Look Like Skuza Has A New Site........ (1 Viewer)

I too can't wait as he was one of my favorite drivers out there.

Enteresting enough when you look back at the looooooonnnnngggg time he has been gone and he is just a popular today as when he was running.

Go Dean!!!!

jim

I know this is supposed to be a Suck-up site anymore. But I will walk the plank by saying I'm NOT a Dean Skuza fan! When he and Dad came out in '93 they were very friendly. That was short-lived however, once the Big sponsors came knocking. Attitudes in that Pit changed overnight! I'm not worried about what you Diehard Skuzafans might think since this post probably won't last long enough for you to see it!:rolleyes:

Aww BN everybody has favorites and all of them eventually have to change as their time is held to a premium for obvious reasons.
I for one hope every one of those who have the wherewith all to own and operate a F/C team gets one going.
Next I will be looking for Jerry Tolliver sightings!

Any speculation as to what body he might run? Is he forever Mopar, or willing to run a Chevy if the deal is right? An aside, glad to be back on. It took awhile, but it'll be fun to post again.

Paul D Miller
aka dragfan1

I know this is supposed to be a Suck-up site anymore. But I will walk the plank by saying I'm NOT a Dean Skuza fan! When he and Dad came out in '93 they were very friendly. That was short-lived however, once the Big sponsors came knocking. Attitudes in that Pit changed overnight! I'm not worried about what you Diehard Skuzafans might think since this post probably won't last long enough for you to see it!:rolleyes:
lol:p I don't see anything wrong with your post Noise.

I like Skuza, but I can totally understand you feeling the opposite. I know you have a reason to.:)

Everyone should not get their hopes up. Until the deal is announced, nothing should be expected. Who knows, the potential sponsor may see that they can achieve a better return with a team different team or even a different sport. I do hope Dean returns, but I have heard he was coming back with a new sponsor before also.

Hey, Joe....I'm curious. If Skuza's such a bad guy, how come so many teams jumped in on the Thrash to end all Thrashes? He seemed so sincerely appreciative, imho.

I totally disagree with you on that. They have always been very friendly.

Everyone should not get their hopes up. Until the deal is announced, nothing should be expected. Who knows, the potential sponsor may see that they can achieve a better return with a team different team or even a different sport. I do hope Dean returns, but I have heard he was coming back with a new sponsor before also.

i hear you. i would like nothing more then to see him out hear running, but why is he gitting rid of he stuff in n/d ? mikey

I can't begin to tell how nice Dean and his dad were to me and especially my son. We spent hours in his pit, hauler and motor home. We just stopped by and waited until they had time to talk. If you race, you can appreciate that there are times when youare pushed and times when you can relax. If you catch me at the wrong time, I can be pretty short...

We used to vsit with the Skuza's every year at teh Gators, and they ere always great...

Richard
Rename post as SKUZA RACING IN 07... or something so everyone knows where dean is... Really looking forward to having him back out there... A few of us have missed that character... FUNNY CAR IS BACK!!:D

Skuza is one of a kind,I brought my girlfriend and her son to their first NHRA race at Brainerd,and her son was collecting autographs.We stopped by Dean's pit as he was the one f/c driver that hadn't signed his shirt,and asked a crewmember where Dean might be.He said he was up in the trailer lounge and to c'mon right in and go up and see him.We did,Dean stopped going over the computer info he was studying to say hello,and autograph a very starstruck 11 y/o boys shirt and shoot the breeze with us for a few minutes. A class act all the way,and he's been sorely missed on the tour.

I first met Team Skuza in '93 at Dallas, he came close to rolling the car that Friday night. I was with a gal I've known since 9th grade, we went up and introduced ourselves. They were very Friendly then.........Come '95-96 when the Big Sponsors come online, his Head outgrew his Helmet. For years after that the only time I was anywhere near they're trailer was during warm-ups and that would be it. At fall Vegas '01 that Gal who met the Skuza's with me in '93 was with me on Friday. It was her first race in 7-8 years! She was curious if the Skuza's remembered her, so we went over there and it was like "Hey hows it Going!" They took us in the Trailer, you name it! The very next day I was at the track by myself, I went by the Skuza's trailer and saw Dean getting out of his Rental car. I just wanted to say how much Gail enjoyed getting to see they're pit and trailer. He was instantly the Dean of old! Giving me the "Ok...ok nod trying to ignore me as he walked into his pit. I thought what a Jerk! :confused:

A side note: Since I posted my earlier post on this thread, a good friend who posted on the Old mater emailed me describing a situation similar to mine that he had with another driver! We Bleacher Bums NEVER Forget!

Last edited:
Maybe he was in a hurry, Joe..maybe he was busy.

Maybe you should remember to take the gal with you next time..:D

Thank's for that very positive post . Yes his stuff is pre setback blower and body mods. Frame upgrades most likely and of course 85% .
I was critical of Dean one time when the Caddy thing hit the internet and I did not catch the retraction and got it handed to me.
I felt really bad about it and after seeing him on Hot Rod TV and in interviews decided I liked him.
I could never expect to be recognized again even the same day as my face/name retention is zilch so I expect the same from others ! LOL

Man, some of you folks really expect the red carpet treatment any time you graciously bless drivers with your presence in their pit. Those drivers are at work, just like you and me. I am a junior high school principal, and although I work hard at being accessible, friendly, and congenial, my secretary will vouch for the fact that there are sometimes it's best to not be around me. We are all like that. Why should Skuza, or any other racer for that matter, be any different? Me and my friends try to gauge the situation before approaching drivers and that seems to work well for us.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back