldn't be talking about this at all if those Pedregon brothers would have shown some class in defeat, instead of crying like children.

All

I publicaly take full responsibility for choosing the lanes my 2 Funny Cars ran in in Seattle a number of years ago. It was wrong and I decided we will never do anything like that agan. My teams will always race heads up. Hopefully that has been demonstrated numerous times over the years since then.

Don Schumacher

Wake me when the BS subsides. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

1. If John had beat Robert how many would be wondering if he had brain damage?
2. NHRA having a no dive rule is stupid. How could they ever inforce it?
3. Why have more than one car if you're not going to use it to your advantage if it be more testing or blocking/diving?
4. Has anyone noticed another team putting more cars on the track at countdown time? Just smart business and business is a part of racing.
5. If Robert had lost in the first or second round he would not have made it in. But he won.
6. If Cruz had went a couple more rounds he could not have been knocked out. He did not.

All

I publicaly take full responsibility for choosing the lanes my 2 Funny Cars ran in in Seattle a number of years ago. It was wrong and I decided we will never do anything like that agan. My teams will always race heads up. Hopefully that has been demonstrated numerous times over the years since then.

Don Schumacher
For my own edification (I honestly don't remember the timeline) was this before or after NHRA instituted the "no team-car diving" rule?

Shu & you are full of BS, like Don never gave any team orders, like any of you would'nt not do the same thing. Some of you people here are so damn ignorant I can't believe I'm even replying to your moronic statements you all are making.

It's all about business and John Force is a great businessman first.

Maybe you can all go hang out with Mike Dunn!!

Flame away!!

With all due respect you Sir are clueless......

What john did was agaisnt the rules they have in place now... Dont try to make excuses for him becuase someone else did it before.. Thats a cop out response.. Explain to me how its alright for a competitor to throw a race.. I mean give me a honest response on how its fine to break the rules? Most everyone on here thorws NHRA under the bus for not taking any actions but when it comes to something as blatent as that alot of the same people seem to think its alright..I know why NHRA didnt take action against him though.. When they went to the trailer Force asked for "Clarification" of the rule....

It is what it is...

No, diving isn't good for the fans. But the problems with rules to prevent it is that it becomes speculation: did he or didn't he? You can speculate that a .200 light from someone who regularly cuts good lights is a dive, you can speculate that the car making a move to the wall was bogus, and you very well may be 100% right, but can you 100% prove it?

Rules like this are impossible to police because you cannot judge with certainty perceived intent.

That being said, it sadly comes back to who is the better actor when the fall occurs as to who get the scruitiny. Though I think regardless of whether it was or wasn't staged, Robert Hight winning was going to make everyone question it regardless...

The Shoe apologized and said it won't happen again. He has stuck his neck out on the diving issue which is far more than any other owner on the circuit will do. What more do you want from the guy? Calling him a liar is just dirty pool.

1. If John had beat Robert how many would be wondering if he had brain damage?
2. NHRA having a no dive rule is stupid. How could they ever inforce it?
3. Why have more than one car if you're not going to use it to your advantage if it be more testing or blocking/diving?
4. Has anyone noticed another team putting more cars on the track at countdown time? Just smart business and business is a part of racing.
5. If Robert had lost in the first or second round he would not have made it in. But he won.
6. If Cruz had went a couple more rounds he could not have been knocked out. He did not.

OK man, you need to stop making too much sense.:rolleyes:

I don't understand all the vitriol to Mike Dunn in these threads.

He said it was a dive. It was.
He said the run essentially "smelled bad". It did.
He said the rules prohibit that. They do.
He said NHRA wasn't going to be able to catch him at it. They didn't.
He said he'd prefer people didn't do that. So do I.

What's to hate?

Christopher,

Please don't confuse us with the facts!

Tom, Schu's diving deal was before the rule was implemented.
That's what I thought but wasn't sure. I think it would be a bit more difficult for someone to be so forthright about such actions now that the rule is in place. For the record, I think the rule is ridiculous since it can't be effectively enforced. If an owner/sponsor/crew chief/etc. decides to take one for the team they should be able to say so up front. Even if it's just giving up lane choice to the preferred winner.
BTW, you going to be in Ennis?
Probably not... lots of irons in the fire as they say. Baby boy due in November, too!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back