Don Speaks about Nitro (1 Viewer)

Let's just say that things were said around a thirteen to seventeen year old kid, that made a lasting impression on him... made sure I joined then NHRA during the summer of 73, just so I could get N/D while I was overseas, along with my 'scrip to Drag News... as soon as I got back to the world, I let my membership lapse... K'dubs got me a membership for Christmas '05 just so dad could listen to the Audio Cast... so yeah, I get my 'Digger' in the mail 48 weeks a year, and I can listen to the PA at the track, on-line... I buy my tickets via the phone from the track... if the young lady that handles tickets is 'busy', she will call me back. I also have 'hard' tickets in my hands 48 hours after I buy them...

I also get the impression that Glendora looks at the 'General Membership' as nothing more than a 'Fan Club'... so be it...

Let's just say "I've gotten It" for over 40 years now. And people will ask why do I care, and why don't I just go do something else? Simple, Because I love Drag Racing. Because of people like Robert, Hopsing, Jimmy, Teach, All the Johnsons, WJ, KJ, TJ, both AJs, Melanie 'J', Fast Jack, Wildthing, 'Stinky', Tim, and Head, The Brothers O, Special K, Scooter, Conrad, Hillary, David, The Cowboys, Del W, Max, GA & JL, Ken Black, CoryMac, Dixon, KB and the Prince, JR, Ant, Matt Smith, Ms. Bling, EE and her dad, and Austin, John Medlen, Guido, Zippy, The Princess, and Papa John...

and The Don, for what he's tried to do...

d'kid

I couldn't have said it better. Actually it is a little freaky as if I was posting under another name......
jim

No disrespect to Don but this whole bruhaha concerning the nitro shortage is far from over from what I'm hearing.

Last edited:

Mike, I've had the pleasure of actually doing a business deal with Jack (we bought his wife's car, check it out here) and because of that we've had many phone calls, meetings, and conversations over the last six months. He is at least as genuine and honest as most of the people here think he is, only more so. The deal was unbelievably fair, he bent over backwards to insure that -- doing many things well above and beyond the strict terms of the deal. And he and Jenna have been incredibly generous with their time, answering the phone and emails immediately when I've called with questions. Simply put, in my experience, if you look up "class act" in the dictionary, Jack's picture's next to it.

And if you think he "bought" Whit's ride, you really need to check the facts. Jack's not exactly the "buying a ride" kind of guy. Maybe you don't like the fact that Whit's "foot-in-mouth" disease is terminal, but Jack's got nothing to do with it. Don came to Jack and said "want a ride", and Jack accepted, like I believe 101% of the people here would also have done.

Chris

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back