who thinks it over? (1 Viewer)

afx421

Nitro Member
well we all know tony $humacher has it sewn up already, but now with wilk pulling away i think he has the championship sewn up too, as for p/s its still jeggie, he will win it too. so with 3 races left and pretty much all 3 champions decided, lets hear how great the countdown is now please. and the 1,000 ft stuff. 2 years ago before the countdown, 2 classes came down to pomona didnt it? ;) lets hear who thinks its not over.

Yeah, I would agree that it is over in TF and Funny Car. How amazing was that that wilk went through all 3 force cars.

That puke tank line that was loose in the final cost Wilk 15 points (1 round basicly) of racing, which is huge. Although it's only 1 round-- 12 rounds to make up 5 is a lot worse then 12 rounds to make up 4.

It can be done!

Pipe Rack-- I say Shoe sits out Till Pomona to let everybody catch up.
It's a battle for #2.

Last edited:
Pipe racks over
Flopper... not yet, let's see what happens at Richmond
PSB... Smith's to lose...
Gas Flopper... will go to P2

d'kid

its not over yet...although im definetly on the wilkerson bandwagon and rooting for him its not over for any of the pros yet. Alot can happen in three races. Yea we all know Schumachers car has been a machine this year but he still hasnt clinched and we still have 12 rounds of racing.

With Schumacher being allmost unbeatable this year , he will probably win . He has had a great year if there was no countdown then it would really be a great year .

Last edited:
Shoe pretty much has it locked up, but Wilky is still beatable, so FC's not locked up by any means. I think that good ole Mike Dunn might be a little premature with his 80 point assesment. I think that after Virgina if you are 80 out you might be in trouble.

Top Fuel - It's over, I'll agree with that.

Funny Car - there's too many rounds left to declare a winner. I count 12. If Wilk leaves "Vegas" with a 4 round lead, THEN I'd say it's pretty much over,..but not just yet. There's three good cars within striking distance. If Ashley keeps going rounds, she'll be in the mix too, but Papa is too far back, which he doesn't want to admit.

The gas guzzlers, not over yet either.

JMHO

its not over yet...although im definetly on the wilkerson bandwagon and rooting for him its not over for any of the pros yet. Alot can happen in three races. Yea we all know Schumachers car has been a machine this year but he still hasnt clinched and we still have 12 rounds of racing.

okay, Tony has an eight round lead on Cory Mac and 9 on Ant... If Tony goes two rounds at Richmond and Cory & Ant Don't race in the Finals, It's Over...

d'kid

Sarge is over eight rounds ahead of Cory, the team is almost flawless and Tony hasn't forgotten how to pedal - it's a lock.
FC is NOT done - four cars within five rounds of Wilk and (face facts) the class is much more competitive than TF. A first round loss by Tim could change everything in one race!
PS will probably go to Pomona - the class is so freaking close that any qualifier can win a round at any time, which makes for some really exciting racing.
PSB will probably be determined by some one redlighting - not sure what the answer is but it needs to be fixed.

NO,P/S ain't over by a long shot. How do you figure Jeggie has it,he's less than two rounds up with twelve rounds left. It's wide open and KJ will get it done.Have you given up on KB Racing? KB must have,he's been absent the last two races.:confused:

GO KJ

Greg and Jason both have good cars. They've both won the P/S title before. They can get it done. I guarantee that nobody in P/S is taking KB Racing lightly.

no no he's right the countdown does suck but really only race is locked up right now. Wilk is getting close Matt could've made the climb rougher today but he's still up 3 rounds with only 8 to go

all im merely saying is...until theres a asterisk next to schumachers name that says "clinched championship" its not over. Yeah, hes pretty much got it locked up and yeah that car is an absolute monster and schumacher has been flawless all year. But what happens if he chokes one weekend and goes out first round??? and the next weekend too??? theres too many variables to sit down and say that its over....And plus merely speaking as a tv viewer im so ill of seeing him win that i wanna watch somebody else make it interesting lol

Pro stock and Funny car I think will be decided at the World Finals.

Maybe this thread was what the NHRA was hoping to create with the new countdown. Look at all this excitement!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back