Del Worsham - Al Anabi (1 Viewer)

who cares what happens next year.... personally i'd like to see the
Lucas Oil team advance to the next level; that means championship
contenders in 2012.... morgan and whoever else their drivers are.
from this outsider's view looking in there is one person doing more in the nhra
to promote his own businesses, the sanctioning body, the pro classes and
the sportsmen classes, and IMO does not seek a great deal of limelight.
that would be Forrest Lucas.

What no one seems to be taking into account is that what if Del is not looking to come back next year? What if winning a title finally ends the driving chapter and now he wants to start chapter 2 as a full-time crew chief and only a crew chief instead of the popular, "it sucks Del does not have a ride." Also, I understand all this talk with Morgan and Forest and teammates/sponsors. I hear alot of talk about how they will be championship contenders next year, but there is a fact missing. What talent is going to be there or who is coming to the team? They may have 2012 looking fantastic, but unless Lucas CONFIRMS the hiring of talent and what the plan is for performance in 2012, I don't care if he ran 83's last week, that's not gonna do him any good if the car does not dip into the 70's and often. Bottom line, forget about running for a championship in Top-Fuel in 2012 if you can't at least turn a 78 when it counts. Low 80's is not gonna cut it, it will bring a good season, but not if you want a championship. Of course all my predictions are when the weather is great for it.

who cares what happens next year.... personally i'd like to see the
Lucas Oil team advance to the next level; that means championship
contenders in 2012.... morgan and whoever else their drivers are.
from this outsider's view looking in there is one person doing more in the nhra
to promote his own businesses, the sanctioning body, the pro classes and
the sportsmen classes, and IMO does not seek a great deal of limelight.
that would be Forrest Lucas.

Mike, I agree with you. I would like to see the Lucas group with AJ/Al Anabi next year. Forrest and Charlotte have done so much for the sport, not just for a year or two, and it would be great to see them at the top. Does it mean that I want them to win more than them DSR dragsters, no. Top tier would be very good though.

Just wondering if any of you were at dinner with, played golf with or Spoke to AJ, and Del on Wednesday? No? Then I guess my info is better than what you've got,

And no, I'm not telling what I know. Just relax, you will find out in due time,

Alan

Just wondering if any of you were at dinner with, played golf with or Spoke to AJ, and Del on Wednesday? No? Then I guess my info is better than what you've got,

Alan

Thanx for nothing, namedropper ! :p

Alan

Tease!!! And just how long is "due time?":confused:

Alan

The only thing this post was missing was "neener neener". :mad:

Alan

That's just not right ALAN.

"pretty much lost interest".

Couple years old, but I think this article sums it up:

Thanks for that link, Christopher. I hadn't seen that, and it explains a lot.

I wish Dean nothing but the best, and am glad he's happy. My boys are grown up now, and I don't get to see them nearly as much as I'd like to, so those comments REALLY ring true for me.

I'll leave that inane joke alone in the future. :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back