Skuza news (1 Viewer)

hoser

Nitro Member
For Sale: Skuza Motorsports Liquidation Sale (link was removed, it was a link to their ad on Racingjunk)

Looks like they may be done for good. Sad news, sure was hoping to see Dean back out someday.

Last edited:
Might not be what it seems... Moving out old (read: obsolete) gear makes room for some new technology- and that makes it easier to attract some $$$ attention...

The big question is, does Dean still have the fire to get back in the mix? if so, why the big delay? It's not like he couldn't give a GREAT proposal and offer some company some fantastic exposure upon his return....

By the sound of it to get a sponser to support you these days you pretty much have to show you can run hard without them , I don't know if thats true or not but when you read alot of what people say about sponsership that seems like the way it is .

Yeah, your right. But what exactly is that, and don't you think Dean has that to offer? :confused:

He sure does have "THAT"...he always will have "THAT"! However "THAT" also includes the funding from a major corp that will, like Tony said, write the $3 Mill check C/O Don Skuza!!! Homie won't run out of his own pocket...at all!!!

Yeah, your right. But what exactly is that, and don't you think Dean has that to offer? :confused:

....one of the things that wasn't THAT, was Dean sponsored by Mopar, at a Dodge sponsored event, showing up in a rented Caddy...THAT was THE deal breaker with Mopar!

There's much more to the story which can only be told by Don. The Caddy was was Don's personal car btw, and had little to do with the situation.

There's much more to the story which can only be told by Don. The Caddy was was Don's personal car btw, and had little to do with the situation.
John, if there is anything else you can offer us that isn't classified on the situation, I'm all ears! I have heard a lot of "theories" on the demise of Dean's Mopar sponsorship, and some are pretty outlandish...so if you have any stuff that is "share-able" about why Dean fell from favor with MOpar, and why he has had such a hard time coming up with backing since, I would be very interested. But if it's inside stuff that can't be made public, I understand.

I placed a call this morning to someone involved, and I don't want to be a tease, but some things need to be said by those people who were there. I stand by my previous post.

By the sound of it to get a sponser to support you these days you pretty much have to show you can run hard without them , I don't know if thats true or not but when you read alot of what people say about sponsership that seems like the way it is .
I think that they showed that they had THAT also! Dean was one of the highest points earners in the Funny Car Class in the last half of the 2003 season, running unsponsored, out of their own pocket.

I got to tell you, if Don drove anything other than a Mopar vehicle while under their sponsorship, he deserved to lose their support..
That one boggles the mind....

...Just telling it,... Like Jon Asher Told It...!

Hey Bobby Bennett!!!...Where Is Jon?...I need his help!!!...He got HIS info from Mopar...right???:confused:
...The bottom line remains the same...Mopar abruptly ended Skuzas deal and went racing the next year with somebody else.

Last edited:
Next up, a titillating debate over the causes of the Hindenberg disaster.

Jeez guys, what good is going to come of this line of conversation?

Brian

I could see wanting to use your sponsor's products at the track but off the track do you still have to be married to their products?

Let's go back to 2003. Other than the Ram, back then before the LX series came out with HEMI and rear-drive goodness Chrysler's cars were an exercise in mediocrity.

Let's see, a nice Northstar Caddy or a front-drive blob like the Concorde? Gee what a choice. :rolleyes:

Even in your personal life, you are still a representative of your sponsor. They pretty much frown upon people running down the street naked and that sort of thing! Heeeheeheee!!! And NO, I don't think Dean was running down the street naked!!! I was just using that as an example!:D

I could see wanting to use your sponsor's products at the track but off the track do you still have to be married to their products?

Let's go back to 2003. Other than the Ram, back then before the LX series came out with HEMI and rear-drive goodness Chrysler's cars were an exercise in mediocrity.

Let's see, a nice Northstar Caddy or a front-drive blob like the Concorde? Gee what a choice. :rolleyes:

I see where you're coming from, Sam but I think I could suffer and drive a brand new Concorde "blob'.

I mean hell, If a car manufacturer gave me several million dollars to go burn Nitro on the weekends so fans could cheer for me, I would drive a rusty Yugo if thats what they wanted. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back