Danica should Try Drag Racing !! (1 Viewer)

Maybe so, but any move to NHRA by DP would be looked at in the Motorsport community as a Major step down.

How many NASCAR races has Danica run this year? Or did Go Daddy Bail?
Yep, it would be. She has run all of them except the all star race...and yes GD is still with her.

Danica Patrick drives for Tony Stewart. The same Tony Stewart who was supposed to give one of the DSR dragsters a spin sometime. I don't know about career suicide, but a race or two here or there is no different than what they do already. Tony Stewart, Kyle Larson, Ken Schrader (who is no longer in Sprint Cup), Kurt Busch, etc all run races in other series. Even local short tracks near where the Cup races are. Kurt just did the double with Indy/Charlotte. Personally i'd rather see the stock car guys and gals in the Pro Stock ranks, but it would be interesting to see them give nitro a try. A few years back at Z-Max, Clint Bowyer and Kenny Wallace were learning to do burnouts and some 60 foot launches in a Pro Stock with Jeg and Dave Connolly. Speaking of the Coughlin's, Cody Coughlin runs ARCA and has been doing very well this season.

Here's some video:

Last edited:
but let me ask you this; has any driver done Every one of the 4 big motorsports? (NASCAR, INDY, F1, NHRA).
I don't know about all four of the major series. But, John Andretti has raced in Indy car, Nascar, and Nhra Top Fuel. Michael Andretti has done Indy car and F1.

Danica is never going to do NHRA, trying to figure out how she would do is pointless. How did NHRA get classified as one of the big 4 in motorsports? Last I checked they rank somewhere between Poker and the National Spelling Bee, or at least that's how ESPN seemed to view it.

FWIW: Michael Andretti's 1993 F1 season http://www.racing-reference.info/drivdet/andremi01/1993/F.
It was worse than some remember:
7 DNF's - 4 crashes, 2 spins, and 1 mechanical
1 podium
and never finished on the lead lap in 13 races

It didn't help that the FIA banned all pre-season testing for the start of 1993. Michael wasn't able to test the McLaren MP4/8 until the 1993 season started. Senna and Hakkinen did all the testing in late '92 because Michael was in a championship battle with Bobby Rahal for the 1992 IndyCar title, of which Rahal won.

It didn't help that the FIA banned all pre-season testing for the start of 1993. Michael wasn't able to test the McLaren MP4/8 until the 1993 season started. Senna and Hakkinen did all the testing in late '92 because Michael was in a championship battle with Bobby Rahal for the 1992 IndyCar title, of which Rahal won.

As I remember it, testing was limited to a circuit in the team's home country, not banned outright. This was a concession to Ferrari, which have their own test track and were not keen on being told how or when they could use it. There was plenty of testing done in late '92 after CARTs season was over and early '93 that Andretti could have gotten involved in, but he only did 4 days total. Senna even managed to squeeze in a CART test with Penske in December of '92 at Firebird on top of the F1 stuff.

While I agree that Michael's stint in F1 was a self-inflicted disaster, McLaren was not the place to be moving forward from '93. I would say he got out while the getting was relatively good, even if history won't remember it that way (and probably shouldn't to some degree).

And I know I said it before, but I still can't believe he was the last American to stand on a podium, I never dreamed the drought would be this long.

Last edited:
Even if F1 testing was restricted to a teams home country for 1993. There was no real ability for McLaren to test in the Winter months of the U.K.. The '92 IndyCar season ended October 18, and the '92 F1 season ended November 8. The first race of the '93 F1 season was March 14. Realistically there wasn't much of an opportunity for Andretti to go test before the end of the 1992 calander year. Granted Michael could've spared no expense and bent over backwards to make things happen even if for a limited test.

It's really not that hard to believe that Michael's podium at Monza was the last for an American driver. The F1 community didn't view Andretti's attempt very favorably. As stated he tried to do it his way, living in Nazareth, PA and commuting to F1 races. Worst of all he didn't finish the season, Monza was his last race. It gave American drivers an unfair black eye that really hasn't gone away. Scott Speed is the last American to race in F1, and he was dogged by a team boss, Gerhard Berger, that did not want him. Alex Rossi is the only American in F1 that has a chance of getting a seat, but it's safe to say it won't be with a front running team.

Last woman i can remember racing F1 was the first 3 races in 1992 with Italy's Giovanna Amati driving for Brabham. never qualified for any of them.

I think Danica is a very nice person and she does have some driving talent.

Having said that I don't believe for one minute that she would be racing in NASCAR without the sponsor coming along with her.

Both NASCAR and the NHRA have some really good drivers sitting on the sidelines for one reason and that is they cannot bring a big time sponsor with them.

Years ago when you went looking for a job driving for someone they wanted to know all about you experience and how many championships you had won.

Jimbo

Kenneth, that video is somewhat misleading. NASCAR drivers talk sh!t about ALL the other drivers on the radio, not just Danica. If they made one for Joey Logano or Kyle Busch it would make the Danica one look G rated.
Yep, you are 100% spot on. She gets along great with just about all of the drivers on the tour. Kevin Harvick has studied videos of her races and has been tutoring her. He helped her a lot at a couple of tracks. This information doesn't come from what i see or hear on tv...it came from crew guys that i know on Kevin and Kurts teams

I know that someone could make a similar video of Joey Logano, Kyle Bush, and others. Like Kyle Petty said "some people can drive fast, but that doesn't mean they can race" (or something along those lines), but the only time I watch NASCAR is when I want to take a nap.

Joey Logano is very very good.

I saw him a few times years ago in the Legend Cars and at ten years old he won more races then any ten year old in the USA.

He was the Legend Series Champion at ten years old at Atlanta Raceway racing guys a lot older then he was. He used to race against Mark Martins son Matt at the time.

He seems to have really found a home with Penske and I was surprised Gibbs let him go in the first place.

Jimbo

http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

how many of you have seen her race? I have many times. she's no road racer, the talk about her and F1 is just to get attention to the effort. I can't believe they have any intention of putting her in F1. however on an indycar oval she's just as good as any other oval driver. I 've seen her race and she can get it done on an oval. And not all of them can. There are drivers in indy car who are great on the road courses, some who suck and ovals, and some who are just scared of ovals. give her the credit she deserves. she consistently performed well at the indy500. she should have stayed in indycar. she'd have eventually won it if she had.

they dont do her any favors by using her sex as a marketing tool . she's a solid indycar oval driver, just like ed carpenter. no one gives him anything but respect for what he's doing.

how many of you have seen her race? I have many times. she's no road racer, the talk about her and F1 is just to get attention to the effort. I can't believe they have any intention of putting her in F1. however on an indycar oval she's just as good as any other oval driver. I 've seen her race and she can get it done on an oval. And not all of them can. There are drivers in indy car who are great on the road courses, some who suck and ovals, and some who are just scared of ovals. give her the credit she deserves. she consistently performed well at the indy500. she should have stayed in indycar. she'd have eventually won it if she had.
She did pretty good in qualiying on a road course in Sonoma yesterday. She was 3rd fastest most of the first session and then ended up 6th...and then qualified 11th in the second session. I think she finished 5th in the 2008 Indy car race at Sonoma.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back