Schumacher house fire (1 Viewer)

Man, that bites... glad everyone got out okay, thanks to the heads-up from the painter...

d'kid

Wow! That could have ended up so much worse! Whew....glad everyone's OK!

No kidding, these kind of roof fires can get out of control for hours before you realize it. A guy down the street was using a blow torch to get wasp nests out of his attic (smart, huh?). He finished, and an hour later they smelled something funny -- just thought it was lingering from his work. About two hours later he went out to get in his car and the whole back of his roof was on fire. Had to rebuild the back half of his house...

I am glad to hear everyone is ok! You guys are right, this could have turned out ugly if it wasn't for the painter.

Glad no one was hurt, but I can imagine how helpless you feel sitting there watching it. Devastating to lose stuff of sentimental value that can't be replaced.

The killing wasps with a blowtorch ranks right up there in the "hey ya'll watch this" files.

I tend to use the WD-40 method of wasps.

Although when I was younger I used carb cleaner on a fire ant pile and then got the grand idea to toss a match in.

The killing wasps with a blowtorch ranks right up there in the "hey ya'll watch this" files.

Yep, this guy's a piece of work. He has about a 35' gooseneck race trailer in the street in front of his house that's all torn asunder. I stopped by and asked if he was a racer. He looked at me like "huh?", "oh, no, I'm just fixin it up so I can use it for storage". Okey dokey...

I hate to hear it happened but glad everyone is OK. I can relate my house burned in 01' and I wouldnt wish that on anyone. It is a helpless feeling watching the fire get bigger while waiting for the fire dept. to arrive.

Very sorry to hear about this. This is something that always scares me badly. I'm really glad everybody is OK and hopefully the damage isn't too bad.

My Best, Don.

Dave

House fires rank right up there in scary. Am very glad no one including pets was injured or worse.

House fires rank right up there in scary. Am very glad no one including pets was injured or worse.

Dittos that Shoe's family and pets are OK! That must be one hell of a Fire Department - Don should send them a huge Thank You. Three homes in our neighborhood have burned because of careless workmen with torches - couldn't believe how fast they were gone.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back