Look Like Skuza Has A New Site........ (1 Viewer)

Back when I was racing Nitro on a budget, I bought parts from Dean and his dad. I drove over to their place in Ohio and they were terrific. They took a lot of extra time and answered questions I had.

As a short example I was buying valve springs so they took me over to their big box of springs, handed me a spring checker and said have a good time while they went and did something else.

I always liked Dean's atitude that racing should be fun too. They are good people but understand they are no different than you and me in that we all have bad days.

jim

Man, some of you folks really expect the red carpet treatment any time you graciously bless drivers with your presence in their pit. Those drivers are at work, just like you and me. I am a junior high school principal, and although I work hard at being accessible, friendly, and congenial, my secretary will vouch for the fact that there are sometimes it's best to not be around me. We are all like that. Why should Skuza, or any other racer for that matter, be any different? Me and my friends try to gauge the situation before approaching drivers and that seems to work well for us.

No Paul I and other racefans DON'T expect red carpet treatment! I don't approach any driver while they are in a thrash for a round, That's a given. And I never expect a driver to be the perfect person after a round loss. David, I know you were joking but you are absolutely Right. I met this couple in Gainesville like 4-5 years ago, this Guy's wife was an absolute Knock out! He was telling me about all the Teams that invited them in they're Hospitality pits, and even out to Dinner with one team.

No Paul I and other racefans DON'T expect red carpet treatment! I don't approach any driver while they are in a thrash for a round, That's a given. And I never expect a driver to be the perfect person after a round loss. David, I know you were joking but you are absolutely Right. I met this couple in Gainesville like 4-5 years ago, this Guy's wife was an absolute Knock out! He was telling me about all the Teams that invited them in they're Hospitality pits, and even out to Dinner with one team.

Exactly!! Please give some of us bleacher bums some credit...we know when not to approach drivers & crew members. I will admit, I am the other person who Joe was talking about who was emailing about issues with another FC Driver. Although I try and stay away from mudslinging and all..I can say that this driver was unprovoked and I asked a simple request, a picture, and the explatives that flew out of his mouth like I was asking him if I could do his wife or something was just beyond professionalism. Ever since then, I won't even go near his pit...oh, yes he did win the race..had no problems all day so there was no excuse for the attitude I got.

T-Bone :D

I will say that Dean and his Dad were VERY nice to us in Gainesville.Let my son come inside the trailer and Dean autographed some Matco/Skuza stuff I had.I was even in a conversation with Dad and Harry from Hairy Glass about 'glass and carbon parts.Did I expect all of this?? No,but it was really appreciated and we let the Skuza's know that.The Skuza's are top notch in my book.

Man, some of you folks really expect the red carpet treatment any time you graciously bless drivers with your presence in their pit. Those drivers are at work, just like you and me. I am a junior high school principal, and although I work hard at being accessible, friendly, and congenial, my secretary will vouch for the fact that there are sometimes it's best to not be around me. We are all like that. Why should Skuza, or any other racer for that matter, be any different? Me and my friends try to gauge the situation before approaching drivers and that seems to work well for us.

Paul, I agree with the sentiment of your post. However, I just wanted to use it as a springboard for one comment that I think often gets overlooked. To me one key difference between these drivers (or any athlete) is that the fans will base their purhase of apparel, die casts and maybe even support of sponsors based on their opinion of the driver. For many a large part of that is their interactions with the driver.

Somehow no mater how nice I am at work nobody seems to want to buy a shirt with my picture on it!!!:eek:

Jay, good point on the apparel deal. I just dislike folks getting bashed if their schedule or inclination does not include being as accomodating one week as the next.

The Skuza's always treated my family and I the same. They treated us like friends. I have said many times on this site, they treat their fans like most of the teams did in the 60's. Like they appreciated having us as fans. And they have always been very accessible. I spent many a rainstorm under the Skuza awning!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back