Don Schumacher not fooled by John's BS (1 Viewer)

1. If John had beat Robert how many would be wondering if he had brain damage?
2. NHRA having a no dive rule is stupid. How could they ever inforce it?
3. Why have more than one car if you're not going to use it to your advantage if it be more testing or blocking/diving?
4. Has anyone noticed another team putting more cars on the track at countdown time? Just smart business and business is a part of racing.
5. If Robert had lost in the first or second round he would not have made it in. But he won.
6. If Cruz had went a couple more rounds he could not have been knocked out. He did not.

Gotta agree 100%. Want to stop diving - NHRA needs to raise the purse so teams are not totally dependant on their sponsors (or their own pockets) to compete. $100,000 to win Indy. What is that, the eighty forth finisher in NASCAR.;) Force made the proper business decision for himself and his team and his sponsors.

He was still enough of a driver to take Cruz out on Monday. He's already proven he's the best business man in the sport!

Hmm, John's car went A to B without smoking the tires like Cruz did, so that goes to the crew chief not the driver. However, he wasn't a good enough driver in the semi's to cut a decent light and keep his car in the grove, go figure. Who's the better driver this year, that's debatable. Maybe John should get out of the car (he doesn't care about winning for himself) and focus on his business, because he is running one car out of his pocket this year which does not make much business sense. He will not have much of a business if he continues to fund teams out of his pocket and not with sponsorship $$. The last time I checked the perception on the street is Bernstein is the best businessman in the sport.

Schumacher has no room to talk. Whether he says he would never have one of his teams take a dive he is talking BS, he has done it before and if he thought it was necessary would do it again. He is probably pissed that Force has 40% of the cars in the playoffs and he doesn't.

Lets see here about Mr.Schumacher Electric who once said that if Tony didn't drive good enough he would replace him - nice family man. Anyway, He was caught throwing a race before, was found with illegal nitro and fined $100K and paid the fine. Who knows what else he has done but has not been caught for. I would give 1000-1 odds that if Tony Schumacher were racing Cory Mac at the Finals in Pomona that Cory would have to take a dive........1000-1 odds, any takers.

Also, I like MiKe Dunn but he was out of line. He is a ESPN color announcer and does a good job of it but when something like this comes up his opinion should not be part of the telecast. He told the viewers that Force cheated and it was obvious to him. Well NHRA didn't agree, so Mike should have kept his mouth shut. If Mike continues to disagree with NHRA rulings I think he better look for another job as NHRA will not stand for his criticism of their decisions.

I think Dunn should be required to apologize to John Force live during the next race.

Also, until monday I liked Tony Ped. Cruz has always been a big mouth. There is definitely a lot of jeolosy between the Ped's and Force's team. Maybe Tony is sorry he ever left driving for Force. He is a great driver and they are running great but his money is running out and he is now down in the mouth like his brother.

I think the only one who knows if John threw the race or not is John. There are a lot of things, after watching the run many times, to think he may have but I can almost guarantee that there is no Funny Car driver out there that would put his car sideways, almost put it into the wall and then up on 3 wheels, expecially after the crash he went through. There are a lot of ways to throw a race and nobody would ever question it. John could have easily thrown the race and made it look like a good run. Why put himself and his reputation and team through this BS when he could have thrown the race and made the race look good enough that there would have not been any controversy.

A race with Cruz and Hight, what a laugh. Cruz already had his clock cleaned by John in the early rounds. Why would anyone think he should be given another shot. Why don't be let Hagan, Toliver, Arend and Head also have a second chance - BS

I think the only one who knows if John threw the race or not is John. There are a lot of things, after watching the run many times, to think he may have but I can almost guarantee that there is no Funny Car driver out there that would put his car sideways, almost put it into the wall and then up on 3 wheels, expecially after the crash he went through. There are a lot of ways to throw a race and nobody would ever question it.

Welcome Terry, now put down the JFR kool aid and come back to reality, the race was a dive and John fixed the outcome of who is running for the championship.

Hmm, John's car went A to B without smoking the tires like Cruz did, so that goes to the crew chief not the driver.
Crew chief's can't get a car to the line and down the track from their position. Drivers matter too, if you disagree, we'll be reminding you every time your driver outperforms another saying it was just the crew chief. Be honest with yourself.

However, he wasn't a good enough driver in the semi's to cut a decent light and keep his car in the grove, go figure. Who's the better driver this year, that's debatable.
He was maybe the best driver on site that round. He proved he could control the outcome to benefit his business, team, driver, countdown position without any penalties whatsoever by the sanctioning body. You know, like Neff/Selzi did in Seattle for their teammate.

