Jackson Brothers Classics (1 Viewer)

Very cool Bobby! What I found especially astounding is the lack of a guardrail along the track and the people/photographers standing up near the starting line completely out in the open.

Thanks Bobby. I remember it well. Still gripes me when I drive past it on 880. It's been said before but "Those were the days".

wow...that was cool! Guys like the Jackson Brothers, Leslie Lovett, Jim Kelso, and Richard Brady are guys who I absolutly admired! That is truly "Living the dream"!!!

As for "BAYLANDS"...well that place holds a very special place in my heart. We went there for a Divisional race in the late 80's. I think it was 88' and that's when I got my "CRUSH" on Mendy Fry.....! I saw her racing in TAD and was a bit goo goo! We got rained out the first time up there. It was the first time we had raced the SUPER COMP class with the Alcohol Abuse dragster, and were about a tenth behind the index... (YES BEFORE THROTTLE STOP, WHEN WE TUNED THE CAR TO RUN THE NUMBER). We had a little wing on the car, and even took it off to see if it would help pick up the number... It ran .01 quicker...:mad:

But, also racing at that WDRS event were Cruz Pedregon, Cory Mac, Joe Nawasinski (the warsaw express front motored TAD), and some dude named Gary Scelzi.... racing in TAD.

I loved my "BAYLANDS" experience. Seeing these vids brings back some great memories! Thanks Bobby!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back