Skuza update (1 Viewer)

Man, I am thankful of that article. Thanks for writing that!

Dean and Don were a couple of nicest guys out there on the NHRA tour. My family will always cherish the great memories they provided us.

x2 Vaughn. I fondly remember their last year on tour with a fraction of the funding of the major teams on tour, they gave the top tier teams a run for their money. Sucks to hear he has had health problems stemming from a botched appendix removal. Good thing I didn't read this last year before I had my appendix removed, I would have been a basket case going into the operating room.

It was a great interview and shows a side of Skuza that we had not seen before - especially his role as a father.
There is a warning there for the future of our sport. The NHRA has got to get busy reducing costs for the racers and enhancing income opportunities. I know there has been a lot of effort on these issues in the past, but continuing, soaring costs are an existential threat.
Thanks Dean. Merry Christmas.
Cheers,
Ed
Rocky Mountain Superchargers

Wow, what a great read. It's a bummer that Dean and his Dad had to quit the sport they loved so much, but he made some great points about the cost to his family (and to him) to live that kind of life. Sponsors just aren't that interested in footing the type of bill that a top notch full-time team has to spend and like Dean said, if you run it out of your pocket, you have to be nuts. I miss him, and wish he was still out there, even on a part-time basis.

I'm glad he's getting better. Also seems to have a handle on life in general now and what is really important.

What's up with that severing his artery during appendix removal?? There should have been a little compensation for that..not being sue happy..but they made his life hell for 2 yrs.

Keep truckin', Dean!

It was a great read indeed and it makes my point that very few corporations are willing to pay what it takes. The sport has to get the costs way down in my opinion.

I miss the big guy too ! You really have to have a fire to make it in pro racing these days. Good Luck Dean !

There is a warning there for the future of our sport. The NHRA has got to get busy reducing costs for the racers and enhancing income opportunities. I know there has been a lot of effort on these issues in the past, but continuing, soaring costs are an existential threat.
Thanks Dean. Merry Christmas.
Cheers,
Ed
Rocky Mountain Superchargers

The problem is you can't fix it if the biggest star is the one making the costs skyrocket and can outspend the organization in keeping it that way. Making more gadgets to restrict technology or speed only adds to the cost. Taking things away that are easy to police is the only answer. That and the ousting of the pocket pilfers.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back