Don Schumacher not fooled by John's BS (1 Viewer)

Yes he did, I believe he was probably referring to what Don said regarding the testing incident. We all know what Force was doing and yeah it wasnt right but why go dig yourself in sh*t that you don't belong in? If Matt Hagan hadn't lost first round and had a shot at the countdown then I would understand Don getting involved. I wish Cruz would have conducted himself the way Mr. Hagan did actually.

Very well said Ms. Weber!

If I was in the Cruz position I would have been po'd and said that and more
If I was in Force's spot, I would have done the same.

Diving sucks, there is no two ways about it, but its also a business and as we all know business and ethics don't always go together.

Shu & you are full of BS, like Don never gave any team orders, like any of you would'nt not do the same thing. Some of you people here are so damn ignorant I can't believe I'm even replying to your moronic statements you all are making.

It's all about business and John Force is a great businessman first.

Maybe you can all go hang out with Mike Dunn!!

Flame away!!

Gee Craig--I tend to agree with you. Maybe I should hold the water hose while the rest burn ya down.:rolleyes:

I don't understand all the vitriol to Mike Dunn in these threads.

He said it was a dive. It was.
He said the run essentially "smelled bad". It did.
He said the rules prohibit that. They do.
He said NHRA wasn't going to be able to catch him at it. They didn't.
He said he'd prefer people didn't do that. So do I.

What's to hate?

Good post Christopher. I was wondering when Mike was going to start catching flak because of his (honest) remarks.

Shu & you are full of BS, like Don never gave any team orders, like any of you would'nt not do the same thing. Some of you people here are so damn ignorant I can't believe I'm even replying to your moronic statements you all are making.

It's all about business and John Force is a great businessman first.

Maybe you can all go hang out with Mike Dunn!!

Flame away!!

Yep, you've got that right Craig. I am full of BS!! And anyone who knows me will tell you the same!! I admit it!

I don't understand all the vitriol to Mike Dunn in these threads.

He said it was a dive. It was.
He said the run essentially "smelled bad". It did.
He said the rules prohibit that. They do.
He said NHRA wasn't going to be able to catch him at it. They didn't.
He said he'd prefer people didn't do that. So do I.

What's to hate?

Maybe Force should have gone to the broadcast booth and had words and uncontrolled emotions with Mike Dunn!! He would have deserved it too, right?

Maybe Force should have gone to the broadcast booth and had words and uncontrolled emotions with Mike Dunn!! He would have deserved it too, right?

He did say something in one of his rants about "those guys back in the tent" -- I think he meant the ESPN trailers.

i have been out here for 11 years and have seen and heard all kinds of deals made at the track. every team out there with one or more cars have all done it !!!!!! the ones that say they haven't are all lying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way to stop “team orders” would be to not allow any multi-car teams. I’m not advocating that, merely stating that that’s the only way it could really be eliminated. –M--
Then they would only have 8 car fields, that would definitely not be any better.

The only way to stop “team orders” would be to not allow any multi-car teams. I’m not advocating that, merely stating that that’s the only way it could really be eliminated. –M--

That wouldn't fix it. There would be (and have always been) alliances. Haven't you watched Survivor (or most reality TV shows)? :)

I thought i was pretty ironic that yesturday near the start of the broadcast they Connie, John an Dixon on a stage talking to them... and John talks about Connie wanting to kick his butt.. and there John is at the end of the event wanting to kick Tony p's butt......lol

To qoute a great line from a bad movie..... paraphrased a bit... "if the two of you want to end up greasy spots on a dirt road no one would miss ya ..no matter what anyone says to your face".....

Reality is.. 99% of the racers in the pits have something to say about the other racers.. been happening for a while and still will.... Monday... you saw it all come to the for front on your tv's... you wanted a more entertaining broadcast.. well you got it.... no one in the pits at any motorsports event at thsi level is clean and shiney... there is tarnish some have high priced spin doctors to hide it some dont... .. it is what it is... they all have to deal with the ramifications of this altercation.... and the only opinions that realy matter to them are the ones that sign the checks that fund them....they could care less about you and your opinion of them and what went on (including mine)... thats how they became successfull in what they do..... and thats why we got what we got on tv Monday....

you want drag racing to grow.. its about to go through the roof... watch all the press for Z-Max coming up.. those guys are the best a milking a situation....

and go to Comp Plus and do a search and you will find where Shoe admitted the dive... and right after it is the rule from the NHRA being announced...lol

Personaly.. i'm glad Force did or didnot take a dive....insert your opinion here.. i'm glad Tony and Cruz shot off their mouth.. Dragracing is about to explode and i can tell my kids i was there when it happened....lol....

Indy 09 = Daytona 79...

Billy

What does Don have to be jealous about? If I compare the 2 organizations results since Don returned to the sport he has nothing to be jealous about.

Being popular. No one will ever(after Garlits) be more popular or more remembered than John Force. Without John and his family drag racing would be near dead right now. I just wish the would have a top fuel car in their stable.

Last edited:
Would our heroes of yesteryear (Prudhomme, Big Daddy, Connie, Glidden) have done what John Force did at the 2009 US Nationals?

Would they have purposely turned a car right out of the groove and gave up the sports biggest race trophy to get a team car in the Top 10.

This is what bugs the hell out of me but it seems nobody really cares. John Force didn't feel the all the prestige and accomplishment of winning the biggest drag race in the world was worth MORE than putting an 11th place car in the Countdown. Is that what a true racer would do??

If John doesn't want to win the Biggest race trophy in drag racing he should step aside. Rather that than spit on the trophy and those who have held it or gave up everything trying to get it!!

That's just how I feel.

Well, there have been deals in the staging lanes since drag racing began. And diving takes place in every sport -- see the Black Sox, or countless college sports, or... It happens. No really good way to police it.

It used to be really bad when they had alternates. One reason they got rid of that system is because you'd have a low budget team that qualified and a big budget that didn't. There were occasions when the bigger team's, that may have been in an alternate position, paid off the smaller team in some way to report their car as "broken" therefore allowing the alternate to be bumped into the show on Sunday. So no one is ruining the integrity of drag racing these days.

Some of you people act like all of this is some new concept. There have been team's taking dives since the beginning of team racing. Larry Minor couldn't hit the brakes hard enough against his teammate Gary Beck when Beck was needing the points and popped a blower before half track. It was a coast fest across the finish line. I think Larry trapped 100mph.

I still can't get over Don voicing his disgust with the whole matter. I find that to be the funniest thing I've read out of all this. I would bet 100 to 1 odds just like Shoe did, hell 1000 to 1 odds for that matter, that ANY of these multi-car teams would do the same thing, in that exact situation, especially Don's.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back