Del Worsham - Al Anabi (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
On Competition Plus it says that one of the big rumors at the SEMA show is the two Lucas cars going to Al Anabi next year and Del Worsham getting the boot.
Anyone have anymore info on this. Droping Del would be bad news, especially if he wins the championship off.:mad:

To repeat what editor/publisher Bobby Bennett wrote, CompetitionPlus.com had nothing to do with the incredibly inaccurate story that's currently running on another web site regarding Del Worsham, Morgan Lucas and Al-Anabi Racing.

I would respectfully suggest to my fellow 'Maters that just because a story has appeared on the Internet, that doesn't make it true. This is one of the real problems with the Internet, in that anyone with a keyboard, modem and access to the Net suddenly has the ability APPEAR as if they're journalists reporting factually.

Rumors are just that, and nothing more. Yes, we do post rumors on CompetitionPlus.com, and do readily acknowledge that the Internet story in question has been listed as such, so you should consider it as such.

There are situations when the reporting of rumors can have a very negative impact on the people and programs being speculated about, and I personally feel that this is one of those instances. It's for those reasons that we at CompetitionPlus.com use extreme caution when considering the posting of a rumor.

We heard this rumor, or at least a very different version of it, days ago. We've reached out to the people involved, did some fact-checking, checked additional sources and still declined to post the story.

Being first to report something is important to people in the news business, and we'd like to consider ourselves in that business. But it's also critically important to report accurately, and lacking some critical aspects of this story resulted in our holding off on posting anything.

We certainly aren't responsible for what others post on other sites. That's their business and not ours. But please, we make enough errors as it is, so please don't blame us for something we didn't do.

Jon Asher
Senior Editor
CompetitionPlus.com

Yeah something doesn't feel right about this. I'm sure the silly season will hold some big surprises but I'm not thinking this is one of them.

Time will tell..

I was going to ask "what happens when Morgan tries to fire Alan?" but I decided not to do it.;)

Never mind. :p

Last edited:
Isn't it funny how the internet gives us informaton 1000 times faster than we would have gotten it in 1996.

But yet we revel in getting it even faster. Wanting to be first?

Don't worry about being first (especially when it comes to rumors) unless there is money or a trophy or Miss Winston waiting on you in Victory Lane.

Lost in all of this is Agent 660's inference that Dixon would get the boot as well.

Still not buyin' it.

He's been colossally wrong before, and I think he's blown it here as well.

Isn't it funny how the internet gives us informaton 1000 times faster than we would have gotten it in 1996.

But yet we revel in getting it even faster. Wanting to be first?

Don't worry about being first (especially when it comes to rumors) unless there is money or a trophy or Miss Winston waiting on you in Victory Lane.

Ain't that right. As far as this rumor, I could see it happening. If Del wins the title or not, I would certainly think it renewed his passion to drive as 2006 on was pretty much a drag for him in the fc class. But since it says nothing of Dixon I guess a 3-car team? That means a tight top 6 next year if it was true, Del coming back to FC makes sense to me on terms that he's championship level and NOTHING short. 2009 and 2010 were not what anyone expected from the Al-Anabi FC team. How bout I make my own rumor?

Al-Anabi money bags brings Lucas and Langdon in with Dixon, They put Del back in an FC Tim and kim tune it cause they worked with Al-Anabi before. They also bring on a second FC with Antron Brown driving, Tuner, I say they give it to Ronnie Thompson, and if it fails Alan walks in.

Last edited:
I apologize to everyone at Competition Plus for referencing you as the source of this blog. I unfortunately referenced CP when it should have been Drag Racing Magazine Online. Competition Plus has always been a good reliable source for drag racing.
:eek:

I apologize to everyone at Competition Plus for referencing you as the source of this blog. I unfortunately referenced CP when it should have been Drag Racing Magazine Online. Competition Plus has always been a good reliable source for drag racing.
:eek:

I second that, The rumors they post almost all end up "truths" and the stories are top notch. I wish they had a monthly mail magazine subscription. Your welcome for the idea.

To repeat what editor/publisher Bobby Bennett wrote, CompetitionPlus.com had nothing to do with the incredibly inaccurate story that's currently running on another web site regarding Del Worsham, Morgan Lucas and Al-Anabi Racing.

I would respectfully suggest to my fellow 'Maters that just because a story has appeared on the Internet, that doesn't make it true. This is one of the real problems with the Internet, in that anyone with a keyboard, modem and access to the Net suddenly has the ability APPEAR as if they're journalists reporting factually.

Rumors are just that, and nothing more. Yes, we do post rumors on CompetitionPlus.com, and do readily acknowledge that the Internet story in question has been listed as such, so you should consider it as such.

There are situations when the reporting of rumors can have a very negative impact on the people and programs being speculated about, and I personally feel that this is one of those instances. It's for those reasons that we at CompetitionPlus.com use extreme caution when considering the posting of a rumor.

We heard this rumor, or at least a very different version of it, days ago. We've reached out to the people involved, did some fact-checking, checked additional sources and still declined to post the story.

Being first to report something is important to people in the news business, and we'd like to consider ourselves in that business. But it's also critically important to report accurately, and lacking some critical aspects of this story resulted in our holding off on posting anything.

We certainly aren't responsible for what others post on other sites. That's their business and not ours. But please, we make enough errors as it is, so please don't blame us for something we didn't do.

Jon Asher
Senior Editor
CompetitionPlus.com

i don't see what the problem is, the very first word in the story is Rumor. anyone 10 years or older knows rumor means, it may or may not be true or it may or may not happen and is not to be regarded as fact !!

In talking to someone who works on a Lucas crew, who also talked with someone who works on an Al Anabi crew.....none of them has heard anything about any of this. Plus, I was reminded that anything is subject to change until you see it testing in Florida in January. So, bottom line....pure gossip!

I was going to ask "what happens when Morgan tries to fire Alan?" but I decided not to do it.;)

Never mind. :p

I somehow missed this post. If you fire Alan as a tuner you DO NOT deserve to be drag racing. Alan had an off year, what happend, 1999 2nd, 2001, 5th, his worst is better than many. 2002 would of been a combined fifth with sarver and scelzi driving, 2003 was 3rd place with shoe, 8 of the races he was not in charge yet. He is someone you never fire. His worst technically documented finish in tf and fc is 5th

Head 2nd NF/C?, Grant does chassis?, Del Drives and helps Chad? Will the Ace be back with a NF/C? Jim always said he would step out of the car if he could find someone qualified and he trusted to drive it. Del in for Jim?:confused:

:confused:;):)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back