Del Worsham - Al Anabi (2 Viewers)

Kevin McKenna from National Dragster dropped this nugget on twitter:

"@NDguyKMc: Lots of really interesting stuff coming out of day one on Pomona. Things are gonna look quite a bit different next year."

Whether that includes this rumor or not, who knows. We'll find out soon enough.

Kevin McKenna from National Dragster dropped this nugget on twitter:

"@NDguyKMc: Lots of really interesting stuff coming out of day one on Pomona. Things are gonna look quite a bit different next year."

Whether that includes this rumor or not, who knows. We'll find out soon enough.

Don't get too carried away. I wasn't referring to this topic specifically. I will say that there are certainly some changes coming next year (almost across the board in all classes) but there are still of things up in the air. I believe all the dominoes will start to fall in the next 30 days.

Doesn't it make sense that AJ would help MLR this weekend to use him as a blocker for the DSR cars?

This rumor just won't go away. Heard it today from some crew members returning after the awards. Won't go into all the details I heard but Alan Johnson obtained title to all the assets of the teams from the Shiek and then sold them to Forrest Lucas. Don't know if that included him being the team manager or not. Also don't know where that leaves any of the crews. Still hearing Dixon gets the second car. May be just BS but it seems to have legs.

Lucas Oil Racing
partners: mavtv, geico, copart, mac tools, toyota, red line
owner: forrest & charlotte lucas
manager/head nitro guru: alan johnson
drivers: lucas, dixon & bernstein

fourth nhra seat to highest bidder.
litton to run partial season.
future home of lee beard.
possible mentioned 'new rule' to allow 5 cars?
worsham, langdon, todd, tj, melanie all potential candidates

how's them apples sound?

Last edited:
Lucas Oil Racing
partners: mavtv, geico, copart, mac tools, toyota, red line
owner: forrest & charlotte lucas
manager/head nitro guru: alan johnson
drivers: lucas, dixon & bernstein

fourth nhra seat to highest bidder.
litton to run partial season.
future home of lee beard.
possible mentioned 'new rule' to allow 5 cars?

how's them apples sound?

Mike you beat me to it. I still want to know if copart is out of it for good. There's still 2 years on the contract. Why can't Brandon at least own it if anything?

Bernstein indicated that an major associate is out and there's not enough money to compete next year. That would seem to rule out Brandon taking the equipment and continuing.

Mike you beat me to it. I still want to know if copart is out of it for good. There's still 2 years on the contract. Why can't Brandon at least own it if anything?

we'll probably find out sooner than later; contracts don't mean anything
so get over that train of thought.

if you and i decide to go into business and we agree to go for 5 years, then.....
- suddenly something happens to me that lessens my ability to perform
or
- you find a better partner and don't want me around anymore

amazingly we'll find common ground to end our 5 year agreement short of term.

will copart be around anymore? who knows.

Everything in the entire operation is for sale.

I have to say I am surprised. I was thinking 2014 he would hang it up. Sure had ants in his pants to get the hell outta dodge, even if it means throwing away a 2 year deal. Even if a Major Associate dropped out it does not mean next season was in jeopardy. How come all the big teams only seem to compete on the basis, "we must run all qualifying runs," I would like to see a BIG team from a BIG team owner not park a car because they can't make all 88 qualifying runs and still afford whatever sunday holds.

Who says you cant run 44 of the 88 qualifying runs and not have a great sunday. It just seems like some team owners would never even think about running a team unless they can afford every single optional qualifying run.

Last edited:
How bout this? Gann is coming from PSB. Does he get in on any of this? He keeps saying 2012 is TF yet we have heard zero details as to how he is going about this.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back