Bristol's Jeff Byrd discusses postponement (1 Viewer)

I respect a man who offers no BS responses and points no blame. Number one priority, from Bruton on down, appears to be "get it ready for July at any cost".

Now that was a great read. No BS excuses or finger pointing. He owned up to it and said he blames himself. Way to go!! I would rather see it postponed than possibly have a major accident of some kind unfold.

T

I respect a man who offers no BS responses and points no blame.

Here here! A refreshing change from the finger pointing and "Blame some other schmuck!" we've been subjected to when things like this happen in corporate America lately.

That took some forthrightness. (And gonads.)

There's going to be a lot of moaning and wailing, but there's nothing we can do except wait patiently for Topeka.

Knowing SMI, they will do what ever they can to make it up to the fans and racers to the best of their ability due to the change of dates.

I used to have tickets for the Coke 600 in Charlotte. A few years ago CLT got record rain in a 5 day period. The parking lots were a mud pit and lots of fans never made it to the race, some of those that did make it needed to be towed out. As it was, the police were telling people it was OK to park along the highway as long as they were not sticking out. The race, although shortened by rain was run that night. With in a few weeks I got a package in the mail from the track. Along with a letter of apology was a yellow rain poncho. In the letter it said that if you were unable to make it to the cup race that you should send your unused ticket back in and they would issue you a ticket for the following years Busch race. It went on to say that they were going to pave the roads in the lots as they never wanted a repeat of what happened and they would no longer charge for parking.

I also attended the drags in Bristol back in 01. We got the 3 day ticket package. Friday afternoon they announced that the hospitality tent was open those those who had the 3 day pass. When we walked in they had hot dogs, soft drinks, chips and ice cream for free. They also had autograph sessions with some of the drivers including John Force.

If they are using the same concrete on the circle track, wonder if they are going to have problems there also.

Murdock.

Now that was a great read. No BS excuses or finger pointing. He owned up to it and said he blames himself. Way to go!! I would rather see it postponed than possibly have a major accident of some kind unfold.

T

That's exactly what I wanted to say - how refreshing for someone to take full responsibility for things rather than blaming everyone else. They made the safest decision, even though it's going to make for a very difficult string of races and has caused a bunch of inconvenience to fans and racers. I'd rather have a safe race, by far.

Another class act from the folks at Bristol was today when one of the employees from the track called me to make sure that I knew that the race had been postponed. Granted, with tickets to the Thunder Valley Club and an RV site on the grounds of the track, I do have something invested in the event, but I still thought that was a classy thing to do. Heck, I thought the recorded message from Jeff Byrd that I got yesterday was good enough for me.

Murdock.

If they are using the same concrete on the circle track, wonder if they are going to have problems there also.

Murdock.

i dont know a lot about these things but i wouldnt think so since they dont put any vht on the round track you dont get that pulling effect fron the tires, but if they do have problems its easier to patch there racing surface and still be safe.

i dont know a lot about these things but i wouldnt think so since they dont put any vht on the round track you dont get that pulling effect fron the tires, but if they do have problems its easier to patch there racing surface and still be safe.

Any new pics Trav?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back