Top Fuel and Funny Car: A modest proposal inspired by Alan R. (2 Viewers)

All these great ideas. But wait, no one has mentioned throttle stops. Would be great for boosting business of the blower manufacturers and body makers. :)

Support local Classic-type and full quarter mile nitro funny car and fuel dragster racing. Entry level racing on fuel at 240-265 MPH in the mid-5 second zone. Plenty of races, plenty of tracks, only a few seats left.

If you don't like the Big Show, ditch the Big Show. Don't try to fix it, it won't fix.

I'm all for reducing costs in any way possible, but NO, I don't see going back to 1320. Keep qualifying to 2 passes, that helps a lot of the smaller teams.

This year has had some of the best racing in years, I'll definitely take 1,000 ft. racing and keeping it close to what we currently have.

I would like to see the N/TF and N/FC as a National Event Sportsman class,without the Whiz-Bang $8000 6-71superchargers (that flow so much air that it goes lean at the hit = burnt pistons) along with the current Heritage Series rules in effect. While this would do nothing trying to put the 'Genie Back In The Bottle' with the Pro Classes,some of those lesser funded die hard nitro teams may switch over,and some Nostalgia guys would no doubt run these events.

Whole new bag of parity issues.

Well, yeah, but I was thinking what times could a N/TF run w/ 6:71 blower on T/AD tires, and thought maybe 5.30's, high .20's but still wouldn't be competitive with a Cowie or Severence combo. So, then I had the bright idea of a 10:71 blower, which I thought would put N/TF in the low 5's. Also was thinking of a variety of cars for the class, like front engine VS back motor, etc. Not too many nostalgia meets anymore, so maybe this would give the nostalgia cars more places to race. Just my 2 cents with one cup o' joe...... :)

Most of the Nostalgia Nitro cars that run booked in stuff get good money per lap.Few would come out unless the $$ was there across the whole field.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back