Maybe John should get out of the car (he doesn't care about winning for himself) and focus on his business, because he is running one car out of his pocket this year which does not make much business sense. He will not have much of a business if he continues to fund teams out of his pocket and not with sponsorship $$.
Oh contraire, my hateful friend. He has enough resources as a result of excellent business practices to be able to do this. The simple fact that he got the AAA car in the countdown proves he's doing something right as a businessman and a driver. Connie Kalitta, Jim Head and many others run cars out of their own pockets and continue to race. Are you going to suggest they all quit too, or is this just another "Force Hating" rant of yours? Be honest with yourself.

The last time I checked the perception on the street is Bernstein is the best businessman in the sport.
That's surely one opinion. It's not mine but opinions are like armpits - we all have them and, they all stink at times. I would say a guy who has four successfully funded teams might be considered a cut above the one who is struggling to fund one but, like I said, it's only an opinion.

Bottom line, as one might say, I think you just hate all things Force from your posts. Again, it's my opinion.

At the end of the day, we all know teams do it.....it has happened before, it'll happen again. It was the way John responded to everything that made this such an issue. If John would have shut up and not responded to either of the Peds....everyone would dwell on Tony and Cruz and their comments and John would have moved on. He blew up and made it even a bigger scene. What is that saying: "ye doth protest too much"......

I am not a Pedregon fan and I have always been neutral on John, but I respected John for building up what he has and making things happen. He was always highly motivated and aggressive. Now, he just looks desparate...
Not a good sign of the times for the NHRA.

Excellent first post Terry Almy.
Welcome Terry, now put down the JFR kool aid and come back to reality, the race was a dive and John fixed the outcome of who is running for the championship.
So has DSR racing in the past, so has Vance and Hines in the past, so has Larry Minor and Gary Beck, so have many others INCLUDING the Pedregons, it's part of the game.:rolleyes: The part that I don't like is when those that are guilty of it calling out others that have.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, we all know teams do it.....it has happened before, it'll happen again. It was the way John responded to everything that made this such an issue. If John would have shut up and not responded to either of the Peds....everyone would dwell on Tony and Cruz and their comments and John would have moved on. He blew up and made it even a bigger scene. What is that saying: "ye doth protest too much"......

I am not a Pedregon fan and I have always been neutral on John, but I respected John for building up what he has and making things happen. He was always highly motivated and aggressive. Now, he just looks desparate...
Not a good sign of the times for the NHRA.

John looks desparate? John? Really? I thought he had every one of his cars in the countdown? I saw desperation but it wasn't John. That was a response to being called names and being taunted.

Oh contraire, my hateful friend. He has enough resources as a result of excellent business practices to be able to do this. The simple fact that he got the AAA car in the countdown proves he's doing something right as a businessman and a driver. Connie Kalitta, Jim Head and many others run cars out of their own pockets and continue to race. Are you going to suggest they all quit too, or is this just another "Force Hating" rant of yours? Be honest with yourself.

Big difference between John and two owner's you listed, they have businesses that can support their need for speed. John's business is his race team, so I stand by statement. If John continues to run the car out of his pocket, the resources will run out at some point in the future. That is not what I call a wise business decision. Why did he ask his team to take pay cuts? My guess is resources are a little tight. I don't hate the guy, I just hate how the NHRA handles the situation and how it always seems to work in John's favor. I hated like hell I am watching the biggest race of the year and the sports all time winning driver is diving and giving up the US National title. That doesn't seem right to me. Hopefully this will not be a problem next year as that will be race 1 of the Countdown. I am not like some of the JFR fans who are screaming they "hate" the Pedregon brothers and they are wishing they lose their sponsors, now that is hateful.

That doesn't seem right to me. Hopefully this will not be a problem next year as that will be race 1 of the Countdown. I am not like some of the JFR fans who are screaming they "hate" the Pedregon brothers and they are wishing they lose their sponsors, now that is hateful.

I will agree with you on making Indy Race 1 on the countdown. I think that would be great idea.

As far as "hating" the Ped's go. I cant stand them, however, I dont want them to lose there sponsors. We already have short fields. And besides, since Blazemore cant get anyone to hire him I have to have someone to root against.

The last time I checked the perception on the street is Bernstein is the best businessman in the sport.

as far as the best business man at the track, i think i'd have to go with mr. shumacher, over the years he has secured more 'major' sponsors than everyone else combined !! exide/army/brute/valvoline/napa/mopar etc.
and oh yeah i almost forgot, who else could land a sponsor like that polka dot bread company ??

