Burk's Blast....Interesting (1 Viewer)

empty the black box... record only... no timers, none. Oh, once the car fires, no adding or removing anything from the throttle cable.

d'kid

I still like my idea better. With a 10/71 blower and one regulation size blueprint pump. no clutch management. any ring gear. maybe two mags though since I believe an additional mag will not effect performance that much aside from reducing dropped cylinders because of the pump and blower size limit. The smaller 10/71 blower would address the lean meltdown concerns of Dale Armstrong because boost and thus air volume would be reduced to match pump. The blower would keep them loud. 100% in the tank. Todays billet heads and forged billet blocks for reliability. 2:90 gear like the a/fuel cars because the lack of clutch management will make it difficult to load a blown fuel motor without running through the clutch and dropping cylinders. They are already having that problem with the alky cars. The above specifications would be very easy to regulate. Almost hands off in fact. You could even throw away the limiter. You wouldn't need to train TECH to measure and calculate head gaskets and compression heights.

A wise man once said. "The difference between nitro racing and alky/a-fuel racing is like going to a bull fight or goat fight...and the line to watch someone fight that bull is a helluva lot longer."

Question:Why is the man in the stands at Bandimere bleeding profusely from his nose, is it the altitude? Answer: No, it's because he is wearing a "Ban the Blower" t-shirt.............. And you think 1000 ft racing drew ire from some diehard fans...watch the reaction when you say no blown fuelers:eek:

A blown car and and an A/Fueler even at 100% sound different and even the dumbest person in the stands can tell the difference. I think AA/Dale's plan makes the most sense. Oh and let's un ban the Gizmo for the TA folks.

S/F
D

I have nothing against the alky guys, they are great racers and I have met alot of really nice people thru there ranks but to think that alky could replace nitro is about the most stupid idea ever. Joe is right. They gave away tickets to the divisional race and had 5k people show up. It just aint the same. It would be the death of the NHRA as we know it today. I dont like the 1000 ft idea at all, but I will gladly take nitro at 330 ft before I take alky at 1320 ft.

Justin, I suspect you were referring to A/Fuel (ie: Nitro) Dragster as if it was Alky and that is not what is being debated here. A/FD cars run on 96% Nitro (if not mistaken) and have some of the cackle of Top Fuel and Funny Car but you lose the whine of the blower which is a pretty cool sound also. I can see both sides of this argument and as much as it would seem a step backwards, that may be the future for AA/FD and AA/FC if things don't change. There are too many short tracks and too much carnage to engines, and now people too, for things to continue the way they are. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how this 1000 ft. deal plays out.

Keep on debating maters!

Jeff made his statements based on his personal involvement with JIM ODDY.
when ihra was wackin the blower PM guys, this compression deal was part of what they were working on!!/ working AROUND.!
Jeffs point-...compression wont stop 'em.
My point...nail the compression like AA Dale said, AND DONT let them mess with the rest.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back