Del Worsham - Al Anabi (1 Viewer)

.......... even if it means throwing away a 2 year deal. Even if a Major Associate dropped out it does not mean next season was in jeopardy.

Oh, I definately disagree with that. It can make a huge difference budget-wise. That affects the parts you buy or make, the talent you hire, and the number of test runs you can make.

How come all the big teams only seem to compete on the basis, "we must run all qualifying runs," I would like to see a BIG team from a BIG team owner not park a car because they can't make all 88 qualifying runs and still afford whatever sunday holds.

Because, and I mean no disrespect saying it, poeple like Kenny, and the other team owners don't strike me as being the type of people who do ANYTHING halfa$$ed. It's either full bore, or park it until we can.

Or retire.

Who says you cant run 44 of the 88 qualifying runs and not have a great sunday. It just seems like some team owners would never even think about running a team unless they can afford every single optional qualifying run.

Who says? Reality says. If you're not making a full four qual runs, you're not gathering tuneup information. That's especially important with tricky tracks.

I mean, lets be honest here guys. Kenny is no spring chicken anymore. If he and his best half have decided it's time to step back and smell the roses, I say more power to them. As I noted in the Kenny thread, it's always looked to me that Kenny has NOT enjoyed his retirement from driving. If you're not having fun anymore, why keep banging your head against the wall.

Enjoy your retirement Kenny!! We'll miss ya!

Last edited:
............As I noted in the Kenny thread, it's always looked to me that Kenny has NOT enjoyed his retirement from driving. If you're not having fun anymore, why keep banging your head against the wall.

Enjoy your retirement Kenny!! We'll miss ya!
I agree, it hasn't looked like Kenny was having much fun out there lately. Plus spending your life living in hotel rooms gets old after so many years.

Quote from above post:

"Plus spending your life living in hotel rooms gets old after so many years."

That's one comment I will certainly agree on.

All the best to Kenny...hey, this retirement deal isn't all bad.

MaC

I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around there being no #1 on the side of a TF car next year. :(

How about this....Shiek pulls his cash. AJ joins back up with Shoe. Lucas brings his cash. Morgan Lucas 2012 TF Champion. Money talks....Just sayin'

...Who says you cant run 44 of the 88 qualifying runs and not have a great sunday. It just seems like some team owners would never even think about running a team unless they can afford every single optional qualifying run.

Pretty sure that when you are sitting across that table and someone is stroking you a check for your car to be on the track on race weekend, it's not to be out there half the time....

I haven't been on Nitromater for quite a while, so I come back and this is what I read??? Nice to see Mater hasn't changed much!!!! :D

Isn't 2011 the 3rd year that Del has driven for AJ? Usually contracts go for 3 years.

There's no "usually" in contracts... One recent high dollar world championship team was on a year-to-year contract with their drivers... Best to assume that unless you're Del or Alan, their contract situation is going to be an assumption on the fan's part...

It was nice to see Chuck out there the last few races. IF Del were to part with Al-Anabi, it'd be nice to see him 'bowling' with his pops again

Lucas Oil Racing
partners: mavtv, geico, copart, mac tools, toyota, red line
owner: forrest & charlotte lucas
manager/head nitro guru: alan johnson
drivers: lucas, dixon & bernstein

fourth nhra seat to highest bidder.
litton to run partial season.
future home of lee beard.
possible mentioned 'new rule' to allow 5 cars?
worsham, langdon, todd, tj, melanie all potential candidates

how's them apples sound?
Rotten :(

I'm not understanding why (if this is in fact true) Morgan would go from team owner to hired driver. This has also got to put Alan in a weird position. He's the boss over the hired driver, and has to keep the sponsor happy, who is also the hired driver, who works for the owner :eek:

Still not understanding while Jeg did this as well.

Could be because he wants to win. Not any out there better than Johnson.

Could be because he wants to win. Not any out there better than Johnson.

Great Point!

And let's be honest here, can't the Lucas's rehire :D themselves as owner/drivers if they choose to down the road.

When has any Top Fuel Alan Johnson tuned driver ever presented a case for firing anyway! If Morgan had the sponsor and Alan had the equipment it would seem, based on all Alan Johnson track records in Top Fuel that the combo would last a long, long, long time. Until the cows come home! :D or the parts store dude stops pushing Lucas Products on me everytime I want to by a case of Valvoline.

Wow, haven't been here in a while.
1. Did Mel/Roger have a falling out?
2. Where does Gann fit in?
3. AJ's quote re. Del next year seems to be contrary to these scenerios.
4. Quite a shame if the TF Champion does not have a ride.

5. How bout DSR? Is everything good to go for next year, as is?

Thanks,
John

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back