who thinks it over? (1 Viewer)

I wish Tim had clinched this event. I want to see him win the title. One poor little old independant out there against all the big teams.

Was the second round what you really want to see in the future? One team having 50% of the competitors, I find that a bit dismaying. I will cheer my heart out for the underdog. It does my soul good to see any of the Team Force cars LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People whine and cry about how Tony keeps winning but it is OK when the Force cars keep winning. What a bunch of hypocrits.

ALL THE WAY TIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this thread was what the NHRA was hoping to create with the new countdown. Look at all this excitement!

Hardly, look at the person who started the thread and the assessment that person made. His assessment is a tad premature for FC and PS. Now, if Wilk gains another 60 points on the field in Virgina, I will agree with his view. It isn't over until it is over. I like what I see with how the Championship is playing out.

ALL THE WAY TIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boy I'm with you on that one. Only one thing could be better than the way he won yesterday and that would be seeing him hoist the championship trophy in Pomona. A real David and Goliath story in the making. Go Wilk!

Funny Car is far from over. Anything can happen with these cars. Too many variables and too many rounds left. I hope Wilk pulls it out. I don't follow the other classes that much.

Hardly, look at the person who started the thread and the assessment that person made. His assessment is a tad premature for FC and PS. Now, if Wilk gains another 60 points on the field in Virgina, I will agree with his view. It isn't over until it is over. I like what I see with how the Championship is playing out.

Well, it looks as if I've been corrected yet, again! Thanks so much.

Kathleen,

Honestly, Three Direct family members, you might want to ask Jenn how many cars her family races...

And yeah, I don't mind seeing a family do good, that built a team. Can't wait until Tim's son goes full time...

d'kid

I ain't calling nutin' over. I am a dummy who was at the finals two years ago, and left after the semi's because "of course Kalitta's got this wrapped up, I mean geez louise, Schumacher can't pull this out, let's beat the traffic". :(

It ain't over 'til it can't mathematically be won by someone else. I'm not leaving V2 or P2 until the last transporter's loadin' up :)

Congress has a better chance of finding a trillion dollars on the back steps than anyone has of beating Tony this year unless AJ is abducted by aliens.

Since Jeff Arend has alot of ground to make up... I'll hop on the Wilk bandwagon. Sure would be nice to see Tim get his due.

I said it in the beginning of the year and I'll say it again now... Tim Wilkerson's season looks alot like Bruce Larson's season did back in '89 when the late Maynard Yingst was turning the wrenches. And I, for one, happen to love seeing the underfunded, single car team doing well.

Another similarity is his working relationship with Prudhomme. As I recall, he "kinda" shares data with Donnie Bender at Snake racing this year, doesn't he? Kinda like Larson and Yingst were doing with that Amato feller and his crew chief The General back when they won it all.

Regardless - Go Wilk! Continue to be the Giant Killer!!

I said it in the beginning of the year and I'll say it again now... Tim Wilkerson's season looks alot like Bruce Larson's season did back in '89 when the late Maynard Yingst was turning the wrenches. And I, for one, happen to love seeing the underfunded, single car team doing well.

Another similarity is his working relationship with Prudhomme. As I recall, he "kinda" shares data with Donnie Bender at Snake racing this year, doesn't he? Kinda like Larson and Yingst were doing with that Amato feller and his crew chief The General back when they won it all.

Good pickup on that parellel!!!

I've been thinking the same! I think it's really big for motorsports in general, these days, to see a underfunded, independent team win a major motorsports championship.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back