Chowchilla Motorsports Complex annexation approved (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
DATELINE: JUNE 1, 2012
The Local Agency Formation Commission in Madera, California has approved two separate land annexation requests made by the City of Chowchilla. One of which is for 1,509 acres south of town which should include a planned motorsports complex to be developed by CHWDC development corporation. This marks the largest annexation in the history of the city of Chowchilla and the 2nd largest ever done in Madera County, California, at web-link:

Commission Approves Chowchilla Land Annexation | KSEE 24 News - Central Valley's News Station: Fresno-Visalia - News, Sports, Weather | Local News

For historical reference a video news report from ABC30 dated September 12, 2011 at web-link:
Chowchilla considers development proposal | abc30.com

Chowchilla Motorsports Complex evolved from the Tulare Motorsports Complex which was designed to have a NHRA sanctioned Drag Strip.

;):)

Last edited:
Well that may be fine and dandy, but the big hurdle is getting the State to sign off on it. If the land is currently zoned as Ag Reserve and the principles want to rezone it for Recreation or something else, than the state is going to want all of the back taxes for the previous 10 years or when ever the land owner/leaser requested Ag Reserve. It's all spelled out in the Williamson Act here; Williamson Act Program

Things were going smoothly in Santa Maria until the State held out it's hand and wants what I've heard to be tens of millions of dollars in back taxes.

Last edited:
Well that may be fine and dandy, but the big hurdle is getting the State to sign off on it. If the land is currently zoned as Ag Reserve and the principles want to rezone it for Recreation or something else, than the state is going to want all of the back taxes for the previous 10 years or when ever the land owner/leaser requested Ag Reserve. It's all spelled out in the Williamson Act here; Williamson Act Program

Things were going smoothly in Santa Maria until the State held out it's hand and wants what I've heard to be tens of millions of dollars in back taxes.

Gino, welcome to farm country ! I do have a couple of questions though, how many acres is this Santa Maria project, what was it's use for the last 10 years ?.
Tens of millions is too much in my mind. I have seen farmland here change into developments all the time ------ there's also the timing of the the 10 year window. Lots of maybe .:D

There are two parcels currently being considered: First a 300 aches inside the city zoned area that can't be farmed because the ground is full of alcolie (sp) and the second is 360 aches outside the city zone that the SB County controls. A third (and best) option is at the SM Airport which is federally owned land and not under state jurisdiction. That land however, is only large enough to hold an 1/8th mile track and can only be used as a temporary solution until something permanent can be built.

As far as the dollar amount goes, some of these dates can go back as far as 40 years as it is automatically rolled over every 10 years.

There hasn't been much activity going on up there recently because it's election time and they want to make sure the right people stay in office. I'll be up there this weekend on other business, but I see what else I can find out.

Last edited:
Hey Mark....see that name FRED FAGUNDES....remember it....he's got A LOT more money than Bud Long can even dream about and a legal team like the NY Yankees.....He just leveled all that precious "Raceway" land and installed irrigation and almond trees.... Fred will now NEVER lose that land ....

Just keep being a keyboard jockey drinking the media Kool-Aide....

I'm stating right NOW....THERE WILL NEVER BE ANY TRACK BUILT IN CHOWCHILLA!!!!!!

Have nice delirious day !!!!! :D

Hey Mark....see that name FRED FAGUNDES....remember it....he's got A LOT more money than Bud Long can even dream about and a legal team like the NY Yankees.....He just leveled all that precious "Raceway" land and installed irrigation and almond trees.... Fred will now NEVER lose that land ....

Just keep being a keyboard jockey drinking the media Kool-Aide....

I'm stating right NOW....THERE WILL NEVER BE ANY TRACK BUILT IN CHOWCHILLA!!!!!!

Have nice delirious day !!!!! :D

And another one bites the dust.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back