Hey Bobby

My problem is that John Force is making decisions in the cockpit that best serves his business.

To me that is not a true racer.

That is not a guy who's main focus is getting the win light.

It's a disservice to everything and everyone ever involved with the sport of drag racing. It's a disservice to the crew chief and everyone servicing the car in between rounds to take that car out of competition intentionally.

John's desire for driving first has long since past. Yet he continues to go out there in a Nitro Funny Car without the desire or the passion for John Force the driver to win. He needs to step away and let the others pilot the ship while he directs and gives the command.

You guys parade the $ sign around to justify your every cause with what team Force did was OK. For the sponsors, for the sake of Hight and Prock, for AAA of SoCal.

I guess I'm understanding how this all works more and more. Many don't have John Force as their favorite driver. It's more like if anyone in the Force Camp wins, we all win.

I don't have that luxury. If Jack Beckman wins the title I can't go around feeling great because he's Ron Capps' teammate and by virtue Ron Capps gets a stake in the Championship. I've never thought that's how it works. I don't think any driver will tell you that either. As a fan, my mentality is that of a driver. And I want my driver to win.

Giving it to a teammate for this or that reason is not an option. Especially at the Big Go.

Everybody wants to run this thing like a big business when at the end of the day the sole purpose of the driver in the cockpit to win as a driver.

Intentionally throwing races is not true to anyone who purchased a ticket, is watching on TV, or crewing the machine.

Last edited:
. . . Intentionally throwing races is not true to anyone who purchased a ticket, is watching on TV, or crewing the machine.

Then in fairness, you MUST blame everyone that has ever done it! Right? The list is long and may include some names you wouldn't want to discuss like you do John.

My problem is that John Force is making decisions in the cockpit that best serves his business.

I'm not much of a JFR fan, but let's be clear. John's focus has been, since the early years, "how can I continue to do this, and if possible, make a living doing it?" That's someone with the nitro addiction who wants to keep racing and winning. That's a "true racer".

Your definition of a true racer is focused on round-by-round. John's is focused on championships. And he's proven to be pretty good at that.

Welcome Terry, now put down the JFR kool aid .....

I don't think that everyone is drinking the "JFR Kool-Aid" as much as you are drinking the "Anti-JFR Kool-Aid".

Force could rescue a kid from the burning building and you would complain about how he dragged the kid out by the arm.

I don't think that everyone is drinking the "JFR Kool-Aid" as much as you are drinking the "Anti-JFR Kool-Aid".

Force could rescue a kid from the burning building and you would complain about how he dragged the kid out by the arm.

Simply precious! Thanks Paul. So very true!

Why, because I am able to look at results and see Don's teams have performed well, if not better than JFR from 1999 thru current?

I like both the Force and Schumacher teams but Force FC teams success has far surpassed Schumacher FC Teams.

Championships
Force FC Teams 7
Schumacher FC Teams 1

Race Wins
Force FC Teams 106
Schumacher FC Teams 51

1999 through 2009 US Nat.

Hey Bobby

It's a disservice to everything and everyone ever involved with the sport of drag racing. It's a disservice to the crew chief and everyone servicing the car in between rounds to take that car out of competition intentionally.

John's desire for driving first has long since past. Yet he continues to go out there in a Nitro Funny Car without the desire or the passion for John Force the driver to win. He needs to step away and let the others pilot the ship while he directs and gives the command.

You guys parade the $ sign around to justify your every cause with what team Force did was OK. For the sponsors, for the sake of Hight and Prock, for AAA of SoCal.

I guess I'm understanding how this all works more and more. Many don't have John Force as their favorite driver. It's more like if anyone in the Force Camp wins, we all win.

I don't have that luxury. If Jack Beckman wins the title I can't go around feeling great because he's Ron Capps' teammate and by virtue Ron Capps gets a stake in the Championship. I've never thought that's how it works. I don't think any driver will tell you that either. As a fan, my mentality is that of a driver. And I want my driver to win.

Giving it to a teammate for this or that reason is not an option. Especially at the Big Go.

Everybody wants to run this thing like a big business when at the end of the day the sole purpose of the driver in the cockpit to win as a driver.

Intentionally throwing races is not true to anyone who purchased a ticket, is watching on TV, or crewing the machine.

Bobby Miller (aka "KNOW IT ALL") just can't get it. Bobby Miller, Do you use the "it's ok to do it because everyone else does it" logic with your family. I don't, and a lie is a lie, and a cheater is a cheater. BLACK & WHITE, DONE DEAL!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back