Dean Skuza (1 Viewer)

Kind of cool that this week's photo of the week over at NHRA.com is a pic of Dean doing a smokey burnout back in '99.

The following isn't BS, but the IRS stopped Dean who already had a sponsor to help him go racing this year.:cool: It was a foreign gambling company that were interested in Internet Gambling, which is banned by the US Government. So Dean has to look for another sponsor.:mad:

I thought Dean had said once the law was passed,the sponsor pulled out.:confused:

Nunzio, thanks for the kind words. To answer your question, I have been studying personal development, mind make up, thought process and patterns and the like for many years. I have studied and talked personally with Anthony Robbins (he loves racing and was going to come to Sonoma last year but got derailed at the last minute), he is a great start. I work closely with Bob Proctor. He is a friend mentor and coach. He was on Larry King and Ellen several weeks ago. He is a great guy and has followed my racing career for the last bunch of years, now he's hooked! He talks about drag racing alot in his coaching program. If you really want to hear some great info you can go to one of his websites that is actually free it's giftsforyourmind.com.

One last thought, in my opinion motivation is a temporary emotion and for the most part unreliable. To really achieve lasting life improvement you have to prepared to examine and change the way you think permanently. Doing that you change your results. No matter your current level of success or despair you can always improve. It's been said that "We never outgrow our self image". Unfortunately, our self image is usually predicated upon what's going on in our life at the time so we are in a vicious circle!

ON TO RACING! Our test session has gone as planned. Right now we are under the radar, no one is really paying attention to us (4.74 331 2nd pass on the car wasn't bad) but I know we will be shaking up the establishment this year. Some of the stuff Brian and the team have worked on over the winter is starting to show up already. I can't wait for Pomona. ;)

Attitude... It Changes Everything
"Outstanding Success is accomplished through
transformation not motivation....."

Expect to win,

Mike Ashley

Mike,

Thanks for your awesome attitude; you're a real role-model and great thing for the NHRA. Keep it up!

Mike,

Thanks for sharing some great ideas and for taking the time to update all of us here on the mater. I was already a big Gotham City fan, but your willlingness to utilize the skills (and marketability!) of Dean Skuza puts my support of your organization over the top. You are first class all the way and we wish you nothing but the best for the upcoming season. To quote a previous post, YOU ROCK! Please continue to keep us updated, and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you personally at one of the midwest National events, maybe Denver, Topeka, or Brainerd. Good luck!

Mike,

Thanks for sharing some great ideas and for taking the time to update all of us here on the mater. I was already a big Gotham City fan, but your willlingness to utilize the skills (and marketability!) of Dean Skuza puts my support of your organization over the top. You are first class all the way and we wish you nothing but the best for the upcoming season. To quote a previous post, YOU ROCK! Please continue to keep us updated, and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you personally at one of the midwest National events, maybe Denver, Topeka, or Brainerd. Good luck!

Mike.......You've gained 100's more fans because of your "test driver". I've always paid attention to you and your program. Adding Dean as your test driver only adds to that.

Bes tof luck this year. It really appears you have all your ducks in a row.

Last edited:
Mike, I appreciate your response and the heads-up about your friend Bob Proctor. I'll definitely take a look at his material, and I look forward to seeing you in the thick of the FC points chase this year!

Mike,you have to be looking at the marketability of Dean and thinking of him as more than a test driver I hope :rolleyes:

:)
When Lisa and I win the lottery (a BIG one) we'll do a 2 car team:

Skuza and Burkart!!!

Thanks Mike!

:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back