Funniest Brainerd Campground Story (1 Viewer)

Shazam

Nitro Member
What is your best campground tale from Brainerd. My favorite is a crew chief for a former funny car driver stuck a screwdriver in the Port-a-John while his driver was in there trapping him in.

He was in there about 10 minutes before the crew chief "rescued" him from the supposed bad guy who did it.

Never did tell him the truth.

Mine has to be 2 years ago. A F/C driver who no longer races DNQ'ed. Well
it must of hurt him because we seen him at about 2:00 AM being carried out
of a huge party. He must of passed out because everybody drew on him with marker. Knowbody even noticed who he was until of course I pointed him out. He just gave a drunk smile and waved as he was taken away in a friends
gold cart.

I've got more stories about some big names in the sport, but would NEVER tell them on a message board. sorry.......

Yeah some of the drivers/crew come back in and have a GOOD time. You know, it's nice to see them come back, and party, and just act like any normal person back there just hanging out having fun. Over the last 3 years we've had Scott Geoffrion and Norm Drazy on our "booze cruise" trailer. Some of the driver/crew BIR storeis are not for message boards, I agree.

Funny story a few years ago, we had had some rain back in the campground, and a big deep mudhole developed. Some dude in this raised up F-350 thought he'd be bad ass and make it through. Well, he got half way in, and he was about as stuck as one could get. We left and went back to camp, to re-load on beer or whatever, and sure enough pretty soon here comes a flat bed trailer with that truck on it (NEVER a good sign at BIR they don't take that lightly) never to be seen again.

Last year, on Sat night/Sunday early AM a semi tractor parked right in front of ours and Corkys (the amercian flag guy, everyone knows him) camp. Well the driver was told to move it, or else..... Well, he didn't, and before long, someone decided if he needed to be parked there, he didn't need to have air in his tires. Soooo..he had a bunch of flat tires the next morning. We all got a good chuckle out of that.

Last edited:
I've got more stories about some big names in the sport, but would NEVER tell them on a message board. sorry.......[/QUOTE]

That is why we should still be able to use nick names............ ;)

oh boy, where do you start.
back a few years they had what were called the 'barrel fights'
two guys with 55 gal. drums overhead and then running at each other.
knock the other guy down and you win and move on to next round.
(yes, sooner or later there was actually a champion / usually 6'-7" @ 300lbs.)
so this average size guy with liquid courage thinks he can do this.
about 1 minute later had broken knuckles (barrel to knuckles)

a few camps used to lay blue tarps on ground and make believe it was
a pool. then the diving competition would begin / belly flops mostly
not a good idea to wear anything you expected to take home.

watching a guy getting his body signed by a lot of people
with a black sharpie at about 5am

kids pouring water on asphalt road - all the traffic leaving at end of day/
some would stop and do burnout - security would come and say "stop",
just then there would be another pool of water and burnout about 50 yards
down road; security would run down there and say "stop", then another
burnout back in original spot / repeat / repeat / hilarious

.....to be continued

If I posted some of the pictures I have I think I'd be banned from the mater for life.

A couple years ago some guys pushed a chevy S-10 into the
main fire in the middle. It didn't completely burn but I'm sure there
was some major damage.

Can't remember how many years ago (lots) but at about 5 AM it
sounded like a bomb went off. Well somebody threw a 20 LB.
LP bottle in the main fire.

If I posted some of the pictures I have I think I'd be banned from the mater for life....

are you referring to 1988 pictures?:eek:
i remember the 'bomb' going off in main fire. wow.
i also remember two young guys who tried to pick up a log and
run it into main fire - the kid in front did not let go of the log
and ended up in fire. this was a serious deal. major burns to many areas.
after that you didn't see the logger's truck leave piles of logs
to be 'added later'

to make a related comment - one of the coolest campsites of
yesteryear was a bunch of guys who called themselves
'top alcohol camp' - they had their own campground decal every year.
we'd put them on our ticket holder - they also had guest book to sign when
visiting them - they had chairs set out like mini-movie theater and
would be playing some old cool movie like 'the blues brothers'.

You could always post a LINK to said pictures with a "warning" attached. :p :D

I think what Todd meant was there would be a price on his head by a few certain drivers.

I have few really good stories however I would not be in good standing with the NHRA Safety Safari/Tech if I was to disclose any details. Keep in mind no animals were hurt, nobody did anything morally wrong or un-ethical...we just had too good af a time...

There was time about 15 years ago when I went to a National Event for the first time. I road up with a friend who won Division IV and had a Gold Card. We left the Twin Cities at about 5:00 am and arrived at the track at about 7:00. We were able to park just beyond the fence outside of the Zoo. As we walked in, there was a guy laying next to a tree wearing nothing but underwear and cowboy boots. He was surrounded by a circle of Beer Cans about 15 feet in diameter and 12 inches deep. Further down the road was the remains of a burnt up golf cart...

Last year we saw a whole bunch of a certain Multi-Car Team walking out of the zoo...they apparently had their Carts (like 2 or 3) taken away. We gave a few of them rides back to the trailer where the Boss was not to happy.

The Zoo...Do Not Feed the Animals!!!

I’ll try to dig up a few pictures from last year (they are on another hard drive…. Somewhere) Don’t worry, I’ll keep it clean.:D

I remember about two years ago someone posted a photo of Antron Brown posing with a good ol' boy wearing a t-shirt that said "I hate ___, ___, ___, ___, and ___" (insert the top five racial slurs)

They were both grinning.
A caption read "This is what happens when you hang out in the ZOO"

I think what Todd meant was there would be a price on his head by a few certain drivers. (and owners might I add)

That is exactally why. Some things that happen in the zoo just need to stay in the zoo.

Where is this "top alcohol" camp site? I'd like to pay them a viist.

Here is one of Morgan Lucas and a couple of his guys last year.
Morgan1.jpg

haven't seen the 'top alcohol camp' for many years, i would guess mid 90's.
they used to be back behind where the 'miller lite' / 'pool table' guys are now.

does anybody remember the guys from WI that owned a resort - brought
many canopy tents and practically their whole kitchen - cooked tables full
of homemade pizzas for anybody who happened to be there. they were
rite across road from Ma & Pop's. miss those guys!

haven't seen the 'top alcohol camp' for many years, i would guess mid 90's.
they used to be back behind where the 'miller lite' / 'pool table' guys are now.

We camp directly accrost the street from the Miller Lite guys. That is quite
a spread. 100's of pallets are burned there every night. And the Vikes
pre-season and a big screen.

I wonder what they will do next year with LITE gone. The whole Miller team
"minus LD" stops by every year for a few games of pool.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back