Countdown Poll (2 Viewers)

Should NHRA scrap the Countdown or keep it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey! It just swung from 88/12 to 87/13. You Countdown folks are on a roll! :D Someone put that on a flow chart and show NHRA!!!

and then lets see how much money those casual fans put into the sport via the die hards who travel to the races, who make sure to buy on a personal and business level from companies that sponsor drag racing, who diligently watch the programming, who buy the souvenirs.

The NHL assumed those die hards would always be there but many of them have been chased off by their changes. Baseball suffered huge blows that took years to bounce back from. Those sports didn't have alternatives as we do. I spent more time checking out local and other sanctioning bodies this season. You know what I am a drag racing fan not an nhra fan.

Is your casual fan that you are after going to embrace the sport enough to support it financially to make up for the die hards that may look elsewhere?

I consider myself a non diehard fan of NASCAR and I travel to go see some of the races. I usually travel down to Concord each year to attend the Coke 600 and I purchase t-shirts and hats when I attend. I see the same thing from casual NHRA fans, they still purchase items supporting their favorite drivers.

The poll can be 99% to 1%, but do you really think the NHRA will go back to the old system? I hope we can look back at this 5 years from now and all agree that the Countdown was a good thing for the sport after it has some minor tweaks.

You're right Paul. NHRA doesn't care about the consumers opinion. With that attitude, anyone else wouldn't be in business very long. They have figured it out, it's all about the passion for the sport, that's why racers race, and spectators spectate.

I also wanted to add, that I wear BRUT Green/Nitro on the farm, and BRUT Revolution by Night. :cool: (Now it looks like I'll have to shop soley at NAPA). Capps is my guy. My favorite RACER and darn close (if not) to being my favorite sports/motorsports athlete.

I'm not complaining about anyone getting screwed.

I consider myself a non diehard fan of NASCAR and I travel to go see some of the races. I usually travel down to Concord each year to attend the Coke 600 and I purchase t-shirts and hats when I attend. I see the same thing from casual NHRA fans, they still purchase items supporting their favorite drivers.

NHRA has casual fans? I have brought many first timers to a NHRA event. They all loved it while they were there but never stayed with it enough to watch it on TV and many would only come once. Listen to the people in stands around you when you go to a national event, it's amazing how many first timers are there every time. Casual NASCAR fans can buy T-shirts/hats away from the track because they sell. Most of the NHRA's drivers are unknown to most of the world.

Due to the overwhelming success of the countdown to one, I wish the NHRA, for the 2008 season would just crown a new champion every two races.

Try taking an independent poll of all the race teams, owners & drivers. I can guarantee no one (except this years winners) likes the new system. They haven't from the beginning. If we don't like it, as fans, and they don't like it then who's left???? Why NHRA, and they don't give a sh** whether anyone likes it on not.

Ma Green

Try taking an independent poll of all the race teams, owners & drivers. I can guarantee no one (except this years winners) likes the new system. They haven't from the beginning. If we don't like it, as fans, and they don't like it then who's left???? Why NHRA, and they don't give a sh** whether anyone likes it on not.

Ma Green

Pat, I'll bet at least one of the winners doesn't like it either.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back