Don Schumacher not fooled by John's BS (1 Viewer)

All

I publicly take full responsibility for choosing the lanes my 2 Funny Cars ran in in Seattle a number of years ago. It was wrong and I decided we will never do anything like that again. My teams will always race heads up. Hopefully that has been demonstrated numerous times over the years since then.

Don Schumacher
Spoken like a TRUE & HONEST Professional Drag Racing Owner!!!

EXCELLENT

How can anyone argue with that?

I can argue with that.

Don can publicly take responsibility for it now.

BUT, that was half a decade ago. And at the time, he and his whole operation towed the company line...drivers, crew chiefs, etc.

Don knows in his heart he would do the exact same thing time and again if it served the whole interest of DSR. The difference here is that none of John's sponsors are going to call him on the carpet for this move. Shu's admitted decision to not give team orders since then is laudible only to the extent that we "know" of no other incidents on their part in the interim. However, in the context of this situation, Don has absolutely zero business interjecting his opinion into the public forum. It's merely PR. Both groups have let the thought cross their minds and acted on them, so this is truly a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if John has an understanding with said sponsors that encompasses this very situation, especially with Castrol. They have been very long time supporters of JFR and have quite a bit invested in helping him be a successful marketing tool. Does anybody here think for a second that during Tony's tenure at Force's, Castrol was oblivious to the team orders given then? I sincerely doubt at this late date they question John's ability to manage his race team, winning tons of races notwithstanding. And now with Ashley in the game flying Castrol's colors, John's got the ability to take it on the chin personally and give up a round win here or there to move his whole program in the right direction.

As for Tony and Cruz, they both decided to take the low road and air their concerns about JFR's "cheating" on national TV. Both have very little class in my book. And both knew without a doubt what was going to transpire after the date between John and Robert was set. Force HAD NO OPTION but to proclaim that there would be a straight up race in the semi's when asked. To have said ANYTHING but would have been grounds for NHRA to find him in violation of their "rule".

Oh well, back to your regularly scheduled program.
:cool:

here we go! don shumacher posts on here and everyone is sucking up now, 24 hrs ago lots were sticking up for force, ill say it because i dont care who you are, same scenario as yesterday, youd do it too don!!!!!!! its about your 4th car getting in! its about buisness. say no and your lying! fire away!

here we go! don shumacher posts on here and everyone is sucking up now, 24 hrs ago lots were sticking up for force, ill say it because i dont care who you are, same scenario as yesterday, youd do it too don!!!!!!! its about your 4th car getting in! its about buisness. say no and your lying! fire away!

Ah yes. Calling someone a liar. Another reason the professional racers left Nitromater years ago.

You are exactly right. the difference for me would have been I would have admitted from the very beginning!!!! All Force had to do was admit that he "Threw the race" and we would not be having this conversation!!!

Ah yes. Calling someone a liar. Another reason the professional racers left Nitromater years ago.

please!!!! look at all the stuff john force has been called on here by the haters, recent roll #s on here 63% said force did the right thing. and i said if he disagrees then he is one , sorry not a suck up here.

If it was posted already, please excuse me, but with Robert getting in, some teams may even get more pissed over the next 6 races because with the fourth car, it (one of the teams) can become a helper (by doing the same thing all over again) for another Force team that is closer to the title. With Hight getting in, Force gave himself a 40% chance of taking a title home..

This is all coming for a huge Pro Stock fan, so I'm not being bias imho...

Randy Goodwin ya that is funny, point I'am making is Don Schumacher said Force had a .200 light,Larry Dixon who in my (I guess funny opion) is as good as they come and forgot what yellow ment while sitting on the starting line a while back. I'am not knocking Don schumacher everyone on here should respect him greatly for posting on nitromater he takes some hits on here from time to time.

John taking advantage of the system does not make him a cheater, Don Schumacher having extra nitro in his trailer last year did not make him a cheater or terrorist, Warren speaking his mind does not make him a whiner, no more than Prudhomme hangin it up makes him a quiter. All these men have been very successful and I'm sure it's hard to understand some choices made until you have stood in that persons shoes in that situation.Their decisions involve millions of dollars and dozens of lives. It's alot easier to decide what's right or wrong when you're watching from your recliner and your decision is not going to cost you or anyone else a dime. They all deserve respect and the option of having a difference of opinion without being blasted. We do tend to defend our heroes and down the others. I'm guilty.

All

I publicaly take full responsibility for choosing the lanes my 2 Funny Cars ran in in Seattle a number of years ago. It was wrong and I decided we will never do anything like that agan. My teams will always race heads up. Hopefully that has been demonstrated numerous times over the years since then.

Don Schumacher

Don,

Iit true that Mr. Jannard blowing his lid was the catalyst for the above admission?

I understand John has a scuba gear sponsor waiting in the wings in case AAA bails on him:eek:[/QUOTE]

I understand Mr. Schumacher has a lead shot sponsor lined up.

Nah Randy..that don't work. They left for many more reasons than that

I really don't see what all these pages are for. If John would have played the laydown better..moot point.

Run leaner (they can afford it).
Cylinder out from the get go (they can afford it)
Geez..the reasons are spinning so I'll leave it at that.

Anything other than he did. Give a 600 frame per minute video to Dunn (and anyone who was watching that hss a clue)..and he's gonna call it. "All wheels on the ground" "No cylinders out" "Absolutely no reason the car goes right..other than him turning the wheel"

Bottom line..as long as Robert won..sh!t hits the fan.

Congrats Ashely..she rocked.

IMO bad hoodoo for the Peds making a fu#king spectacle out of the whole deal.

You are exactly right. the difference for me would have been I would have admitted from the very beginning!!!! All Force had to do was admit that he "Threw the race" and we would not be having this conversation!!!

Admit you threw the race and the race is thrown out by the NHRA.

IMO bad hoodoo for the Peds making a fu#king spectacle out of the whole deal.

Interesting thought David, Tony looked cool, calm, and collected while John was acting like an enraged lunatic. The spectacle was clearly John losing his cool.

James, this is what you all are missing. HE CANT say he's going to throw it. I am sure if it were up to him, he would have just stayed parked at the pits and let Robert take a single. And to be completely honest, Robert did have the better car this weekend anyways. copy and paste comes in handy!!!!!:D

Regarding Don Schumachers statement that they will always run straight up and have since Seattle.
While I like your statement and your cander (we have chatted on a number of occasions at the track and via emails), admire andrespect you and wish it would always be that way, I just hope you aren't in the same situation as John was at Indy.
Because if you are, you are going to look bad, when you have to make the decision that in order to get one of your driers in the countdown you make your other team driver in the other lane lose that race.
It will happen down the road, at some point:(:(:eek::eek:

The trouble is there are so many ways to make it happen.

Their lights did suck, but they were only .06 apart.
As far as anything on the track goes, you can make a car smoke the tires pretty easily.
But, there have been hundreds of runs where a team detunes the car or puts in a soft tune-up and it smokes the tires anyways. It is the nature of the beast.

SPEEDZONE MAGAZINE ONLINE
Dean

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back